• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC POLY BRAWL 1 - Results - Post Feedback - Want more?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Doubles Tournament Results

1: Team Supremacy (NinjaLink, Malcom) ($54.00)
2: anti black (Anti, blackanese) ($18.00)
3: Bsc Ryko (BSChung, Ryko)
4: ProTails (JTails, Projo)
5: african fly (Span, Moo)
5: 3rd Input (dMT, Bawk!)
7: kaka masters (taco, godsmack)
7: squirtle squad (chaosmarth, vid3og4m3r)
9: Buckets (Helpr, Whit)

Singles Tournament Results

1: NinjaLink ($87.00) - Diddy, ROB, Bowser, Lucario, Kirby,...and Tabuu..yea, Tabuu...
2: Anti ($29.00) - DDD, Snake, Falco
3: Malcom - Sonic, Wario
4: JTails - Ness, Diddy, ROB
5: chaosmarth - Marth
5: Moo - P. Trainer, DK, Mario
7: Span - DK
7: BSChung - DDD
9: EternalYoshi
9: cinos
9: Will
9: ANZ
13: JBit
13: Projo
13: ks136
13: DWiz
17: godsmack
17: tinshi
17: Pwnd?
17: taco
17: Helpr
17: Ryko
17: newby
17: bawk
25: Moe
25: whit
25: Xeno
25: Baek
25: vid30gam3r

I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves today. Please leave feedback, let us know how you liked the venue and overall experience.

I'm hoping for more of a turnout next time. Definitely going to have it 5venue 5 tournament fee setup for the next one, and have doubles first. Only thing is, it's going to have to start up pretty early in the day since we get kicked out at 10pm.

So yea, shoutouts and feedback goes here... Perhaps we can have POLY BRAWL 2?

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I know me and my son were spectating but i gotta give shout outs:
Ninjalink: i had never seen a diddy kong so **** fast in my life.
Anti: its always fun watching you play.
Malcom: Your commentary skillz are just like your sonic, fast and delicious.
Moo: Always a pleasure to see you in action.
Span: That was a good DK man.
Projo: Great toonlink.
And last but certainly not lease, mad props go to dmt for organizing such a event, very hospitable and organized. Great job

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Top 8 characters added....avoid the ones I'm not sure of for now if you want. They can confirm themselves later. I didn't watch many matches....was behind a table...almost entire day... >_>

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Yes i used Marth.

Shout-outs:

Malcolm: That was a great set. it was so close. your sonic is too good.

Span: good DK it was a good set. <3 shield breaker

Base? i think that was your name the white metaknight player?: good and really close set. i need more metaknight practice

Anti: goood close set definatly a set revolved around counters

Moo: great seeing you again its been awhile nice set in doubles

KS136,Cinos,VID30GAM3R,Taco,and godsmack: Omega Alliance <3 thanks for coming with me :] and Good job on your first tournament cinos.

If i forgot anyone i'm sorry i'm pretty knocked out right now. thanks for the friendlies and everything guys <3

PS: Marth is pretty cute ;]

Edit: definatly have more. the turnout will get bigger and bigger :D

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Shout outs coming in a bit, but I can tell you that Ninja used more than just ROB and Diddy. I think I saw him use like two others.

And Shin Moo did more than PT, he was all about the DK and Mario as well.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sintros! Thanks for coming man it was a delight to meet you and your son! Smash King in the making, gotta watch out :p

Sintros and son = best spectators ever

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
so i came super late, and made it 4 teams. but it was a sexy fun day no lie x] uhh idr everything and every1 buuut im bored and wanna do shout out but sorry if i4got u / your name, so on

1st off

get at anti, NL and malcom on our adventure 2 the train station, that was the best part of the day xDDD. this guy malcom is halarious. also thnx 4 teaming again anti xD 1st is the worst, 2nd is the best x]

dmtmanga - tourney was great man. even though it wasnt like super amount of people, it was just the right amount. venue was big 2, and the free food was sexy time xD. but yah overall it was fun and i be willing 2 come again.

shin moooo / hab - nice seeing ya guys again. that random talk bout boondocks was sexy. "homie over hoes, homie over hoes. doo the homieeee do the homieeeeee" lmfaoo sucks u guys both had 2leave early though

jtails / jtails partner (sorru idk your name xD) - wheres my dolla xDDD 2 good guy, u guys r 2 cool and sexy time, and your team is getting better as well O_O *high 5*

the food from the other room - u guys tasted very good

all those other guys i was talking 2 like right we ahd 2 start leaving - u guys sexy time 2 x]]] and that random talk bout meta being high teir and brawl hacking and stuff was funs.

teams we played - i4got the name but cocka soemthing xDD name is pro. bsc and ryko u guys r 2 good. and u gotta find out how u did that snake up guy xD

uhh im pretty sure im 4getting soem1 / something but sorry if i did =[[[[[[[[[[[

*gets neked*

ANTi_

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTZ

Malcolm/Blackanese - lmao these guys are fc***in hilarious lol thanks for teaming black Malcolm good **** in our sets

Ninjalink - impressive diddy man i tripped so much i kinda gave up i knew i was going to lose that round with falco.

Mufasa & Simba (Sintros & Son) sintros nice seeing u man always a pleasure seeing you spectate the matches and soon your son is going to **** tournies up too lol.

H.A.B - nice meeting you man i hear you have a good rob i want to see it.

Shin Moo - Cool dude man we gotta friendly next tourny i can tell its going to be good

Projo/J-tails - mann our set was so closee you guys can get up there j-tails i had to figght you today like 1337 times

Bsc/Ryko - you guys are good *Ryko - i counterpick this wii* lol that made me laugh

Span - our set was closeee good stuff dude your dk is getting up there

Chaos Marth - niceee marth man and good meta u got me on RC i had to switch to snake

when i remember more i will add but for now good stuff everyone

**and i used DDD & Snake

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
* Charizard hands me a piece of looseleaf *

Jtails: I hope you rot in hell... j/k good move going Diddy on me * grumble *

Malcolm: * bonks on noggin * you know what you did wrong. try not to let it happen again.

Cinos: I should not have won that set. Next time i'll have more tricks up my sleeve. good set and monkeys dont like Ike

Blackanese: Gald you randomly came through. Boondocks talk is always too good.

HAB: MY DUDE! I repped the Twin Hammers of Europe today! glad you came through homie.

NL: your mad Gangstalisious...

Sintros and son: I wish i woulda played you today. Glad your brought the little one.

Ryko: Good stuff in teams and singles. Sucks we met so early in the tournament, but such is life. let me find out your gonna be another atomsk. EVERY tournament hes @ i end up facing him early.

DMT: yoooz. thanks for throwing the tournament. if the stars align when you have another one i'm there.

Span: Double Africa ftw. We had the onliest Africa combo on that poor PT.

If i forgot someone my apoligies.

* Falls asleep *

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i used lucario rob diddy bowser and uh...kirby? Yea kirby.

and stop separating my name. its EXACTLY like my smashboards name.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could have played all of you that day but Me Boy is my number 1 priority. You all did fantastic. Me and my boy loved it all

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
good tournament and the venue was maaaad nice. i hope more ppl decide to show up next time.

good **** NinjaLink for takin 1st in singles and teamin wit me. good **** AGAIN for showing me the mysterious atlantic station...even tho me n anti clearly could have taken the A train right next to polytech lmao.

blackanese and anti were too funny on the train. anti learned to survey his surroundings before sitting down lol. also good matches in teams guys and good stuff in singles anti. i gotta work on how i play against ddd.

Shin that trainer/dk/mario/wolf/u use mad different characters is gettin sick. u gonna rocksmash that top 3 next time.

Sinstros (who i didnt know was sinstros until after the tournament) it was good hangin out man. your a funny dude.

Jtails i didnt really see many of ur matches but u were there...so thats shoutout worthy material for me. keep workin that ness out.

Ryko i kno things were rough bracket wise in singles but ur still a beast and good stuff in teams.

Chaos marth we had a close *** set lol. good marth and snake man. Halbred ended up loving me more on that occasion lol.

dmtmanga thanks for hosting and showin off the shiek. once u break that zelda into the game....the takeover begins.

good times @ this venue man....i really do hope for a poly 2.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Glad you liked it guys... Now for some shoutouts of my own...

NinjaLink: good friendlies man... I got you with some Zelda fsmashes though..no DI 4 u :p and sh.it man, I was facing the wrong way!.. >_> O and thanks for the Twilight Hacks dude

Blackanese and Anti: Nice chats at the end, tho I didnt get to play you guys at all yesterday, some fun chats we had....scooby dooby doo

Moo: I was watchin that PT..sick my man... then you teamed with my boy Span, double DK whaaaaat?!

Sintros and son: BEST Spectators ever...nuff said

Ryko: Sorry man, I have a better idea of the relative skill standings now, so the brackets won't be as tough next time... hope you still had a good time, and I definitely wanna see you at Poly Brawl 2.. i gotta see that ike

Malcolm: Sick Wario dude... how you gotta gimp NL's diddy like that >_> I liked the 1% bike hit...made no sense but you still got that 1% LOL... And your Sonic in doubles, speedy little devil yo...

HAB: Nice ROB dude. Good to finally meet you and nice match we had. Too bad you had to leave right away. Next time join in on the tourney dude. I'm gonna try to join and host >_> so much wooork

Bawk: Comin thru from bklynnnnn, You always have those WTF kills that you catch me with...and the lovely thunderstorms you caught me with..when we were teaming together >_> lol fun **** though we won a set with that crazy combo...Din's fire, Ike bair... ouch...

And my Poly crew!...

Span: I got your DK too nicely with ZSS. Perhaps I'm not wasting my time in picking her up, cuz ur DK is naaasteeyyy..owns my Sheik wayy too many times lol...GGs

JTails: Played you in doubles and you weren't my teammate..WHAAAAT! Man it was bad having to see our mindgames used against me... Naaasty Ness though. ness for top tier yo.. Just gotta keep it safe and smart

Projo: TL.. o my lord, can I emphasize how much I hate that boomerang!? It's like a stealth teammate. GGs man, you took my partner, and used his awesomeness against me...

Helpr, Xeno, Rich, Arthur, Whit: Thanks for all help. Of course my Poly dudes above ^^^^ helped a lot too, but these guys right here sacrificiced a lot of their time that day to make the hosting easier and smoother. I appreciate it!

To everyone who couldn't make it... YOU MISSED OUT! Next time you have to. You just have to...

To everyone that came, but I couldn't play or meet in person... Thanks for coming I hope you had fun...

Look out for Poly Brawl 2, most likely in the Spring we'll host multiple Poly Brawls...but we must take a break...

You guys can head to BUM's Bx Weekly in the following weeks, nice venue there too. I hear he's doing Smash Melee and Smash 64 as well.. with an STD to ppl who want to stay the night.. OD...

Thanks again!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Bum's weekly doesn't have smash64. My mistake. It's Brawl, Melee and Soul Caliber 4...and yes, all nighter for casual play

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
we spectated the crap outta that, next time i'll do more than spectate.......i'll commentate as welll (jk)

CinosOA

Smash Rookie
Hey I didn't do so bad for my first tourney =X

That guy who used g&w with the wiimote: *waits for falco to shoot laser* crap he has oil panic.. RUNNN!! very entertaining match =p

Moo: you take 5 seconds away from our match and I would have won the set so just wait till next time >.<

Span: Let it be known that I never played a good DK until that day so i was kinda caught off gaurd... great DK btw

Malcolm: as a die hard sonic fan myself... it makes me proud to see someone bust so much a** with him

NinjaLink: You sooo would have pwned me if our friendly didn't get distracted *insert extreme sarcasm*

That guy with the ike: I never knew ike could move so quickly... O.o

That white metaknight player: rly good metaknight... snake could use some work though =p

ChaosMarth: I wub jooo to death dude... congrats on making top 5... but I want my $3 back =X

Vid3oGam3r:............... yeah....

BUM163

Smash Lord
thanks for support the bx weekly dmt. i wanted to come to this, but even now my lil cousin is real sick. i heard this was pretty good. why wait till the spring to do another? i'm not doing smash 64 lol. i'm doing melee, brawl and soul calibur 4 on friday. it's also an all nighter for the people that just wants to play games and chill.

my aim name is oni163

-dMT-

Smash Lord
ooo...my bad Bum, I just heard from NL (i think) in the middle of my mad multitasking about ur tournament and i remmber smash64 for some reason LOL. Perhaps cuz I was playing it on friday. Broken comb0s >_>

As for the Spring thing, we're a school club so we do our events during school semesters, and it's more likely than not, too late for another in the fall, keeping in mind all the reservation crap that has to go in before we can host such an event.

We want to host multiple Poly Brawl's in the spring however, and all of them bigger and better than the first :D

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Moo: you take 5 seconds away from our match and I would have won the set so just wait till next time >.<
perhaps. just need to be more aware of the clock... and if you did manage to beat me... i'd just have to take you out in losers ~^.^~ Fear the Twin hammers of Africa AND Europe

* mario walks by with a caged falco *

Will_Base

Smash Rookie
BSC and Ryko – always good to chill with you guys and congrats on 3rd in teams

Chaos Marth- Good set. I need some more marth practice as well, hopefully we can get some friendlies in next time we see each other at a tournament

Projo- Were you the Toon link I played? If so good set man

CinosOA – good games

Jtails – good set, and it was good to get some friendlies in. I really need to figure out how to battle Rob. Every time I walked by you were kicking *** with a completely different character. Good show

Ninjalink – speaking of kicking *** with lots of characters… Nice win

Dmtmanga – thanks for organizing this whole thing, the event was great

For anyone who wasn’t there, I just want to take a moment to point out how great this venue was. The space was huge. It was at least the size of 1.75-2 basketball courts, but with climate control on lots of comfy cushioned lounge seats. You could have 70+ people there and still have room for everyone to spin around with their arms out holding backpacks (no clue why everyone would want to, but you get the idea). They wheeled out 6 TVs for this thing, but given the space chairs, and tables, they could have easily scaled up with more people. If you have a chance to come to the next poly event you should take it.

Just in case you are wondering, I’m not getting paid to say that, just want to support tournaments in the area.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Great time, GGs to everyone i played. Do doubles first next time... starting it earlier should be fine. 3pm is too late of a starting time anyway

The venue was more than amazing. Easily one of the best i've been in, in terms of space/seating/comfort/cleanliness/school-supplied TVs/etc etc etc.

A few times per year is too few times. PAGE, please host more often !!

Top Bottom