• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE Results Thread

oksas

oak-sauce
I'm a little late, since the argument has died down, but nonetheless:

Until I heard Tim mention it one of the nights after everybody had left, I thought I was the only one who noticed how much of a **** everybody was being to Jason. So it is nice to see that I certainly wasn't the only one, but nonetheless things got pretty awful. Smack talk during a match is one thing, but insults and personal attacks on Jason were completely unnecessary.

I just didn't understand why anyone could really *dislike* Jason. I spent some time with him Friday, and spoke every now and then between Saturday and Sunday, and he was the nicest person at the tourney I encountered. I can't speak for his behavior at other tourneys, but he always seemed to be the most calm and sportsmanlike player there (not to mention the best, apparently). Never saw him get angry, never heard him insult anyone else, never heard him victory cry, etc. Even on Friday when he mentioned he was conserving money and holding off on food, he never directly ask for anything; I offered him pizza, bought him Panda, told him to let me know if he needed anything. And he was always extremely polite about everything. So why anyone would have something against M2K is beyond me, even if he held up the match for a few minutes because of a controller freakout.

On that note, it was disappointing on the whole how much region tension there seemed to be. There doesn't need to be so much gossip about each other behind our backs. If someone's really doing something wrong, ****ing tell them. I heard so many insults thrown around all weekend (not just at Jason) that were unnecessary.

Also, I think someone earlier mentioned that you should do favors out of kindness, not because you expect a thanks/something else in return, and I agree with that. I housed 6 other people not so that I could get thanks, but because I *wanted* to. I saved them some money, certainly, but in the end they were doing me a favor. I just as easily could have stayed in my dorm on campus, refusing to house anyone, and biked to the venue both days. But why do that when I could house and meet a bunch of new people that I'll probably rarely get to see ever again? And, so long as they're nice and easy to get along with, if they don't end up thanking me profusely, it really doesn't make a difference to me. So if M2K had gotten a bed and food from me with no thanks, that's fine. My pleasure.

shoutouts to come later

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
THANK YOU I wonder that too x__x

also yeah i housed people all the time too, last time was in summer 2007 I housed like 20 people, but then from my room someone stole around 1000 dollars (in gift cards ive been saving up + money) and now I'm banned from my parents from ever housing again.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I didn't do so hot this tournament. I would like to try to do better next time. Seems I still have a lot to learn. I think I had the worst record there for anyone in pools in Brawl singles.

oksas

oak-sauce
yeah, i also did pretty badly in everything. i won a single game in my melee pool, and only two games in n64 pool. loools

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I haven't played N64 Smash in forever. I would have done really badly myself. I'm hoping to go to a few more tournies. One in Vegas coming up next week and one in Fresno in May. Anyone intend to be at either? Give me a PM for details if you are interested any chance.

Hey, do any of you guys ever pass through Kingman AZ any chance?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
post links to accounts posting vides and stuff :)
there is a possibility I could have videos up tomorrow/Saturday, it depends on if I go to Kyle's since I can't upload at home. If not this weekend, next Friday for sure, since I'll know I'll be at Kyle's then, since it will be April, 20th. This is My Channel until then.

I'll make sure to make a big post in this thread again, once they are up.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alot of the livestream vids have been posted already.

Ok I will try to sum up these shoutouts because sadly I have very little free time for this week and by next week... well no one will really care haha.

Cali smashers ****. Simple as that. You guys were all really chill and fun. Stab, West, S2J, Baka, CommonYoshi (who got way better since Genesis2), Doll and J666 and Sung. Plus anyone else who I forgot :(
I wanna go to Cali now even more.

AZ2GOOD.
Happy Birthday Axe! <3 you bro.
Taj and wobbles thanks for the smash and housing and fun times :)
Tai - sorry my bro and I poke ***** you. Thanks for being a good sport. Next time you can get revenge :D
Bronze Kneecap - Get better!
Light - You already know
Moniqua - get *****...

Herro - I want eegees. Bring me some. <3

K9 and Kira - Stop raging! Stay chill. And keep throwing the N word around like it's a vowel haha :D
D Dollahs! - good **** on beating Kira bro. Keep improving k.

Everyone else in AZ freakin rocked. I just wish I didnt lose my voice so I could have talked with everyone more hahaha.

NM - Good **** brawl wise.
Neil - why didnt we talk more... Seriously haha. Good **** vs S2J. I saw that.

Ok that is my condensed shout outs. To all I forgot, I am sorry. But know that thos weekend was a blast and I want to do it again haha :D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Silarobe, It's just my time. :D

Don't worry, from time to time, you may see me, but I think I am going to work towards getting in the Navy. Don't worry, it's still Nytetime, always is.

Top Bottom