• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North NYC: XenoWeeklies

HelpR

Smash Ace
To Register, go to https://start.gg/xeno and join our discord server for more events: https://discord.gg/invite/K9qM2a3

Follow House of 3000 on Twitter or join our Discord to keep up with our events!

Welcome to NYC's strongest weekly. A tournament series with some of NYC's best players with plenty of time to complete and play friendlies, with appearances from LI/NJ's best players!

Venue fee: $8
Entry fee for Singles: $7
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/houseof3000
Bracket: https://start.gg/xeno
VODS: www.youtube.com/houseof3000

Spectator fee is $8

Timeline ==================================================
05:00PM: Doors Open.
06:00PM: Registration ends
07:00PM: Wave A Begins
08:00PM: Wave B Begins
Approximately 08:30PM: Top 24 begins

Tournament Rules ==========================================
Basic Ruleset
Singles: 3 stocks, 7 minutes
No DSR
All DLC characters are legal
All sets are best 2 out of 3.
Grand Finals: Player from losers bracket must win two sets of 2 out of 3
Items off & Set to none

Stagelist ==================================================

All stages hazardless unless stated otherwise!

Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Town & City
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick Stages
Kalos Pokemon League
Hollow Bastion
Small Battlefield

Set Procedure ==============================================
Pick characters.
Players may elect to do a double blind pick.
Stage Striking: (1-2-1)
Players engage in a round of RPS. Winner of the RPS may choose who strikes the first stage. The other person then strikes the next two stages. The first person to strike then strikes the last one, effectively choosing the first stage they play on.

Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counter-pick lists.
Loser selects the stage for the next game.
Note: In best of 5 sets, players must ban after each victory

2nd/3rd match procedure:
1: Winner bans one stage
2: Loser of the previous match chooses a stage to play the next match on
3: The winner of the previous match may elect to change their character
4. The loser of the previous match chooses their character, and starts the match.

Additional Rules ============================================

Team Colors: Player character colors must match their team color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).

BYOC: This event is strictly Bring Your Own Controller. You may rent a controller from the venue if you would want to do so.

Double Suicide Rule: If the game ends in a double suicide resulting from a suicide move (Kirby's inhale, Ganon's choke, etc) then the result will be decided by the results screen.

If the game goes to sudden death, then the players will quit and play another game 1 stock 3 minutes in order to decide the winner of the match.

Setup Cards =============================================

We will be assigning stations to each set that is played in tournament, and with each set we will be distributing a card with the number of the station written on it. Please display this card prominently on the table in front of the setup. When the set ends, the player that is victorious will need to come back to the TO desk to report the result. If you are playing a set without a card in front of you, it will be assumed that it is friendlies.

This will help us to be more efficient, get tournament completed quicker, and eventually, we'll be able to open up more setups for friendlies when we near the end.

FAQ =====================================================
1) I don’t think I'm good enough. Should I still participate?
We encourage everyone to participate, regardless of skill level. You'll only get better by practicing! If space allows, we’ll have some consoles available for friendly matches.

2) If I'm participating in the tournament, do I also need to pay the venue fee?
Yes, you do. The tournament fee goes to the pool, while the venue fee goes to paying the owner of the event space.

3) I don't live in the New York City area. What can I do?
You can share this event!

4) How do I get there/what trains pass near there?
The F train will leave you 5 minutes walking distance from the east Broadway stop

The B/D at the grand st stop is about a 7 minute walk

The A/C/N/Q/6 trains will also leave you about 15 minutes from the venue, but easily walk-able

5) What is in the area?
There is plenty of food in the area. If you enjoy Asian food, you can get Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese very easily. Little Italy is also just a few blocks away. There are also multiple dollar dumpling joints, Chinese bakeries, and bubble tea available within a 3 block radius.

6) I drive, what's the parking like?
There is plenty of paid street parking available at about $4-5 an hour. Regulations end at 7PM, so if you are here for the weekly I would recommend letting us know you're here via facebook or twitter and parking shortly before the event begins. There is also free parking several blocks away from the venue.

7) I can't find the venue help!
Xenozero is at 24 Ludlow Street at ground level. It's difficult to miss, but you can ask in our discord if you have difficulty getting to the venue https://discord.gg/invite/K9qM2a3 .

Top Bottom