• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC Smash scene

Acedude55

Smash Ace
With Smash 3ds being out and the Wii U version coming up, I'm wondering whos around and looking to play, or whos planning smashfests? I don't see an active NYC or NY/NJ thread, maybe theres a facebook group i forgot about

taitai

Smash Rookie
I'm from Brooklyn too, I went looking for events after playing Smash almost entirely this weekend.

Looks like there are weekly Project M and Melee weekly tournaments(I suck at Melee; so I won't even bother), but nothing yet for Smash4.

This board won't let me post links, but if you google around for "Super Smash Bros NYC" it'll get you to the events page here.

I'm all for getting something going if nothing else. With Smash4 being 3DS only right now that makes it pretty easy to get meet ups together.

Anyone going to NYCC? Why not put something together there?

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
I'd take a guess and say that if you just searched for games in NYCC, 99% chance you'll find one.

The real issue with NYC is finding space to host something, I know Nebulous Games does some stuff in Chinatown, and I know Beast Mode NY does some stuff as well, but both of those can be a bit of a hike from Brooklyn.

taitai

Smash Rookie
Like I said, the great thing about smash on 3ds is we don't havr to have someone haul consoles around. :)

Somewhere with power outlets, seating and not godawful lighting would do the trick.

taitai

Smash Rookie
Also somehow I missed the giant events link on e top nav bar. :(

taitai

Smash Rookie
I've been hosting weekly Smash4 smashfests:

Small turn-out so far. This week's is Saturday evening, feel free to join.
New York ComicCon :( Sorry. Not unless you want to try to get something together at NYCC

Top Bottom