• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NWM! - IMPULSE Circuit! Stream is up! http://www.twitch.tv/meleepacwest

As of late, our Brawl scene has been disintegrating while simultaneously, our Melee scene has been blowing up. SO, we figured we would be able to host a regional tournament with legit attendance. Out with the new and in with the old =D So get ready to smash with the top players in the northwest and some of the most chill people you will ever meet!

NORTHWEST MANIFEST
-March 24th/25th, 2012-

Stream Link:

http://www.twitch.tv/meleepacwest

Northwest Manifest is a part of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the 2 people from this tournament (PP and California excluded) that place the highest in singles at Northwest manifest will be awarded venue fee, singles, and doubles to help them show up to IMPULSE.

If two or more people from the eligible states are tied in placing, the tie breaker is solved by who placed higher in doubles. If this is still a tie, or you teamed with that person, then a 1v1, best 2 out of 3 set will happen between those renaming players, and the winner of that gets the prize.

The winners will be registered automatically. If you wish to give your prize to someone else, then you can simply register for them. Hence we register you, while you pay for your friend when you register them, thus indirectly awarding the prize to whomever you may choose to give it too. Therefore if you can not go to IMPULSE, there is a means of transferring the prize. Failure to attend IMPULSE without transferring the prize, results in the prize going to the next person from the eligible states that placed the highest in singles. Same rules apply for the tie breaker as well.

-Tournament Info-

VENUE:

3333 184th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98037

-IMPORTANT-

The venue is where we host our monthly tournament; we ask that you treat it with the utmost respect. Which means clean up after yourself and please don't steal anything.

There will be a $5 venue fee for each day of the tournament. So $10 total.

Housing/Traveling:

I ask that no one try to arrive on Thursday before the tournament and leave no later than Monday night. Otherwise things could become very inconvenient and unreliable. If you're coming in Thursday let us know in the thread

If you are coming from outside of Washington, send me a private message and I will try to set up housing for you. People from Washington/Oregon that need housing, I can't make any promises. People from out of region have priority.

Airport:

The airport you'll have to fly into is Seatac Airport. I'm not sue if there even are any other options lol. This one is conveniently located five minutes from the venue. =)

Tournament Rules:

-Singles will include one round of pools following this format:

16 total pools, 5-6 players in each pool, top 3 advance into a 48 man bracket. Each first player who advances into the bracket with 1st seed will be given a bye first round of the bracket.

In the result of a tie:

Individual game records are not tracked. The tiebreak is based on which person beat a higher ranked person in the pool. Not higher seeded, but higher ranked based on the results of the pool. If there is a tie that this doesn't resolve (this will almost certainly be a 3-way tie but it's possible for it to be 2-way also), the tied players play a round robin of 1 game rematches (using stage striking) until the tie is broken.

-Doubles will be a bracket. The size depends on the number of teams that enter. Likely a 32 team bracket.

Schedule:

Day 1:

Registration Time: 11:00am
Doubles: 12:00pm
Singles: Near the end of or after doubles and for the rest of the day.

Day 2:

Singles bracket
Friendlies =)

Entry/Payouts:

Venue Fee: $5 for each day of the tournament. So $10 total.

Singles: $15 per person

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Doubles: $10 per team

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Side Tournament/Crew Battle: ??

In the likely event that one of these happens, we'll let you know then.

Stages:

Singles:

Starter Stage List:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Doubles:

Starter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules:

-Items are set to off.
-Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
-Pools and doubles sets will be best of 3 games with doubles finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) being best of 5 games. Singles bracket sets will be best of 5 games with finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) being best of 7 games.
-The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
-Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
-Modified Advanced Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick any stage he or she previously won on with the exception of the stage you initially struck to.
-Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages.
-Wobbling is LEGAL
-Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules For Teams Play:

Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Match Format:

0. If both players want the same controller port or seat, do rock paper scissors for it. If both, each player chooses one and first pick goes to the winner of rock paper scissors.
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

If there's any questions, let me know!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
yup here we go baby get hype!

Northwest is about to explode!!!

There are a ton of people around in the settle area that can also house people. Plus we're all homies. :D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
This tournament is gonna be LEGIT. WA Melee now pulls like ~40 people for locals, and with JUST PNW alone (Oregon, WC Canada) we could easily hit ~60 people. Just think how amazing this could be with Cali coming up in force :D!!!

You guys should set up like, carpools or whatever, start booking your tickets while they're still cheap etc. etc.

And I'm definitely down to house the homies (read: everyone) :]

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I'm probably goin

Hmm if anyone else from socal goin...road trip? 18 hrs?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I saw Melee being as big in our state as Brawl when half the people said it was a dead horse.

It seems to have eclipsed it in numbers now.

Half-prophet status?

Otto couldnt see the date of this tourney, also should do $15 or $20 entry
march 24th yo. id like to up the entry, but i just wanna make sure everyone enters.

edit: actually ill think about it. people should be able to come up with 15 bucks in 4 months haha.

edit: its 15 now. technically its the same as our monthlies since theres no venue fee for this.

ima try and go, if i do il need housing
aight. will it just be you? where are you coming from?

JOE i see you. hope you come =)

cmin

Smash Ace
DAMN! this is gonna be suuuuuper fun. Most of oregon will probably come to this, I sure as hell am

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
think back, joe. think baaackk to those good times

yessss joe you must come

edit: OMG adam and sheridan yes come plz

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hopefully not just Oregon, but B.C. smashers will make it.

So hype, I need to seriously hit up the hyperbolic for this.

keeper

Smash Champion
Good stage list.

You should put a map thing in the OP showing how close Tukwila is to the nearest bigger city or something, like Vancouver (WA) or Seattle.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Haha I don't think it's a matter of who's driving (we'll take turns probably) but it's the fact that we have to be in there for 18 hours LOOOOL

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Haha I don't think it's a matter of who's driving (we'll take turns probably) but it's the fact that we have to be in there for 18 hours LOOOOL
Liking dat avatar

man we could even run a side tourney for another game. A racer, a card game, a shooter or something that would be filllty. Cuz the tourney itself is only gonna take a day, and I'm sure people coming might plan to come for that weekend so we would have spare time to kick it.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Liking dat avatar

man we could even run a side tourney for another game. A racer, a card game, a shooter or something that would be filllty. Cuz the tourney itself is only gonna take a day, and I'm sure people coming might plan to come for that weekend so we would have spare time to kick it.
Expanding on this: if people are in town for an extra day (like if you're leaving sunday or whatever) then let's kick it in downtown Seattle or something! We could go to Pike Place and do stupid touristy things or party on Capitol Hill or the U-District!! FIELD TRIP WITH CALI HOMIES!!!!1

MasterC

Smash Ace
^BC WILLLLLL have like 10 ppl at this!! Lol you guys better, no excuses since its announced 4 months in advance and he's offering housing :p

Otto/Andy: lemme kno if you guys need setups or fire or whatever haha def down to do fat parties/touristy stuff with OOS peeps too xD

:phone:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Liking dat avatar

Marvel? or bomberman 64 on an emulator or something. we could do teams, aka that jewel ****. best of 3. and best of 5 for finals.

^BC WILLLLLL have like 10 ppl at this!! Lol you guys better, no excuses since its announced 4 months in advance and he's offering housing :p

Otto/Andy: lemme kno if you guys need setups or fire or whatever haha def down to do fat parties/touristy stuff with OOS peeps too xD

:phone:
yeah im def need some set ups. well have like 6 tvs and 4 cubes/wiis at our house so well need like 5-6 more tvs and hella cubes. we got that easy tho

edit: yo quit talking about other games you ****s. well figure that out when the time comes. all hype on melee plz

Vista

Smash Journeyman
omg

joe and jeff you haveeeeeee to come

we can buy a pineapple and everything :D:D

Top Bottom