• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nutsy Bolts: The free, online Apples to Apples!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Nutsy Bolts

Naturally, you have questions. I'll try my best to answer.

What is Apples to Apples?

Apples to Apples is a card game currently published by Mattel. A deck of cards with various nouns is dealt around to each player. One player is selected to be the judge of that round, and draws a card with an adjective. The remaining players then select a card with a noun that is either completely unfitting or is perfectly described by the adjective. Depending on the judge's sense of humor, anything can win at any given time.

How are players selected to be the judge?

In the actual card game, someone has to volunteer for the first round, but the winner of each round is selected to be the judge for the next. In Nutsy Bolts, the judge is randomly selected, but no one person ever goes twice in a row.

So, anything goes?

Yes. Last night's Light House game brought us some delightful new inside jokes such as Easy Girl Scouts and Patriotic Hurricane Katrina. You can also create a custom deck for the game.

What if I don't know who a person is? Or what the adjective means?

Under every card, there is a link that will open a new tab to the Wikipedia page of the person or object in your hand. Clicking the adjective at the top will open the Wiktionary page for the word in question.

Are there any issues I should be aware of?

The game's servers are a bit unstable, but this usually clears within a few minutes and shouldn't happen very often. Sometimes, the game will deal one card to two players, resulting in the same card being played twice in the same round. There is also a limit of 269 adjectives in the game, so you can only play a maximum of 269 rounds.

Now go! Desecrate the English language!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Easy Girl Scouts, sounds nice to me!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'd like to take this chance to say that Apples to Apples is the worst game ever conceived by mankind. Why anyone would ever want to play this game is beyond me. There is literally no way to win at this game consistently. And don't give me any of that "It all depends on how well you know the judge" bull****, either.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'd like to take this chance to say that Apples to Apples is the worst game ever conceived by mankind. Why anyone would ever want to play this game is beyond me. There is literally no way to win at this game consistently. And don't give me any of that "It all depends on how well you know the judge" bull****, either.
That's what makes it fun!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Oh man, I love nutsy bolts. Can't count how may hours I've spent messing around on it with friends.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's what makes it fun!
No Serris, he plays to win. ;)

Oh man, I love nutsy bolts. Can't count how may hours I've spent messing around on it with friends.
You should join us! I'll re-add you on AIM when I create a new account but you should also create a Skype and join in on the calls! :)

And that was a pretty good game last night, tied 1st with Riddle w/9 points. :bee:

BSP

Smash Legend
I never get close to winning, but the game is just too much fun that I don't care lol

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
id be interested in playing it, but i dont have a mic atm so idk how thatd work...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh man I'd definitely be in for games of this, I love this type of thing. The original apples to apples has personally spawned the joked "Phony Challenger Explosions."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh man I'd definitely be in for games of this, I love this type of thing. The original apples to apples has personally spawned the joked "Phony Challenger Explosions."
I tried adding you on Skype but there is a few people by the same username as you. D:

Add me so I can add you to the chat/calls when we play!

Top Bottom