• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE Results Thread

D

Deleted member

regardless of the actual tournament itself, i had fun playing friendlies and matches with all of u dudes

nicknyte if u want to see my post go ask a mod to grab it out of the edit

TaI's win is legit don't take anything away from him

im very sad forward didnt come back probably my fav set was vs him in pools and a rematch vs az's best fox woulda been sick

i did not know nicknyte had co TO's. I am as disappointed in u guys as in nicknyte for giving about 10% of a rats *** about the tourney

fun playing u guys tho. playing melee with new peeps is always fun

dekar is the homey and should play more chogath

WokeR

Smash Apprentice
I had so much fun <3

Nicknyte - thanks for the tourney man, you forgot some things hahaha, but I understand so no problem :)

AXE - I'm glad you liked your present man, I love you <3 I wish I played you more though (It'll never be enough lol)

Erich - I'm gonna miss you so much :( hahaha, and you better be studying for those exams xD

Twin1 - Those pool matches were amazing <3 ... and I can't thank you enough for letting us staying in your room.

Twin_A - I'm really bad at the Sheik match-up ... but I loved playing you, and chill out with you guys... we had so much fun <3 <3 I'll miss you so much

Neil - you look sooo different since the El Paso Tournament lol ... I didn't recognize you when I saw you lol... your falcon is amazing <3 .. thank you for the matches

Light - You saved me from that evil sleeping bag hahahahaha, too bad we didn't play :(

Frajo - it was great that you made it to the tourney!!! ... and now that you live in Tucson and meet some people to play with, I'm sure you will get so much better :3

Tai - I really wanted to play some PIU with you hahahaha, good job in your pool matches :3

Rubyiris - ohh man, thank you for your advices.. and you totally have to add me on FFR xD

Taj - Thanks for the advices... I will be as good as your samus some day <3 I hope to play you again someday

Vman - I LOVED the Yoshi dittos man, those were some amazing games.

Wobbles - dat whale lol hehe... I wish I played you more :(

GG7 - good games :3 ... you are so goooooood

M2K - I loved to finally play you, even though you destroyed me xD

baka4moe - your peach is so good, congrats :3

SUNG666 - we only played a few friendlies, but I loved your falco <3

Doll - we barely said hi and bye lol hahaha.. but it was nice meeting you :)

Lorenzo - You were the first person we talked to in the tournament, and you helped us even though you didn't know us... I can't thank you enough for that, you're simply AMAZING <3 I hope to see you again someday man :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Did kiraflax go any pit this tournament? Seems like a pretty bad placing for him imo. Still made money tho so good stuff.
yes, he went pit, rob, and mk. he went pit and mk on me. he lost to me with pit, then went mk and won then went mk again and lost. he placed 7th.

K NIGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAA lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
regardless of the actual tournament itself, i had fun playing friendlies and matches with all of u dudes

nicknyte if u want to see my post go ask a mod to grab it out of the edit

im very sad forward didnt come back probably my fav set was vs him in pools and a rematch vs az's best fox woulda been sick

i did not know nicknyte had co TO's. I am as disappointed in u guys as in nicknyte for giving about 10% of a rats *** about the tourney

I should have helped out a lot more than I did. I set everything up before everyone got there, and had planned to do more, but when you/baka stepped up, I didn't really know how to say "hey man, you're doing my job" so I just let you guys do your thang.

If you guys have any problem with that, please let me know.

:phone:

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord

M2K- Never forget the shitty Falcon you played in Brawl Pools + Bracket. It was me.

MikeHaze- Dude you're so awesome, thanks for everything man. It was cool going to subway, housing with you, and of course smoking. Hope to see you again in Cali next time.

Dekar- Spunk chunks are certainly disgusting. But Peach is gay and that's all that matters. I'll miss you, man.

Silly Kyle- No wings, sadface. You had some cool matches though, good stuff.

Dark Shifter- GG's in bracket man, your're too good for me, but one day...my IC's.....

Yummy- You're a lot better at Melee than I expected, but you didn't get to play my Ganon enough.

KiraFlax- 7th, good stuff, bro. Let's play friendlies next tourney.

K9- The hype you and Kevin brought to Melee was sick and super hilarious. Melee + Brawl tourneys are sick when you are there. GG's in pools too, man.

Goyf- Finally after 4 tourneys or so, we played. We played for a good while too, I enjoyed all the characters we used against each other, and I'm jealous of your IC's.

GV7- GG"s in bracket, man. I enjoy a good upset. <3

tekkie- We finally got to play each other after being at a few tourneys together as well. "IC's b-throw cg on Lucario? WTF?!"

Wafty- Good stuff at the tourney, man. I'mglad you could enter singles at a tourney. I think you have a good chance of making the PR next season if you can keep entering singles this season.

DerpDaBerp- This game is super depressing, at least we have Title Fight or
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale(<---the rumored real name,)
to look forward to.

Aaven- Nice to see you back man, good stuff at the pre-tourney beating me.

RaveRemix- We don't seem to to play each other unless it's tourney. Let's play some friendlies.

Gene- I'm not sure if you use this site, but good stuff beating me in pools, G&W throws me off, always.

Elvis- It's unfortunate that you were left to take care of Jason, you still put on a tourney that I think most people really enjoyed themselves at, I know I did. I had fun playing you in Brawl, and I just love you man. You're a great man, Elvis.

Wobbles- We didn't talk much, but it's always great seeing you around.

AXE - I hope you had fun this weekend, I know it was a big one for you. Happy b-day, may you have many Falco dittos in the future.

GG7- god damnit, don't retire. if you do, at least come smoke at Max's often.

OkamiBW - It's funny to see you play Brawl, I'm always interested in how mostly-melee players play Brawl in tourney, or even friendlies.

Light- Nice seeing you again Brad, come back to AZ, man.

Tai- Good stuff in Melee man, I watched a few of your matches. Marth is sick.

Westballz- Hey man, you don't know me, but I was the guy with Silly Kyle who smoked with you before you left Sunday night. It was cool meeting and smoking with you, despite how brief the meeting was. Hope to see you around again, man. We can sesh after tourney again.

baka4moe- I watched your set vs. Light, real tight battle man, good stuff.

Rubyiris- Hope my tri-wing and controller helped with whatever you needed them for. Otherwise, always nice seeing you, man.

Jetfour- I'm sad you're returing, you're one of my favorite smashers to watch. You're hair is awesome, btw.

Neil- Neil, I love you man. We finally played Melee together, I'm glad you ***** me every game.

Twins- I love seing both of you guys, and am always sad when you go. Hopefully we meet again at the next regional.

Spencer- we could maybe get some games in the next I go to Kyle's, I played online the last time I was there, so I'm down. Nice seeing you again, man.

Vectorman- It's always good seeing you Tim, I'll certainly start playing Melee more, this tourney made Melee real fun for me again.

Forward- It's always cool to see you, Sean. Even Forward is cool to watch play, he also has the best advice.

Taj- I don't how you feel, but I think weed dragon is a pretty cool guy. lol, nice seeing again.

Goop- Nice seeing you again Goop. There have been more Goop cameos lately, what's going on?

D

Deleted member

true once the ball got rolling there was nothing much else for TOs to do

but the timing of when things started, the 9 hour gap between doubles pools finishing and singles pools starting day 1 is horrifying

not startings singles brackets at all while doubles was getting close to ending

since u set everything up though can't really blame u but seeing nicknyte play friendlies while NOTHING is going on is disheartening

nicknyte eventually got the clue then called out bracket matches on the mic while they were alread happening/ long finished.

this tournament could have been 1 day easily with 35 people. yeah i get that most of u guys live close enough that it doesnt matter but its a 9 hour drive for us, aka 1/3 of the entrants since 10 people from socal showed up.

God ****ing damn

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
true once the ball got rolling there was nothing much else for TOs to do

but the timing of when things started, the 9 hour gap between doubles pools finishing and singles pools starting day 1 is horrifying

not startings singles brackets at all while doubles was getting close to ending

since u set everything up though can't really blame u but seeing nicknyte play friendlies while NOTHING is going on is disheartening

nicknyte eventually got the clue then called out bracket matches on the mic while they were alread happening/ long finished.

this tournament could have been 1 day easily with 35 people. yeah i get that most of u guys live close enough that it doesnt matter but its a 9 hour drive for us, aka 1/3 of the entrants since 10 people from socal showed up.

God ****ing damn
I feel like one of the biggest problems with the tourney is just the lack of entrants. If there were like 80 entrants, I hate to say it, but those in charge would be more motivated to run things because things have to run correctly with larger numbers of people. Also leaves those who traveled long distances less bitter afterwards.

tekkie

Smash Master
ohgod here we go

i see there was a lot of dissonance on the melee side. the brawl side went super smoothly because it ran itself. seriously, like, my tournament games were done insanely quickly. like, bracket posted, three sets, took no time at all because everyone was seeking out their next match and playing it out quickly. did the melee side not handle itself like that? you guys had plenty more setups than we did and we got everything killed off quickly, plus i played more friendlies at this tournament than most other tournies.

nicknyte, from a brawl standpoint, the tournament was excellent and i don't think anyone is going to contend that. i had a ton of fun, played a ton of people, and everything ran smoothly. there was some confusion when the pool sheet disappeared but that was only because someone taped it to the wall when i wasnt looking O_o

i haven't been to AZ since the 2010 devastation and it's crazy to see how much has changed. roark, hadesblade, and bloodhawk used to be huge names but there were so much new talent in their place. i'm super jelly, i wish NM's scene was as dynamic as yours.

all of the brawl players were ****ing cool so i'll just get to work

1: M2K - "**** the falco" was the best. fun playing with you XD
2: MikeHaze - UTILT?!?!!?! fun games, stop flaking and start playing more friendlies with me scrub :woman: hopefully NM can make it to socal sometime :D
3: Dekar - "i'm a god, i'm a god~"
4: Silly Kyle - omg~ good games, didnt get a chance to whoop your *** with my secondary, and yes you are a ****er <3
5: Dark Shifter - awesome placement :D keep up the awesome work, your MK is excellent!
5: Yummy - your snake was fun as **** to play against in friendlies. keep up the awesome work!
7: KiraFlax - omg, your pit. and your ROB. i've heard so much stuff about your skill since Devastation 2010 and how you've been getting amazing and stuff and i can see where all the hype comes from. keep it up! oh and N1G.GA
7: K9 - where the **** did you come from?!?!!? just showed up out of the blue and started destroying AZ? your falco execution is sick as hell. oh and N1G.GA
9: TommyDerMeister - fun times in friendlies. dekar's right, you're the manliest of men :woman:
9: Goyf - scrubfag
9: GV7 - sick ROB/gnw :D seemed like you were annoyed that i wanted to play at first but you serioused up after the first game lol. good **** :D
9: tekkie - scrubfag
13: Wafty - ****ing heroic, beastliest of men, slayer of women's hearts, destroyer of worlds. start rocking AZ's world more :D
13: DerpDaBerp - doubles friendlies lol. DAT WRITER STATUS <3 didnt actually play against each other, but next time fo sho
13: Aaven - didn't play against you :X HAI~
13: RaveRemix - you get the long one lol. after my wolf got wrecked at that pre-tourney and in pools i knew what you were up to but wasnt sure how to handle it. i used lucario because i didnt think wolf was gonna cut it. game 2 you adapted really well and i was ****ting my pants the entire match. game 2, stock 3, super high percent, i've never felt so much stress in a smash match in my life. that ending, i could have cried, i was super terrified of going to game 3. it absolutely sucked that it ended that way but it was a huge victory for me. your TL is awesome and you're going to be going up the PR, i'm sure of it.

Jane - didnt wanna get D3 *****, had to go diddy :X your olimar's definitely gotten better, keep it up :D
SmileyFace/SFA - you have an awesome GnW and it was awesome to meet you. keep it up :D
Relic - start bodying AZ with fox, that would rule ;D
FIRA - your pit is good, you had awesome arrow technique :D keep it up and pit-bro it up with Kira lol

Morino - lol i just wanted to play a few games of 64, didnt know you were the guy who was about to **** m2k in GFs :O good ****!
Wobbles - you're still the greatest <3 good **** rocking melee
Axe - Happy birthday! keep up the awesomeness :3
GG7 - lol you're ****ing cool, nice placement and keep being awesome
NM melee - you're all bad <3
Shiv - you're badass lol. sage of Denny's :D
ShellShocked - didn't see you play but Denny's was awesome, it was fun hanging out :D
Coreygames - i'm a ginger :(
OkamiBW - saved the best for last ;D wofl-bro to the max, awesome housing with you, thank you soooo much for all of that <3 it was fun as hell just hanging out too. keep in touch :D

NickNyte - from my perspective the tournament was awesome. don't let worthless whiners get to you. there was room for improvement but there always is. *****es are gonna *****. oh and the hotel internet sucked, whatever, **** happens. not your fault. you're still ****ing cool. and your brawl games with dekar were the funniest ****ing thing i've ever seen in smash. see you around, stay cool :cool:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It was cool meeting some top players, despite getting entirely worked lol
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AXE
M2K: You're cool, man. It's a shame about essentially having to retire your MK over on the east coast
GG7: smoke weed
OkamiBW: always a pleasure
Tai: ^
Silly Kyle: you're gay <3
Rubyiris: Good to see you
Jetfour: slick, as always
Westballz and s2j: Don't be such bitches. chill the **** out
MikeHaze: PT is always fun, even when your Marth is ****ing its **** up ;)
Dark Shifter: good stuff eliminating kira, man. It's always good to see you
Yummy: "jailbait", hahaha
KiraFlax: 7th Kira?? smh. Read One Piece <3
K9: n!gga
TommyDerMeister: **** brawl
Goyf: I was heated when I ****ed up in our matches lol, but to be honest that was some of the most fun playing this game I've ever had.
GV7: Dat Lucas lol
tekkie: Nice to meet you! writers all day erry day. Yeah man, we should have played :(
Wafty: You're ****in impressive man, keep entering singles and you could get in the money really soon
Aaven: Sono molto felice che tu abiti nell'Arizona di nuovo! (does that make any sense?lol)
RaveRemix: Hey, we made it out of pools, right? celebration!
Jane: a tourney is always better when you're there :) <3 oli haters
Hector: I'll rematch you in that lucario MM whenever, bud ;)
Z: You so deserved to make it out of pools. Don't give up please
Air Force friends: Yes! Practice more! I would love to see you guys get better at this game
Elvis: I had a great time

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Thanks for the insight s2j. You know, I should have been more on top of things on the melee side, and I do apologize. It could have been a shorter tournament, but I had a couple things interfering with the tournaments that I tried my best to control. Things are coming up as a blur for the first day due to 4 hours of sleep and attending a bit to my wife who was mildly sick. I give my melee brethren my full sincere apologies and hope you come back for another tournament one day. I know our last tournament was SAST2, and I also helped run that one (kinda, I mostly secured the venue). I welcome you guys to come back whenever we run another one. I could have ran all the tournaments in one day with a severe push, but people payed rather high for this tournament, and I didn't really want them to feel cheated. Likewise, I said it was going to be a two day tournament. If that doesn't fit into your personal schedule, then don't come.

I am rather upset at my community on the treatment of M2K during the course of the tournament. I ended up being his caretaker for 2 days while he was denied housing at the place he was staying at on the first day (which was resolved), and then left at the venue without his arriving party notifying him that they were gone. I mean, sure, he got money, he could secure his own way back, but that's not the point. The point is, we left a smasher to hang and dry. I don't care if it was Wafty, s2j, or sephirothKen, we don't do this to people. Thanks to me and Tim, we were able to house him, and I got him on a shuttle to Sky Harbor. It sickens me that stigma and rumors of M2K tend to permeate his presence, and from what I saw was a guy who the community kicked to the curve. His skills were welcome, but his existence was not. As the TO, I will garner the attention of this poor showmanship and take the blame. I am fine with this, but God, did we really do this? Did we really not help a fellow smasher? Sorry if Arizona smash doesn't house people regardless of the circumstances, but I certainly make sure that I will let no smasher get left behind.

As far as running another tournament goes, it's not happening. Additionally, I am retiring from competitive smash as well. I am going to raise my family, and care for my wife. They are the most important things to me now. I appreciate everyones responses trying to make me feel better, and I am very sorry at times you did not see me, I really was worried about my wife's well being. I am wrong to be gone, and I apologize.

I am really not butthurt over the way the tournament ran, I really ain't. Just the circumstances around it just really made me lose a good amount of faith in my community.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

i love/endorse everything i decided to leave in this quote.

i'm pretty sure dekar is the coolest brawl player i've ever met

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
lollllllllllllll

This is why the FGC is way better. Hospitality and assertiveness everywhere.

Melee peeps, want the reason of why things didn't get done as quick as they could have? Friendlies. In the history of every Melee tournament that has ever gone wrong you can probably point the reason to the fact that there are more people playing friendlies than there are people playing tournament matches. Fact is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't want to play friendlies so that you can play well in bracket AND have the tournament run smoothly up to the standards you want.

You can have no friendlies and the tournament run smoothly(the overall better option)
You can have friendlies and the tournament runs like ****. You claim to not want the latter but it happens anyways, don't blame others for your own mistakes. If others are playing frendlies, say GET THE **** OFF THIS TV RIGHT ****ING NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE TO PLAY A POOLS SET AND I DON'T WANT THIS **** GETTING HELD UP.

Be more assertive, try not sucking a ****ing **** at social skills, and learn how to take care of yourself and your own matches. How hard is this? As tekkie said, Brawl did just that and they finished fine.

Also yes the expectancy for entrants was much higher Okami, but that isn't a reason to care less about the tournament. I do agree that Elvis needed something like labeling the TVs as station 1, 2 and such things but that beyond that, if you can't take care of your own ****, your own pool, hell even making sure other people in YOUR pool get finished as fast as you do. It's the little things that matter, when you tell people they can get one more friendly in, that's 3-4 minutes more that you could just be playing your set and getting it over with.

I can repeat this over and over but I don't think anyone will ever get it so I guess you can ignore this.

SSBM Community(2001-????)- Forever ******** ****ing idiots.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
@tekkie

Are you joking me, that's because all the players who entered brawl and melee just HAD to finish their brawl pools first, they should have either just went all melee first then at least brawl/melee/brawl/melee. I had like 3 brawl/melee players in my pool and it took until the black of night to finish them, I was completely baffled when Nyte said if we didn't finish our pools we could finish them tomorrow are you serious. I have nothing against brawlers, in fact one of my favorite moments was playing brawl teams friendlies. I don't think we're being whiners if we finished grand finals of melee and 64 really late as socal carpools had to drive back until morning traffic. We could have spent the 2nd day doing crews or something OH LOL I just remembered yall planned to have a low tier side event HAHAHHAHAHHA

My favorite moment: Baka beating Light and it was best set of all time. S2J goin in right now, I thought I would never see the day where he would support Baka seeding.

Personally, I didn't care that pools were run late, that we had a lot of downtime between events, and that everything ran at the pace of a snail (Stab's words). This tournament was below average for many other reasons listed by others previously. A tournament is only as good as the people and what they do.

Ggs to everyone though, I don't know how I am able to beat anyone at this game all I have is decent tech skill if even that.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Brawl singles started at 12 and ended at 4. most of us had to go beat traffic or had early plans the next morning such as myself. I felt that brawlers took care of themselves when it came to finishing pools and brackets. Also had a lot of time to play some friendlies with new people <3 I hope to meet more people out of state in the upcoming tournaments if there are any held in AZ :D

tekkie

Smash Master
Was anything recorded?

Melee and brawl wise
I believe there were recording setups for Melee, Friday through Sunday. For Brawl, most of the Wiis were hacked, because we're badass, and I know a ****ton of replays are saved even just between me/Dekar. There's a lot of possibility to record stuff, just need someone to do it I guess.

@tekkie

Are you joking me, that's because all the players who entered brawl and melee just HAD to finish their brawl pools first, they should have either just went all melee first then at least brawl/melee/brawl/melee. I had like 3 brawl/melee players in my pool and it took until the black of night to finish them, I was completely baffled when Nyte said if we didn't finish our pools we could finish them tomorrow are you serious. I have nothing against brawlers, in fact one of my favorite moments was playing brawl teams friendlies. I don't think we're being whiners if we finished grand finals of melee and 64 really late as socal carpools had to drive back until morning traffic. We could have spent the 2nd day doing crews or something OH LOL I just remembered yall planned to have a low tier side event HAHAHHAHAHHA
If people screwed that up then that's their fault on that end. Our side finished fine and I took forever and a half in my pool because I was busy screwing around in friendlies, tbh. And the pools thing isn't why people are whining, and it isn't you personally. It's the people freaking the **** out that the tourney ran on Sunday, like it was planned, that ******* replaying of that pools match, people complaining that there weren't enough scrubs at the tournament, all of that.

Again, this isn't you personally. But there are people who just don't understand that within competitive gaming your name and reputation are important and when you make yourself look like an ****** you deserve the ****ty treatment you get. If the tournament wasn't as good as you wanted, you can be a gentleman and go down the list of things that should be improved, specify the problems that happened, wish everyone GGs, and be on your way. Or, you can just swear at people a lot, turn caps lock on, and ***** about things that are completely irrelevant to the tournament, and defeat your own purpose by letting us all know that you're just a child.

tldr: Whole lotta kids getting exposed in here :glare:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Had a lot of fun, enjoyed being ***** by M2K Round 1 in Bracket by the way. >_>

@Derp: Haha you're Italian is actually better than mine man! I'm glad to be back in Arizona too, I enjoyed playing Doubles with you, glad to be back. :)

Good stuff to all the out-of-state players, I loved watching MikeHAZE play, something about his style is just very entertaining to me.

Jane

Smash Hero
shoutouts and stuff, go~

M2K - i like you. i was the guy with the long hair and glasses. hope you come back to AZ sometime soon.

s2j - cool falcon bro

Wobbles - ahh i was sad you lost to s2j. good stuff regardless though, youre one of my favorite players to watch and a really cool guy despite us not talking too much.

AXE - happy birthday again. youre awesome and it was cool meeting your sister. i can feel the strong bond between you two.

GG7 - dammit, i was looking forward to meeting/checking out the polack. and we didnt smoke! wtf D:< good job losing to robkami, too.

OkamiBW - its so strange to me every time i see you play brawl, hahaha. but anyhoo, great job beating chris and in turn increasing the sodium levels of kyle and light :p

Light - oh man, that set vs baka. so tense, so tight. fun times at eegees/dominos/in kyle's car. come back soon!

Tai - i didnt hang out with you or watch many of your matches :< oh well, i see you all the time anyway. love you buddy

Westballz - cry more?

Silly Kyle - you played really well this tourney. that set vs jeff was so ****ing close. fun times smoking as usual. love you booboo

baka4moe - THAT SET VS LIGHT THOUGHH. good job sir. come back to AZ!

SUNG666 - not sure who you were exactly but i'm glad y'all came.

Rubyiris - settlers next time! sorry about your tough loss vs light :<

Stabbedbyanipple - come back soon y'all!

J666 - come back soon y'all!

Jetfour - flyest mother****er at the tourney. hands down.

Prof. Oksas - thanks again for the free cheesy bread. and thanks for stepping up and housing some of the OOS'ers. i feel like we need to play some melee. we've only played like once (if that).

Woker - oh ****, the guy from juarez and i didnt even meet or play you! i think i knew who you were too (the guy with the blonde girl?). dammit.

erich - it was nice meeting and talking to you sir. there is not a single not awesome new mexican smasher (as far as i've seen).

Twin1 - always great to see you and your bro. you didnt remember me though :( your brother totally did. until next time good sir!

Shiv - ah, the shivknight. always a pleasure. i'll see you wednesday. lol

SmileyFaceSFA - olimar. :troll: hahah, but seriously though, dont you dare give up. i want to see you become great (at least in AZ). i know you witnessed ominous **** me way back when, and if he can do it, you can too!

Sliraobe God - i believe this is neil right? youre ****ing awesome hahaha. you are quite skilled in the trash talk arts. god i love the new mexicans.

ShellShocked - if i recall correctly (and i could be totally wrong), you are one of the new local dudes right? the one i met on sunday near the end? if so, we totally need to play at the next monthly.

Nicknyte - thank you for everything, elvis. seriously though. this tourney was basically a gift to all of AZ and despite all the jibber jabber, i thought you did a splendid job. certainly not perfect but you sincerely cared about everything and it showed. i'm sad youre retiring and i hope you still come out to events because youre a great person and friend. get some rest buddy.

Chess - i think i remember you. yeah, we definitely played like, a long time ago haha. uhhh... yeah hi and stuff.

Morino - it was really nice meeting you and playing 64 with you. way to win at your very first real tourney and prevent M2K's total domination of every event. i ****ing LOVED watching your two grand finals sets. sucks that you're quitting 64, but i wish you good look in your melee and life endeavors.

commonyoshi - come back soon y'all!

Twin_A - shoutouts to ****~ no but seriously, it was great to see you guys again. please come back soon! <3

Coreygames - fun times smoking as always. there was a severe lack of your samus pooping on my ganon at this tournament. next time, madam.

Forward - HOLY **** you impressed the **** out of me with your flows man! ahahah, SO glad i got that on camera. sucks you couldnt come out for the second day; i was looking forward to watching you **** people.

SmurfyEXE - it was nice finally meeting you man. also good games in 64. i remember that i actually had a lead on you in the first game of our set and i was thinking "omfg, i might actually win a game!" but you quickly shattered that dream hahaha. lets get some melee in at the next monthly we both go to.

DK Will - i have no the slightest clue of who you are. sorry :(

Taj - great seeing you as always my man. i'll try my hardest to make it to your next tourney. brought to you by brazzers :yeahboi:

Spencer - nice seeing you dude, been a while. hahaha on sunday morning when i was watching that hype *** knicks game i just kept thinking "omg i cant wait to talk about this with spencer"

MikeHaze - nice to finally meet you! good stuff ****** AZ and thanks for for bringing some of dat cali good good. hope to see you again sometime soon. oh and good **** for battling forward (even if you got a little *****)!

Dekar - oh how i will miss you sir. i think you are literally the only person i played brawl friendlies with the entire tourney haha. please come to devastation <33

Dark Shifter - good **** beating kevin! i didnt watch but i did hear him raging when he lost to you hahaha.

Yummy - good to see you sir. i didnt watch you play much but i did see you get molested by M2K hahah. that was fun because i dont ever get to see you get dominated like that.

KiraFlax - wtf happened man? dont go metaknight -_- but regardless, it was nice seeing/hanging with you

K9 - yo son, it was nice chilling with you. you gotta be AZ's official hype man hahaha.

TommyDerMeister - good call buying a quarter of that chocolate chunk. love you bro

Goyf - hmmm, i think i know who you were, but i'm not sure. thanks for coming though!

GV7 - oh yeah, i also played one game of friendlies with you! that lucas man, improving at a scary rate! we'll have to play some more next time.

tekkie - haha thanks for the compliment, but my oli is garbage :p come to devastation please! oh and i'm hella jelly of your pokemon shirt. i was staring at it pretty much the entire time we were at eegees.

Wafty - we need to play some more. i havent played you since you ****ed me up in that tourney set way back when.

DerpDaBerp - yo, pleasure as always. we didnt play at all but whatevs. i'm digging the earring look btw.

Aaven - nice to have you back, soldier. :D

RaveRemix - ahhh, our set was so close! they always are. good job beating me though.

FOE - dont know who you are, sorry :(

Herro - playa playa! hahaha.

Gene - one of the guys from up north i believe? glad you guys made it to the tourney, but you guys need to use that time to play all the other players, not each other!

Jane - ****yeah.jpg

Relic - you have mad potential. just gotta start using that grab more!

FIRA - if you were part of the northern AZ crew, see Gene's shoutout

Vee - see Gene's shoutout

Vman - it was good seeing you man. your hat is awesome.

Jordan - good to see you. thanks for warming up with me. also, after this tourney, my interest in 64 has skyrocketed so we should definitely play some smash64 sometime soon. and mad bowls of course.

girl who's name i am unsure of but will assume is Emily since everyone keeps saying that name - i like your energy. cherish the pictures of us forever. oh, and marth is a flaming homosexual.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
two questions:

1) who recorded the rap battle?

2) who recorded silly kyle giving axe a lap-dance for his 21st birthday?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
you know when the brawl players are saying that there were no problems on their end and everything ran smoothly etc. because they ran it themselves, doesn't that mean that the tournament was not handled properly by those in charge...?

also thanks sung and jane yeah my set against light was def my favorite moment of that tourney. that **** was so intense and it all paid off :)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
@jane my rage is piercing the heavens right now I just wish I wish I wish I dont even know I cant even fathom...

I dunno I may break your controller with my bare hands if we play again

Just... jesus christ be with you next time we play I swear to god I dont even duyyyhdhkdg

YOUR CHARACTER IS SUCH BULLGGUIGFUUUUUYYYY

IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW I HATE YOU ALWAYS ITS ALWAYS YOU

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
you know when the brawl players are saying that there were no problems on their end and everything ran smoothly etc. because they ran it themselves, doesn't that mean that the tournament was not handled properly by those in charge...?

also thanks sung and jane yeah my set against light was def my favorite moment of that tourney. that **** was so intense and it all paid off :)
A TO can only do so much to enforce that matches get played. But it isn't his job to make sure that every single person ISN'T a stupid ****** that plays friendlies for 4 hours to get "warmed up" then after doing so loses and STILL makes johns about it, or things such as this.

I have a type of friendly for you to play, it's called get better. Not talking about you baka I just mean in general.

I think things could have been done better if once again there were stations labeled and dedicated to EACH specific pool. After that, it's all up to you. A TO's job isn't to be a babysitter, it's to make things a concrete way, and then make sure it gets done. I have an idea for what he could have done better too, he could have said if people didn't complete all their pools by a certain time that it ended at that time no matter what and that it's just how things were because it needed to run on time. But then you'd have salty people because they didn't get to play their matches and had their pools be half *****.

Once again, stop playing friendlies.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Nicknyte – I had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for hosting this tournament! My Peach really needed some out of state practice and hosting this meant the world to me. I wish you and your wife a happy life together. I hope we stay in touch with each other. <3

1: M2K ($330) – Good job winning practically everything and taking our money lol.

2: s2j ($165) – Sad we didn't get to play, but your Falcon is amazing. It was fun cheering for you against M2K.

3: Wobbles ($66) – You'll get them next time! And I will get you next time! ;)

4: AXE ($33) – I'm so glad that you live in my state. You are definitely one of my favorite players in the world. I really hope your 21st birthday was amazing, because I totes had a fantastic time this weekend. Our set was really intense and I hope the next time we face, I will be able to beat your Pikachu once and for all!

Dove – Omg! I could not believe how awesome you are!! I'm so thankful we met this weekend because you are so gorgeous and sweet. Jeff is so lucky to have such a wonderful sister. <3

5: GG7 ($20) – I secretly hate you forever. Why do you have to be such a Peach slayer? Omg lol, but I will say thank you for all the Falcon practice you have given me. Every last down throw knee you have landed on me has made me a better player. It was fun chilling and we should smash together sometime soon.

5: OkamiBW ($20) – You did so good in singles and doubles! I wish we could have done better Day 2 in bracket. I definitely take most of the blame because I felt like I played better Day 1 when I had more rest. Arizona is lucky to have you here in our state. You are continuously improving over time and it makes the competition more exciting. We got this <3

7: Light_ ($13) – I can't believe it's been so long since I last saw you at Genesis 2! I have loved your Peach ever since I played it for the first time. I love your old school style and I am always impressed with how consistent you are. Hanging out was tons of fun and playing the ditto helped me improve my Peach.

7: Tai ($13) – Good job beating S2J and Baka this weekend. It was fun housing you and the rest of Phoenix. I'm looking forward to the next time we face in bracket. I know we both improved this weekend.

9: Westballz – Our set was way too hype in pools. I'm glad that in the end we were able to apologize to each other and pay tribute to Mary Jane. She is a gorgeous woman with a glorious body. ;-P

9: Silly Kyle – So close. A few more months and people will be scared of this sexy *** :peach:

9: baka4moe – Your set with Light was so intense! I could not believe you landed that nair at the very end with two seconds on the clock. Peach dittos are so crazy sometimes. I'm really glad you came down to AZ for this tournament. I definitely want to make it up to SoCal sometime soon. Good job in both singles and teams. :)

9: SUNG666 – Your Falco was really impressive! You totally destroyed me game two of our set lol. I'm glad I was able to bring it back on Final Destination.

13: Rubyiris – Don't let tough losses hold you down. You are a phenomenal player and once your consistency is more solid, you will see tremendous improvement in your game. As with myself, your mindset will also need work. You got this!!

13: Stabbedbyanipple – Good job teaming with Baka! You guys did really good and I wish we could have had a rematch from our bracket set. Great Falco and hope to travel to Cali soon to play it again.

13: J666 – I didn't realize how amazing your Link was! I hope you had mnay matches recorded so that the other Links in AZ can take notes.

13: Jetfour – Our set was intense! Why do you have to be so damn good? Loving your style. Work it, boo boo <3

Vectorman – AZ would not be the same without you! I need to come down to Sierra Vista sometime and smash with you *****es.

Emily – I love you so ****ing much!!! It has been way too ****ing long since I have last seen your beautiful face. We are seriously soul mates and it pains me to part from you. Baby, I love you from the bottom of my heart. Please don't ever leave me! You need to host a big regional for me to come too in SoCal and house me. Make it happen! So damn sexy.

Oksas – Speaking of sexy... hey there. ;) You are such an awesome helper at tournaments and you have improved a lot since I first met you. We need to play each other more often you silly *****! Keep it klassy, boo boo

Coty – Even though Tucson hates you, you're still pretty cool. I guess. Your presence was very much appreciated this weekend. I had a blast housing you and the rest of Phoenix. Thank you so much for driving all those *****es down here. It truly made the tournament much better for me and everyone else. Hope to see you enter tournaments soon!

Woker – Thanks for coming!

Erich – Your Marth is really good! You are also super cool and hilarious. I hope you enjoyed your time down here. Going to Eegee's together was bombski! Too bad we didn't do anything for dinner on Sunday night together. Hope to see you again sometime. :)

The Twins – Oh. My. God. I definitely love me some twincest. You guys are my straight lovers for life! Now that I think about it, why didn't I see you guys do any magic tricks!? Either way, you guys are hilarious mother****ers. Seriously, this tournament would not have been the same without you two. Kyle, your Sheik is so gay and good! And David, your Jiggz is hella gay in teams! It was hilarious giving Axe a lap dance for his birthday. Good times

Shiv – Your Fox is legit. So technical and crazy. I promise I will see you soon at dodgeball.

Smiley – You are constantly improving and I hope you never give up on your quest for the top. I know someday that you will be Top 10 in AZ. Give it a few months and I promise you will be happy. I will make sure of that.

Sliraobe God - Your Falcon is so good. You definitely made me nervous in our sets we had together. However, I am well versed in the Falcon matchup and was glad to take a **** on your face!! Haha, just kidding. You are quite hilarious, by the way. Sucks you didn't make it out of pools!

ShellShocked – You have such a sick Link. I also liked the way you adapted to my Peach the second match of our set. Hope to see you in Tucson sometime soon at one of our future locals.

Chess – Dat Luigi! Once you work in more mix-ups in your game and hammer out your bad habits, mindset, and tech skill, you will begin to see more improvement. Btw, you are a loud *****! Haha, but it was fun housing you. It was fun playing friendlies. Helped me learn the matchup even better as Peach.

Morino – You are awe-inspiring! Great job winning N64 singles. Such a mother****ing boss!

Commonyoshi – Thanks for coming to NYTE!

Corigames – I know you didn't do as good as you hoped to do, but never forget how good you really are. Your Samus is always getting better and is so technical and beautiful. Once you can get past the mental hurdles, fighting you will be ****ing scary. It was hella fun chilling and housing you. Love you~! <3

Forward – You silly *****, why are you so ****ing good still!? It sucks you couldn't stay the whole tournament. It would have been super interesting to see what the results would have been like with you in the bracket. Hopefully we can eat out MJ's sweet ***** next time!

Smurfy – I'm glad you like my Peach and watching me in action. I want to come do

DK Will – Hope you learned a lot at this tournament. DK is a hard character to play as, so good luck!

Taj – Good stuff in doubles! Sad you didn't enter singles though, but it's whatevs. Lots of love! <3

2: MikeHaze ($94) – Dude, you are one of the chillest dudes ever!~ Thank you so much for everything! You are so flipping good at Brawl, it's insane! Too bad we didn't really get to play singles with each other. I had so many matches to play. Housing you Saturday night was fun and I'm glad to have your back! I gotta come to SoCal real soon.

3: Dekar ($38) – So when are you going to dump Molly and marrry me? We can move to Canada. It will be divine. You are so handsome, irresistible, and sexy. Every time, we say goodbye, I die a little. Your Diddy is still top notch and you did really good against my Peach in bracket. Wish I could have continued my winning streak against from the previous days when we played each other. Teaming with you was so much fun and it sucks we didn't get second, because we definitely could have. And if we were team again down the road, we will be unstoppable.

4: Silly Kyle ($19) – Highest placing AZ player! W00t w00t

5: Dark Shifter ($11) – I love you, Bryce! Great job beating Kevin. I want to see you move up on the PR!

5: Yummy ($11) – Your Snake is such a *******. Why do you have to be so good!? Hopefully by the next update you will break into the top 4. And I will be #1 when that happens. ;)

7: KiraFlax ($8) – Good job in doubles. I'm slightly disappointed at your performance in singles, but it's ok. You are hilarious and crazy, don't ever change. Ok, maybe just a little bit. :p

7: K9 ($8) – Ok, *****! This **** was hype as ****. Our bracket match was way too intense. I'm so glad I pulled a bomb and hit you with it. You totes deserved it for all the lasers you have shot at me. Lol, I love you and you are always getting better. Don't stop now!

9: TommyDerMeister – This was a really fun tourney. God damn that Chocolate Chunk is amazing! Good stuff making it out of pools. It's also hilarious about your set with M2K.

9: Goyf – You are such a good player! I completely underestimated you and was impressed by your skill. New Mexico is full of kewl people and I want to see you again soon to smoke n' smash.

9: GV7 – I actually like your Lucas a lot. Haha, you should play him more often in tournament.

9: tekkie – Omg, I'm so sorry for being such a flake! It was awesome that we got to play each other in pools. Your Wolf is really good and has improved a lot since I last saw it! Please convince Dekar to host a regional in NM and get tons of TX players and ****. Do it to it!

13: Wafty – You are unbelievable at doubles. I would like to see your singles skill on the same level and above!

13: DerpDaBerp – Glad you made it out of pools. Tucson needs to play more.

13: Aaven – Your Ike is really nice. I'm happy that you're back in AZ because that means you're going to get a lot better at Brawl. :)

13: RaveRemix - One of these days you will take a game off my Peach! You have a sweet Toon Link.

FOE – Thanks for coming!

Herro – I appreciate Eegee's so much more because of you! I am so bummed you're going to be leaving Arizona soon for the military. Let's smash, get wings, and play dodgeball as much as we can in the mean time!

Gene – Thanks for coming!

Jane – It makes my heart happy that you entered this tournament. Hanging out with you is always amazing and a single shoutout cannot express how much your friendship means to me!

Relic – Thanks for coming!

Fira – Your Pit is really good (and annoying)! Keep up the good work.

Vee – Thanks for coming!

Goop – You're a silly *****! I was pleasantly surprised to see you at NYTE.

Cortez – You need to have a smashfest at your place pronto.

Falln – That massage was top tier. I enjoyed it a lot ;)

True – Why are you so sexy? Be mine. <3

Jordan – I'm glad you were able to attend NYTE. Hope you get the job you want so we can pray for baby Jesus!

Nytewyfe – You should pick up Princess Peach!

Spencer - LOL @ traveling farts. I wish you would play Melee competitively again. You are still so talented. I'm glad you attended NYTE. <3

Chris - Even though it was brief, it was wonderful seeing you. I miss your sexy ***!! Stop being so busy with the Air Force and college! Gosh! <3 Hopefully Cortez has a party/smash/gamefest at his place soon!

64 players
– You guys are awesome! I wish I could have played my matches with everyone but I had to focus on Brawl and Melee.

Maize - I'm really sad that you weren't able to stay the whole weekend and compete on Sunday for bracket. I was surprised by how good you were. Hope you enter more tournaments in SoCal!

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Had a great time everyone, glad i got to meet alot of new people.

1: M2K ($330) Grats on taking home all that money
2: s2j ($165) good work had a blast watching your matches
3: Wobbles ($66) your ice climbers amaze me every time
4: AXE ($33) happy birthday bro glad we got to hang out this weekend also next time your in town we need to get some lindy's
5: GG7 ($20) always a pleasure my friend and what is this hear about retiring i hope this isnt true im bearly getting into melee.
5: OkamiBW ($20) grats on all your matches you kicked *** and cant wait to play you some more get some shiek training in.
7: Light_ ($13) omg that match vs Baka was so intense sorry about the loss bro but you gave a great show.
7: Tai ($13) great work out there and gj with the stream
9: Westballz **** happens bro but everyone has an opinion
9: Silly Kyle why you so silly bro also light placed higher but great work cant wait to play melee with ya.
9: baka4moe i think the best moments of the tourney are you light matches even if they did time out
9: SUNG666 i saw a few of your matches dont really remember you tho
13: Rubyiris oh man sorry about getting you home so late was driving around too much also great work in tourney
13: J666 sorry about not being able to house you guys i just had way too many people.
13: Jetfour your hair was so legit bro also love watching you and GG7 team up always fun matches.

2: MikeHaze ($94) mike great job out there you style is legit bro keep it up wish we could have MMed
3: Dekar ($38) dat monkey also dont forget to add me on league bro we need to wreck on
5: Dark Shifter ($11) way to go man was happy when i saw you beat the black men hahahaha
5: Yummy ($11) oh man dude we had some great matches just wait till next time im going to come even harder
7: KiraFlax ($8)hanenbow that is all hahahahahah
7: K9 ($8) *****AAAA
9: TommyDerMeister we need to play again bro.
9: Goyf dam your ZSS need to learn that matchup really badly you were the first good one i ever played.
9: GV7 dem rob goggles too awesome glad i could house you guys was great.
9: tekkie great time commentating with you for a bit wish the internet was better at the venue stream was ***.
13: Wafty i got your number bro traning starts tomorrow i wont lose to you again
13: DerpDaBerp MM lucario anytime i also i really want to play against your luigi i was playing really bad in our games i feel you were a bit off too so cant wait for them rematches.
13: Aaven 2 buck bro really haha jk was fun playing your ike cant wait for more games.
13: RaveRemix gj with your matches dude cant wait for the next tourney we need to play some more.
Taj glad i met you bro love your anime refrences
Jane we need to play more bro need to go against that olimar
smiley lets just keep training man lets bring it back harder in the next tourney.
Prof. Oaksas always a pleasure seeing you cant wait to play some melee bro also Oakerro for life haha(that is our team name for brawl doubles if we ever play again)

i know im missing alot of people ill probably edit this later cant wait to start playing melee now and my goal to be on the PR before i leave to boot camp.

Violence

Smash Lord
lollllllllllllll

This is why the FGC is way better. Hospitality and assertiveness everywhere.

Melee peeps, want the reason of why things didn't get done as quick as they could have? Friendlies. In the history of every Melee tournament that has ever gone wrong you can probably point the reason to the fact that there are more people playing friendlies than there are people playing tournament matches. Fact is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't want to play friendlies so that you can play well in bracket AND have the tournament run smoothly up to the standards you want.

You can have no friendlies and the tournament run smoothly(the overall better option)
You can have friendlies and the tournament runs like ****. You claim to not want the latter but it happens anyways, don't blame others for your own mistakes. If others are playing frendlies, say GET THE **** OFF THIS TV RIGHT ****ING NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE TO PLAY A POOLS SET AND I DON'T WANT THIS **** GETTING HELD UP.

Be more assertive, try not sucking a ****ing **** at social skills, and learn how to take care of yourself and your own matches. How hard is this? As tekkie said, Brawl did just that and they finished fine.

Also yes the expectancy for entrants was much higher Okami, but that isn't a reason to care less about the tournament. I do agree that Elvis needed something like labeling the TVs as station 1, 2 and such things but that beyond that, if you can't take care of your own ****, your own pool, hell even making sure other people in YOUR pool get finished as fast as you do. It's the little things that matter, when you tell people they can get one more friendly in, that's 3-4 minutes more that you could just be playing your set and getting it over with.

I can repeat this over and over but I don't think anyone will ever get it so I guess you can ignore this.

SSBM Community(2001-????)- Forever ******** ****ing idiots.
I was not at this tournament, but this is a demonstrably false assertion.

The idea that you can't play friendlies and have a tournament run on time is ridiculous.

The majority of tournaments I've been to finish on time and allocated setups for friendies for over an hour.

And it's not like the fgc doesn't have delays at their tournaments either.

Whether or not the players should've been more assertive, it's always the TO's responsibility to see to it that **** gets done. Players, especially visiting players, are likely going to be focused on playing as many games with as many newer people as possible.

People playing friendlies is not an excuse for a heavily delayed tournament.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It wasn't just friendlies. I distinctly remember going to Kyle day two and him waiting like an hour for the livestream set up. I told him not to let his pride get in the way and just finish his damn match, but no.

This might fly in a local, but when you have oos players, and a schedule to keep, you can't do this.

@violence: you weren't here. *****s were playing friendlies for like 4+ hours between sets/focusing on brawl/leaving the venue.

I played all of my tournament matches asap with one exception, and that was vs baka. I tried to get him to play me several times but he and I ended up missing each other a bunch, and eventually agreed tjqy there were certain sets we wanted to.cheer for first lol.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
A TO can only do so much to enforce that matches get played. But it isn't his job to make sure that every single person ISN'T a stupid ****** that plays friendlies for 4 hours to get "warmed up" then after doing so loses and STILL makes johns about it, or things such as this.

Once again, stop playing friendlies.
Yeah I have to agree with violence on this one, especially regarding those who are visiting; I believe what you're saying is just false, though I dont really want to get into a debate over this. Also I don't think I know anyone (maybe m2k? but if so thats one guy, but maybe not cuz he didnt lose) at the tourney that has that sort of mindset you're describing here.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Thanks for all of the kind words :)

It sounds like a bunch of you guys smoked teh herb after the tournament. Y u guys no invite me? JK, I had to leave early to catch a bus and another reason. :awesome:

I posted a partial shout-out in the tournament thread so I'll continue here:

M2K: Good stuff in winning all those events. You're good at 64 too.

John: Thank you SO MUCH for housing me and the other SoCal guys. You're awesome, man. You went above and beyond to make our stay great and we really appreciate it :)

Baka4Moe: It was nice meeting you, dude. That set you had with Light was crazy! I'll definitely see you around if I go to more Melee tournaments (which the next one should be MikeHaze's tournament; are U going?)

Commonyoshi: It was nice meeting you! Just like I told Baka, I hope to see you soon at a tournament.

Stab: T'was nice meeting you as well :cool:
I enjoyed playing Streets of Rage with you :awesome: and I don't think I'll be able able to order tacos at Jack in the Box without laughing anymore, LOL.

ShellShocked: It was nice meeting you! You're a super cool dude and you like LoZ which makes you even cool-ier (I'm quite the LoZ fan myself). I wish we could've played Melee a bit more, though. I hope to see you soon when I visit Arizona or something :p

S2J: Very nice Falcon (possibly my favorite Falcon to watch) and fun games in 64! I don't think I ever did get to know why you forfeited. Maybe next time we can play Melee instead of 64.

B-Rex: you're good, man. Those were some close matches with Mew2King.

64 dudes: GGS :)

Jane: Hey, it was nice playing with you! You seem pretty chill; let's hang more the next time we're at a tournament. Oh, and sorry I wasn't able to give you some pointers in 64. If you really want to, you can send me a PM and I could try to remember your Kirby and give you some pointers off of that :)

Forward: I'm sure you don't remember me when we played friendlies, but you have a crazy Fox o___o

AXE: Your Pikachu is cray cray, mang. :)

NickNyte: It was nice meeting you and thanks for hosting this tournament!

I'm sure there's people I'm forgetting and for the sake of keeping this short, I'll end this here. I had a lot of fun and hope to see Arizona soon (preferably by plane this time x_X)

Top Bottom