• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE Results Thread

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Obv. a random can't just beat a player like kira twice in one tourney without at least being knowledgeable. It's just interesting from the perspective of a person who only hears of some of the more well-knowns like k9, sillykyle, and kira.
Ya yummy is actually raked 5 in AZ right behind silly kyle he just has yet to be exposed to the world.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okay so, REGARDING THE TOURNAMENT RUNNING:

There are some basics when you want to run a tournament that's more than a couple dozen people. Most people don't follow these basics. Large-scale tournaments don't follow them. This is why every tournament runs late.

1) If you are hosting a tournament and plan to enter it as well, you need numerous volunteered staffers to shift over to TO'ing. There were other people helping (I saw mostly v3ctorman doing it) but it didn't feel like any kind of baton-passing was taking place.

2) TVs that are for friendlies need to be separated from TVs for tournament. Whether it's with a giant gap in tables or a rope or Taj hanging out with boxing gloves ready to **** you up for playing Kirby dittos on Icicle Mountain while I'm trying to **** space animals, YOU NEED SEPARATION.

Repeated: split up friendly TVs and tournament TVs. People who don't feel like watching pools matches and aren't entered (or eliminated) need somewhere specific to play so they don't jack tournament TVs.

3) Enforce. DQ people. As I shouted loudly during my doubles matches, "**** everybody." I have no problem with the finals of the tournament being between Marthguy2039 and weedbongfalco even if other people drive 20 hours to come. If they aren't there on time and they don't show up for matches, they get their ***** DQ'ed.

4) People will cross-enter events. Don't run those events simultaneously. People will play one match in a different half of the room (or room entirely, at larger events). And then they will not hear their match called. They will play a friendly in the game they're currently involved in. They will want to stay warm. They will then WARM UP for the new game, only to wonder 'where'd my opponent go' because HE wandered off. It doesn't work. Split up your event pools, period.

Dear players: Play your damn matches and report them. I feel like an *** because I decline friendlies on the basis that, "I need to go play my tournament match," only to find my opponent is... somewhere not nearby. I'm not perfect (I'm one of those *******s who doesn't look up when the TO is talking) but I always find myself waiting on other people in bracket somehow.

Dear players, part two: SHOW UP ON TIME. We were joking in the car ride about how "doors open at 8" means "tournament starts at 2." And sadly it's true. People are convinced that others will wait for them, and they usually do. So TO's need to enforce, and players need to respect that enforcement.

Okay shoutouts:

M2K: Stop poking me in the goddamn face while I play friendlies (I don't care how funny it is afterwards!) and GJ winning almost everything. Sad I couldn't make it to GF against you.

S2J: Speaking of *******s who kept me out of grand finals, good job! You already know my thoughts about our sets. You're super good and now I have to re-learn what it means to fight Falcon. I hope you liked my super saiyan doubles mode, since I'm really not normally good at 2v2.

Myself:

Axe: Why shout you out, we spent hours talking about this stuff already.

GG7: You assume you will never beat certain people and that's part of why you don't. Not that I ever intend to let you take a set from me ever again, but if you take this game seriously then that should be your mentality as well. I dislike playing people who assume they've lost before they play me :( And I hope you liked me and Taj's Doc/Samus.

Okami: SUDDEN DEATH

Light: We like didn't play at all, except for doubles stuff. GJ in Horse.

Tai: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you one day get over the trauma inflicted by the Twins' pokings.

Westballz: You have a lot of shining qualities in your game, but they need to coalesce. And take it from me, you get flustered too easily. If I'm saying that? YOU KNOW IT MUST BE TRUE. Also yeah, welcome to the land of serious out-of-state trash talk. Let me tell you about me and DoH's experience at Tipped Off 6 some time.

Silly Kyle: Bomb, Stitch, Beamsword. Jeeeeeeez. Make sure to thank your family again for the housing and hospitality.

Baka: You keep getting better.

Rubyiris: You'll get there bro. If anybody knows how long and hard the road can be, it's me.

Stab: Ugh you probably play the meanest Falco vs ICs of anybody I know. Everybody else has holes in how they fight the character but you are just damn infuriating. (That's a compliment). If the rest of your game catches up to that matchup knowledge I will have to switch to some wacky character to beat you in the future.

Jetfour: I do not fully understand the way you play/perceive this game. It's stupidly good but incredibly weird. Thumbs up though.

People not in the bracket placings, therefore making it harder to remember how to shout you out:

EXCEPT FOR TAJ: YEAH DOUBLES. Sorry I punched the **** out of you in our first set. I tried to bring it back, I think we did okay.

OKAY AND THE TWINS TOO: Man why even bother, we hung out for the day after and played a bunch more Melee. It's always a blast. But I won't go camping with you ;)

Wes/Ch3s: Thank you for kind words. Why'd you take my shotgun :(

Emily: The whale is what keeps you coming back to AZ. Admit it.

Cori: I will train you in ICs if you really want.

Erich: doubles were pretty fun. Thanks for making the drive.

Shiv: Come to Phoenix more!

Kira: Thanks for the motivational speech thing you gave me.

Nicknyte/M2K again: I believe firmly that people should try to help each other out and do the best they can to accommodate others. But you absolutely must, 100%, sort out housing and transportation in advance. You cannot assume that you will just find people to help you out, because the people you are asking for help from have lives and obligations and restrictions on them. Dropping the guilt bomb on them afterwards is even worse.

The PHX car (not mine) was under the impression M2K would be taken care of. And in addition to that, they had to also transport Taj back home because HE believed he'd be staying for 1 day, and that doubles would end on day 1. IT HAS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF IN ADVANCE. People will be glad to help if they know beforehand that is what they are doing, and can plan around it. I've heard bits and pieces of the whole scenario from different people, and the real main problem isn't with one group saying "let's try and shuffle this guy onto somebody else," but everybody assuming **** would just happen. It won't. Sometimes you get lucky and stuff does work out. Not always.

That's about it. GGs everybody.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
man just beat up level 1s for hours all day until its automatic. I don't think about my controller when I play, I just play. controller IS very important to me (and I still think the one I have right now is not so great) but so is having set MUSCLE MEMORY.

Do you think about walking? No, you just walk.

That's how it has to be for smash. You just do it. That's it. If you can't you either 1) need to practice more (AGAINST LEVEL 1s... 9s will get you into bad habits...) or 2) need a better controller or 3) both

edit - directed towards Ruby.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Beating up level 1s doesn't really transfer over to real gameplay for me. Especially in Arizona where everyone sdi's and ccs everything, and especially when it comes to compensating for shied stun, or practicing shine oos, or wavedash oos, or spacing vs attacks, or spacing vs a moving character, etc.

Most of my problems as a player would be cured if Tucson would stop being lame and actually play me on a semi-regular basis, amd more importantly, play seriouslies, and help me practice very specific things for hours at a time.

Looking at you, copoutkami, and flaky Kyle. I got more meaningful practice from s2j in 30 minutes, than I get from a month in my own state.

:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
idk works for me lol

edit - except shield stun, that's the only thing that can't be practiced alone (and that's prolly why im not as good vs falco as fox since shield stun is a bigger factor; playing human falcos would have helped me get better habits in other words, whereas fox you can just outrange him).

edit 2 - gtg class tomorrow night

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'd have loved to play more friendlies, but until I was able to get home and replace my l trigger, I couldn't wavedash.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
1: M2K ($330): You're quite an unusual fellow. But I admire your dedication and drive to win.
2: s2j ($165): For being such a troll, you're so humble. I remember seeing your early vids with your late uairs and knowing how fast you would grow in talent.
3: Wobbles ($66): Damn bro. Dat rage. I called it out before too. I laughed inside when I observed you taking those deep breaths to calm down during our matches. I think you would do better if you focused more on the match itself and less on yourself.
4: AXE ($33): I love trolling you and I love you homie :awesome:. It blows my mind how you can use Pika against top players, especially the gayest Sheik of all time.
5: GG7 ($20): Little biitch. I'm glad you came and had fun. Sorry for ****ing around with Zelda in teams. "She's not pregnant!"
5: OkamiBW ($20): You are like a very mature child. Filled with naivete and innocence. Good **** beating Chris, Kyle, and Tai. And glad my teachings of unorthodox Sheik remains.
7: Light_ ($13): I think you've gotten a lot more sociable just from hanging out with the Twins. I love watching your old school, fundamentally solid play do well versus these new age tech players.
7: Tai ($13): All that Plenip practice must have trained you well ;)
9: Westballz: I don't think I talked to you at all, but you fsmashed me so damn much in doubles.
9: Silly Kyle: You killed yourself so hard that first match, so I Peach dittoed so you could get comfortable. I'm glad you were able to beat me again the next match with a good fight.
9: baka4moe: We didn't play at all this time :( and I already forgot your first name. Damn it.
9: SUNG666: I thought that towel was for drying your hand before a handshake but apparently not lol. You're a cool dude, so enigmatic-looking when you're quiet though.
13: Rubyiris: I know you're bummed as hell but just relax and have more fun playing. Focus, not frustration. I'm lazy so Cori gets the exact same shout out.
13: Stabbedbyanipple: You took my money! Our matches were fun though. You're good at camping and spacing bairs so I couldn't get away with my usual random character bull****. Thanks for keeping them in check.
13: J666: I love how aggressive your Link is. Those uairs scared me. FYI you sidestep and roll towards the center of the stage wayyyyy too much for your own good, keep that in mind.
13: Jetfour: I entered as Jackie Tran and wrote that on my nametag, fluck all of you that didn't enter my name correctly for the tournament.

Prof. Oksas: Don't give up on Ganon! Though Ganon is really boring to play against campy players... have more fun with him before you move to spacies.
Shiv: Fun chatting with you about potato starch/moisture content and the appropriate uses for different kinds of cooking oils. You are so damn peaceful and much less misanthropic than me.
SFA: We've talked plenty about random things but we've never introduced ourselves. You remind me of Raphael Saadiq.
Neil: What a chipper *** Indian guy. It's fun playing greedy Falcon dittoes. I think you'll have a lot more fun and even win more if you focus on the game more creatively than scientifically. I just think you're that kind of guy.
Wes Chess: You're one of the more sociable smashers for how little we see each other. You also get Oksas's shoutout except for Luigi.
Morino: You're so quiet in person but you laugh a lot. I wish I knew you were such a good 64 player, I would have loved to have you destroy me at that.
commonyoshi: You remind me of a young Tai. Dorkishly Asian with a good sense of humor. It was fun with all the friendlies and chat, you're a good listener. You should learn to DI though :smirk:
Twin Kyle: I didn't expect gay Sheik techchasing from you for some reason. This sounds silly but more ftilts would help your Sheik a lot. Get comfortable with using it in more applications. I only went Sheik back because I was intimidated :glare:

Twin David:

Forward: I'm happy you got to **** pools, I'm sad you didn't stay to **** bracket. I'm glad you prioritized family while you were in town. Your mom would have been pretty sad. I'm reading this and it probably sounds weird as **** to other people who don't realize I know your family :cool:
THE IRON DRAGON: You should date Tori Black.
Jane: You have gained access to a restricted area. Tread wisely, grasshopper.
Mikehaze: I also expected you to be douchey for some reason. But you're a cool, polite due. Not gonna lie though, every time I saw you I was wondering, "So his mom is super hot huh?"
Dekar: You're cool just 'cause I love Lufia II.
Tommayyyy: I don't know how you still live without good internet.
B-Rex: I thought it was amusing that you greeted me like I haven't been to your house twice. I wish I could have gotten some games in with you before you left.
Derp: We don't talk enough for how often we see each other. But tie-wearing high five!
Tony: If I knew you was drankin' I woulda brought my own handle too.
Timmayyyyy: You seemed distant during the car ride. Awkward forced laughs and stuff. Go post your wall of text in the other thread already.
Smurfy: I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I know I've said it before, but Xander, if you try to be cuddly, fluffy, and friendly all the time, more people will cheer for you. Sure I'm bitter after losing a set to someone, but I don't throw my controller or say, "Well, if I hadn't SD'd on stock 3 of game 1, then I would've 2-0'd you." or whatever. I'm not saying that you do these things or whatever, regardless of whether you do or not. I'm just saying, force yourself to be overly warm and friendly and people will cheer for you.

And on playing semi-regularly: I have 21 hours of class a week and 16 hours of work (not including all the OT I take). I am lucky when I get 6 hours of sleep (not because of video games or whatever, but because of constantly having homework/studying). If I want to use my Friday and Saturday to hang out with my non-smash friends and have a life, I'm going to do it, since I don't get the chance to very much the other 5 days. Sorry if I can't meet your smash practice needs. Maybe play with Stephen and John more or something.

Oh, and one more thing, while I'm ranting. Stop giving me advice every 3 seconds during friendlies. You always say "You should've done X." I really don't care. I don't care if X was a better option and I did Y. If I want you to give me advice, I'll ask for it.

One more thing again. I'll fill as much of my rant stuff in one post. Don't make a thread about how bad you are or whatever. It's like a pity thread. And furthermore, don't tell people who give you advice in said threads that their advice is bad. You're the one asking for it. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'd post the Will Smith, "I ain't even mad" picture, but I'm a little too tired to find it right now.

P.S. "THE IRON DRAGON: You should date Tori Black." Lol x10.

P.P.S. Xander, ignore this post if you want to be bliss about it. I really don't mind. I just sort of felt like saying what was on my mind at 1:30 in the morning. *shrugs*

P.P.P.S. Compliments are top tier. Give them out to people. They like it more than criticism. And be genuine about it.

P.P.P.P.S. I'm a jerk, I know. So, I won't say anything else mean for awhile.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Lol at the below. Ted commented on that before when I was One-more-thing'ing.

tekkie

Smash Master
@OkamiBW: This is the pic you want:

@Herro: forgot a shoutout. fun commentating/managing the stream with you, thanks for setting all of that up. oh and keep repping lucario :D

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I should bring up all the mean things you were saying about people at Denny's just so that you can stop being stupid about literally everything in the world. You're ****ing ********. I'm not going to go into detail as I think even you have a brain enough to figure out how stupid and ridiculous this post is.

@Wobbles: Your post is definitely the best thing about the pros and cons about this tournament. I agree with 99% of what you said and I'm glad that someone around here has half a brain to write legitimate constructive criticism instead of just NOTHING HAPPENED FOR 8 HOURS.

@Jackie: Haha. She actually has a pretty cute face but I can never unsee some things. Oh and you're an *** for saying that >_>.

tekkie

Smash Master
1: M2K ($188) :metaknight:
2: MikeHaze ($94) :marth:
3: Dekar ($38) :diddy:
4: Silly Kyle ($19) :peach:
5: Dark Shifter ($11) :metaknight:
5: Yummy ($11) :snake:
7: KiraFlax ($8) :pit::rob::metaknight:
7: K9 ($8) :falco:
9: TommyDerMeister :snake::popo:
9: Goyf :popo::wario:
9: GV7 :rob::lucas:
9: tekkie :lucario::wolf:
13: Wafty :warioc:
13: DerpDaBerp :olimar:
13: Aaven :ike:
13: RaveRemix :toonlink:

confident on all of these except aaven. some might have secondaries/mains switched or secondaries missing.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
@tekkie holly cow didnt realize you were a lucario main i always saw you play wolf dam wish we could have done some friendlies get some pointers.

Jane

Smash Hero
jackie's shoutouts, rob's one more thing post, and the subsequent tori black conversation had me laughing so ****ing hard. hahahahah

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
**** the haters. NYTE was fun :awesome:
Also, I post ridiculously long shoutouts. Sorry. I'm that kind of guy who wrote ****ing novels in the back of friend's yearbooks every year in high school, hence the collapse tags. Apologies for the inevitable people I forgot. It's not like I purposefully didn't include you
*glares at M2K*

[COLLAPSE="ARIZONA"]OkamiBW Oh boy . . . Rob, I'll try my best not to meatride during this shoutout. You are tremendously talented at Melee. Not only did you outright shock me with your improvement, since your Falco from GEN2 wasn't memorable or impressive at all ^_^ but you ****ing beat Chris. Now normally I'd cheer for GG7's Falcon and say **** Sheik, but clearly your performance warrants your victory and your placement. Thank you so much for housing us, navigating me everywhere, putting up with our loudness at night and profusely apologizing to your roommate, and smiling even when we were clearly interrupting your classes and **** :p By the way, I saw the rest of your TAS videos. Absolutely godlike. Keep being a hero to the people.

Jetfour Jackie <3 I know everybody else already mentioned this to you in shoutouts, but you were unquestionably the most handsome and stylish fellow there :O You set an example for filthy degenerates like Jason . . . seriously, the day he learns to groom his hair and dress himself like you is the day that I'm better than you at this game. Not to mention that unlike such elitist pricks, you're generously willing to help out other smashers. Which leads me to my next point. See my shoutout near the bottom of this gigantic post.

Corigames Well well well, if it isn't the most charming girl at the venue ^_^ Even though we've only spent a few days together (so I can't make a profound observation about your personality), it's quite obvious to me that you're very tenacious and self-sufficient. You've no doubt overcome any personal problems and persisted beyond any social stigmatism, and you never take the easy way out - ignoring the countless people who inevitably tell you to pick a top tier character. Not to mention your rap was downright sexy. Made me laugh so hard. Oh, and you have a brilliant eye for quality snacks. God damn. You're so cool. I can't wait to see you again <3

AXE_09 My shoutout is hella redundant, because, let's face it, everybody loves you and can't help being around you and wishes they were as good as you and wants to spend time with you and cherish sweet memories with you and tell you stuff ^_^ So, I'll just join the legion of fanboys and fangirls across the world who told you stuff. Like . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looking forward to skinning your marth's hide with my electrifying knees again :awesome:

Rubyiris YOU TICKLE MONSTER YOU ~~~
Seriously though, you don't look like a monster anymore! You'll have to lose more weight if you want to be a real boy though. Admit it. You're short. A little pudgy. Sharp-tongued in real life. Spamming and flaming in melee discussion. Oh, and wearing stuff that clearly doesn't fit
seriously that earring doesn't work well for you. like. ask silly kyle or something :p
You're a troll, Xander. But I can't help thinking about how loveable you are anyway >_<

Professor Oak You are deliciously good-looking. Thank God you found the power supply for your Wii, or else I would be forced to witness tears gather on that pretty face of yours :O I'm sorry about my incoherent texts while Stephen and I were at Denny's; I was preoccupied and scatterbrained
still not as bad as Maize though
You are the ONLY person who actually might follow up on your promise to hang out with me in the future. Let me know when your lame family forces you to visit so we can partake in some hardcore buttse melee ;)

ShellShocked I was a supreme asshole to you ^_^ Thanks for being so cool about it, and being so cool in general. Like, nobody else at the venue appeared as cool, calm, and collected like you continued to be AT ALL TIMES. Your Link is stellar. All you need is more camping. It's crystal clear to me that you're a patient person in real life, so why not play to your strengths? Make your opponent become impatient. They'll make silly mistakes. You'll sit back throwing arrows and landing dairs and trying your best to choke back laughs. And your bombs will make them explode. It'll be glorious =D

TAJ We didn't hang out. Actually, I didn't even say hi to you. I deserve a punch in the face for that lack of kindness. After all, you're a professional boxer and a renowned Pokemon master. Whereas I'm a conniving racist and an Indian scallywag.

Silly Kyle Kyle, I absolutely adore you. You're magnetic and alluring. Unlike the majority of men in the world. You know. Repulsive. Tries to appear masculine. But you . . . you're so unabashed. What I thought were vaguely innocent exchanges with Casey about Play-Doh . . . ended up being about braiding anus hairs into a fishnet so that poops will come out in spaghetti shapes and getting it in each other's hair. Maybe one day I could be dreamy and magical like you two are together ^_^

Ch3s YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THE NAME I GAVE YOU WAS CLEVER, Chesley :) I don't know why, but you were one of my favorite smashers to play against out of everyone in the entire venue. Probably because of your witty mid-match commentary. Your banter together with my Falcon's zany antics makes for an irresistible combination. Anyways, don't doubt yourself, and never blame tech skill for any losses. I'm certain AZ is preparing to pass the torch . . . and you'll be a favorite contender for the top of the next generation of players :D

ShivKnight Yeah, my memory's impeccable enough to recall your true username. Or I'm disciplined enough to search for your profile online. Kind of like your perfect comprehension of the Denny's menu and your self-restraint in admonishing me for unable to place an order. Either way, the Indian blood runs through us . . . . . Okay, so maybe I actually just overheard OkamiBW call you that. And I'm not vegetarian anymore. And I disgrace my parents. And I'm neglecting school. And this thing.
Yeah, you'll have to stop by ABQ and steer me straight ^_~

V3ctorman Tim <3 It takes an extremely mature person to sit back in the corner, watch the events unfold, provide commentary, upload hours of footage, cater to the livestream, and generally be passive in spite of everyone else being hype and pleasuring themselves. You bordered on the masochistic. Literally. You restricted yourself! You double-bagged condoms and applied lubricant everywhere. But I wanted your Falco. Deep inside me. Raw. Next time, I guess :awesome:

Tee Aye Eye It's stunning, really. I remember fondly when I could actually hold my own against you back in 2007-2009. But your Marth . . . it's so methodical and analytical (kind of like Jackie's weird playstyle, but less flawed) that I simply cannot find my way around you and get tossed aside. Your improvement accelerated so rapidly. Where you were just messily improvising combo video material (literally!) with me at GEN2, you were effortlessly 4-stocking me every time here at NYTE. Too good, Tai. Maybe one day I won't be so quickly dismissed in your eyes :p

Wobbles You are the reason I still lurk the main forums on smashboards. Your posts are actually well thought-out and written economically. Much like your gameplay. Good job trouncing me in pools and advancing the IC metagame far beyond what ChuDat could ever dream of. Speaking of IC metagame, you should ask other
cooler :O
Rob about our joint discovery - Nana's disappearing hurtbox and grabbox during the platform trick with Blizzard. He'll know what I'm talking about.

GamerGuitarist7 Ahh, Chris. Though I never truly met you, I was aware of what an awkward Falco you were back in the day. People giving you **** on the forums when you were asking for advice (I was quietly mocking your Pit avatar). Too bad those times are long gone, and you've been busy directing efforts towards controversy and politics. Like kneegalizing and aborting
EVERY single Peach player in bracket lol
It's kind of early to drop out of your campaign. Don't pull a Rick Santorum :O See my later shoutout.

Forward Glad you made time for us. I was surprised to see to see you again, honestly. I know you show up just to hang out, but that doesn't mean you can strengthen your presence. Post more on the boards. Spend extra time with the next generation of AZ players, especially those who wish to improve. Just . . . in general, let people know you're not lying unconscious in a ditch somewhere. That exact scenario would occur if you start challenging gangs of black people and Mexicans to rap battles ^_^

Falcoty I don't care how many times I've already said this to you, but I STILL regret not going to that NM tournament last summer, because that would have implied AT LEAST 8 more solid hours of play time with you. Not to mention I totally would have housed you, and that way you could have sneered at my stunted childhood Indian portraits and **** :p I had a blast with you. You're devilishly handsome and clever. But not your Sheik. It's fugly. And totally not special at all.
<3

Nicknyte Elvis, you are indubitably the most huggable person I've ever met.
Maybe it's just gravity. You're massive <3
Without you, none of these shoutouts would have happened, and if you've read any of the others, then perhaps you'd realize how thankful I am for your organization and hard work. Because you succeeded. People had fun. I laughed, and yes, I cried, too. I know that no matter how much stupid **** happens, you love the community. Which is why you should read the secondary shoutout below.

Dark Shifter See my shoutout to Silly Kyle, but replace Casey with the twins . . . you get my point. What must I do to win your affections? Dropkick you while we're all camping again this summer?
i could beat your MK in brawl for money. that'll help earn your respect ^_^

TommyDerMeister You remind me a lot of LoVo from Colorado, except you're a notch above him in chillness. It was great hanging out with you again, although you're too quiet T_T Maybe you're just being reserved on purpose so that every time you DO open your mouth, people delight in your words all the more. Still, what I'm trying to say is, I'm going to violate your derriere in brawl next time I see you :)

SmileyFace God, what a cool username. I wish I didn't have some obscure hipster tag on the boards that I didn't have to explain EVERY TIME I meet someone new OOS. Anyways, I'm sorry G&W sucks hard in melee. But it doesn't matter because you have the coolest headphones ever. Let me wipe the floor with you in Brawl next time I'm in AZ, savvy?

Wafty You don't know this, but you're a legend in NM now.

Yummy Stop by NM this summer and take all of our money. Except Casey's. It'll be fun :3

Herro94 You're going to the military? My best wishes go out to you ^_^

Jane WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE PROPERLY MET?!

K9 and KiraFlax[COLLAPSE="i tried to think of something funny to type but i couldn't so i just took the Jane approach and posted an image"]
[/COLLAPSE]

To "Retiring" Smashers Yes, I'm looking at you, Jackie, Chris, and Elvis. I don't know your situation. I don't know how stale smash bros. is becoming to you. I don't know how lame certain people are being to you and how discouraging it is to keep up rather superficial friendships. I don't know how increasingly important money, school, work, family, and other personal concerns are.
But I DO KNOW how much you've loved your time in the community. I'm not going to try to make you stay, but I am going to offer suggestions and help you rationalize a potentially premature decision. Perhaps you should try other things to keep yourself entertained. Try your hand at hacked melee. Secure a venue and host a wacky local, maybe featuring new games or rulesets. Teach the new generation of AZ players. Do some commentary. Upload videos. Write a blog post. Build custom controllers.
[COLLAPSE="there's no better time"]
So basically in the 6 months, we have had...

Work toward Melee ONLINE
An ambitious smash database project compiling all Melee history
Multiple breakthroughs in stage/character hacks & AR codes
the further internationalization of Melee: first contact with the Mexican smash community, the now famous "Perfect Dark" Chilean tech skill video, Japan's return to form, and the Caribbean's first exposure (ShonenKel, Sinji)
onski's Smash!: the Doc
EastPoint's The Smash Brothers documentary series
New Project M demo, final build close to release
the Lean Melee blog
PEEF's state of the game live show, as well as Stab's top player interviews/podcast
the return of the Melee: FC series
the 2nd largest Melee tournament ever, and the biggest stream
Guinness World Record broken in the midwest for longest play session
Twitch.tv smash partnership and homepage; further growth and popularization of smash streams
Stratochaster's hitbox & frame data project, now near completion
The creation of multiple facebook groups for each region; the Melee community's increased integration with social media
The return of the MBR as a governing body
Wombo Combo hit 2 million views
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="CALIFORNIA"]
S2J Johnny, good times were had. The friendlies kicked ass; I learned so much. And you distinctly handed me the coolest compliment I've ever gotten specifically about my game - you're probably the most underrated player here. Too bad I made you miss the supposedly epic peach ditto :O I know you'll dismiss this entirely as a typical shoutout from a scrub. Maybe one day you'll be as good as mango
AT APPRECIATING US

Stabbedbyanipple Matt, I don't think there's ever been a time in my life where I've grown closer to someone else because of mutual hate of some third human being. Digging through our brains for the dirtiest personal insults and trashiest of talk against M2K with you was legit ^_^ I was completely shocked that you remembered my name from Genesis. No wonder you're so prompt and organized with uploading videos; only a man with that kind of clutter-free brain could accomplish such feats. Overall, it was delightful getting my face smashed in by your Falco. Hope we can do it again sometime :D

Vincent I don't know who you are on the boards, and I must also apologize for failing to remember you on Saturday. Matt wouldn't have made that mistake if he saw me again, even if I was from ****ing Guatemala and didn't even play a match with him and only talked with him in the past for like a minute :O You shinespiking me a lot was memorable. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING YOU'RE STILL BAD >:D if you want to get better, the MOST important thing you need to do is be less reclusive and be more touchy-feely. How else are you going to get in much-needed practice with Silly Kyle?

MikeHAZE I'm putting your name in yellow because of that obnoxious yellow shirt you wore on Sunday. Yeah, I remember seeing the moist dark sweat shine through that thin fabric during your grand finals match with M2K ~_^

baka4moe Daniel, I didn't get to see your match vs. Light D: But I did get to hear the uproar from only 30 feet away, and I did get to smell the fear and heart-pounding anticipation in both of you. I don't mean to cheer against my home state, but I'm so happy that you won, because if you didn't, then there wouldn't have been any hype :p Excellent work creating arguably the most excitement the whole weekend ever saw =]

Westballz I was very pleased to meet you and finally hear about this up-and-coming star in WC. Despite my Falcon's heroine addiction (as Johnny put it), we had solid matches. I vividly remember directly telling you after our tournament set while we were both walking away that I would ask for friendlies later. Of course, that didn't happen. But not because I forgot or was shy or some stupid scrubby ****. I hate to tell you this, but because of the ruleset fiasco, you were obviously in a poor mood. Look, I completely sympathize. You should just realize that being salty (no matter how slight) throughout the remainder of the weekend has its share of extraneous effects too - new acquaintances are less interested in approaching you. Doesn't matter though. You're fun to play against :D

SUNG666 Damn it, Sung. Maybe you don't actually feel this way and you were just looking for something to post, but don't underrate yourself. You said you have tech skill, but don't discount your other talents. You're an aggressive machine; a force to be reckoned with. Every player in bracket matches needs to pay their due respect to you :O

J666 We didn't get to play D:

Maize Learn to type coherent text messages. And get good at smash brothers.
<3
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="THE MEXICOS"]W0ker I wasn't lying about what I stated earlier. You really are my only international friend. My family in India is ********, and besides that, I haven't traveled abroad. Like nearly every other international though, you're extremely kindhearted and overly grateful. Really, you shouldn't put other players on a pedestal and profusely thank them. Once you start stereotyping your competitors' abilities as equal, as nothing special or significant in your eyes, you'll perform better. It sounds arrogant, but there's a truth to it. Anyways, it was fantastic seeing you again, and I honestly loved our matches. You showed off some brilliant never-before-seen Samus techniques. Double walljump off FD for an impossible recovery with a full charge shot? Wow. Unbelievably creative. And she'll be even sexier once she moonwalks around :p

Tarmogoyf Walker, I just don't get it. There just has to be some black magic at work between New Mexico and Arizona. And perhaps some telepathic abilities between you and Zack. Because your words were more tearjerking than anyone else's. I tried my best to hide it, which is why you probably don't know . . . that you made me cry 3 times along the road trip. Mission accomplished, I guess ^_^

tekkie I need to start bringing you to every OOS tournament that I attend (not that I'll go anywhere you won't lol) because it's too easy trolling everyone else with our names. I mean, reading the brawl players' shoutouts to you, I've already noticed some name mistakes ^_^ Speaking of those shoutouts, it's very apparent to me that other people are taking notice of you and putting you on the radar. Glad to hear you're making a bigger and bigger name for yourself. Slowly but surely you'll be the best wolf in the whole west coast :O

Dekar173 Without you, it's unlikely this trip would ever have happened. You were soooo high :laugh: it's okay though, because we were BOTH soooo tired Monday morning. I would have fought off the pressing silence or at least flicked on the radio or done SOMETHING, but it is forgiven ^_~

Erich AZ is soooo good >_< kinda hard to shake off associated sentiments of discouragement and depressive quietism about it. Not to mention the people who most often attract setups of their respective games are also the most outwardly arrogant
Twins for melee and Casey for brawl
That's how I felt after our crushing defeats on saturday night. Not sure about you, but I think it was a hard loss to bear for us =S . . . which is why I was so happy to see you eagerly playing friendlies and maximizing your time with OOS smashers Sunday. You completely put it aside and looked as cheerful in their company as ever. Good ****, Erich :D

Light_ I need to stop underestimating you. Your placement was incredible despite your statements about how New Mexico has made you rusty. Also, it should feel good knowing that you participated in the MOST hype set over the whole weekend :D

Twins Originally I was going to write individual shoutouts for both of you, but I'm afraid I have to join the rest of the world and treat you 2 as 1 person
at your expense
The fact of the matter is: I don't have any shoutout material! We exchanged no more than maybe 4 lines of conversation the whole damn tournament. Yeah, there's an obvious john in our minds for it. OOS players get social priority lololol!!! But come on. 24 hours in the same room and not even so much as acknowledgement. We're so bad. It can be forgiven, though, because we'll talk a lot
maybe even team :O
during the regional ABQ is hosting this summer, which WILL happen ~_^
[/COLLAPSE]

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Guillermo Maximilian de la Vega: You looked blue collar Mexican as hell in dat shirt. And for some reason I forgot about your accent.

Goop: FREE MONEY. Your hacked Dreamland comments gave me a Fry face. Not sure if...

I don't know why I forgot my cool Tempe Mexicans shout outs :(

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I used a few other people in this tournament, but I'd rather just keep it Ike-only.

..... I'm sure this post is pretty much worthless. :troll:

tekkie

Smash Master
Can you add lucas to my name? I used him as well <3 more than gnw
done :3

kira also used MK
i only put top 2 for each but i'll toss him on there if you insist lol

@tekkie holly cow didnt realize you were a lucario main i always saw you play wolf dam wish we could have done some friendlies get some pointers.
i main wolf but had to use lucario to win in bracket. he's my secondary (also picking up falco these days). i'm still kinda getting used to basic stuff but i can totally give you any advice you need next time :)

oh and @ aaven:

;D

Top Bottom