• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC Area (Queens) Melee Smashfest - Anyone game? This Saturday, August 22

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Smashfest this SATURDAY, August 22, 2009 at my place

Start time - 12:00 PM or whenever people start showing up

Hey sup all,

I suck at smash and I want some people to play to get better.

I've been living in NYC for almost a year now, and I really don't have anyone to play melee with regularly, so I was thinking of just starting informal friendly sessions here in Manhattan with people who want to play Melee on weekends.

PM me or if I am on aim, just give me a holler and let me know if any of you guys would be interested in starting some semi-regular melee sessions. I have 1 setup with melee at my apartment so that means 4-6 people can play comfortably unless we get more setups.

Here is my address:

51-72 Manilla St.
Floor 2
Elmhurst, NY 11373

. : Google Maps Link to my Place : .

DIRECTIONS:

Coming from Manhattan to Queens:
- Option 1 : Get on an E or F train and take it all the way to Roosevelt / Jackson Heights and get off to transfer to the R or V train. Take the R or V to Grand Ave (2 stops after Roosevelt / Jackson Heights) and get off.
- Option 2: Take an R or V train the whole way to Grand Ave and get off.

Coming from Long Island/East NY to Queens:
- Take either the E or F train all the way to Forest Hills / 71st Continental and then transfer to the R or V and take that to Grand Ave.

Getting to my house from the station:
- When you get out of the station, walk towards Grand Ave and Queens Blvd and walk up Grand Ave. When you get to a fork in the road at Kneeland Ave, follow that and it turns into Manilla St. My apartment would be on the left side of the road.

Additional Info:

If anyone wants to bring a full setup with melee, let me know, since I think we can probably fit around 1-2 more setups in the apartment. There are a bunch of random restaurants close by to eat if anyone gets hungry. Wendy's and McDonalds are both pretty close by, and there is a pizza joint a couple blocks away.

HOUSE RULES:

1. Please take off your shoes in the apartment
2. No drugs, alcohol, or weed
3. Please be respectful of the stuff in the apartment and my roommates.
4. Taking a shower or at least wearing deodorant would be nice ;)
5. Just chill and have fun

Contact info:
Cell Phone: 5 0 3 - 9 3 1 - 9 6 2 4
AIM: Goldkirby

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
So, does anyone want to try for this weekend? I'm up to play some melee either day in the afternoon or evening.

Top Bottom