• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sydney Smash Presents!
Power Rankings version 5.00000001337; May - August 2010

Previous PR Players
FTS (Donkey Kong) [v1]
Bjay [v2]
D0N [v2.1]
ILAG [v3.0]
S.D [4.0 ; ranked 9th]
Silfa [5.0 ; ranked 10th]

Panelists
Shaya
tedeth
Zero
Luke Atyeo

Mission Statement
Via the power rankings, we envision to instill a furthered sense of competition and to inspire the members of our community to reach and maintain the highest skill level possible, for the betterment of our scene.
Placements are decided by the New South Wales region's resident players over all ability in the 'highest level' available in the tournament scene. Through placement and their abilities to best over other skilled players over a period of time.
Our goal is to take away engimatic tendancies in players to disolve a list of the best currently active players in the scene. We consider all tournaments in the region and those tournaments our regions players have participated elsewhere.

Word of warning
No Trolling.
However, any one player (or representative...) is more than welcome in arguing why they should be above another, or if someone else should be in the top 10. Please argue properly, not just "WHY ARENT I IN ITZ".
Whilst we have listed reasons/evidence for individual placements, those will not be made public. However we may provide instances of our evidence of 'why' if a person argues their point properly.

OLD:
2 ; 2.1
3.0 ; 3.1
4.0 5

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Good ****, I'm impressed. I like the whole mission statement thing you guys have going, and I have no complaints with the initial rankings.

... Might wanna fix the jaggies in the logo though. xP

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
a pokemon trainer?? in second place???? new south wales must be really terrible...........

good **** toby :D

Toby.

Smash Master
Sounds like someone went into the PT backroom and was like "look at me!"

Anyway Toby, I'm coming for your second placing. :)

Toby in the PT BR said:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242843

lololololololol
I think that the fact I'm second is a bit of a joke. Jokes are meant to be shared :bee:

edit after typh post: number one on international player tier list? yessssssssssssssss

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I will destroy any trolls in this thread, and anyone debating the merit of a power ranking.
Feel free to debate whether one person should be above the other and what not however.

In the mean time, I assume you've presented the list as a picture, as I can't see it (it's probably being blocked by my work). Good job making a power ranking, now I wanna make for QLD as well (Much less effort than the Player Points ranking lol).

We'll see.

:056:

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
can toby and i still flirt here or will you infract me for that too

edit: ****

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
****, if I attended some meets this year, I may have had a shot at getting in this (probably not a good one, but meh, it's a what-if anyway >.>;;). Time to start clawing my way back into the scene! ROY ROY ROY!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wouldn't have infracted you typh <3
San Diego Forum Looooooove.

What is it, a top 10?
Can someone type out the list for meeeeeeee
+ Characters

Toby.

Smash Master
shaya = Marth + Dedede
I use le pokemons.
ted uses wolf and wario
sd uses diddy and pit
scoot uses MK, snake and falco
ricky uses ness and lucas, although the picture only has ness
luke = snake
bajy = wario
zero = zero suit samus
fts = DK

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The panel created this list reasonably fast; due to the three panelists that went to the United States plus Toby having quite a lengthy discussion on this and giving us rough estimates of who should be in the list and their placements.

This was of course reinforced recently, as well as having Zero's opinions added into the mix.
There was heated debate over some placements, mostly being 'this person should be above this person'. But we hoped our ability to discern consistancy made zah best list possible at this time.

As Vyse said, no trollanz, but any one player (or representative...) is more than welcome in arguing why they should be above another, or if someone else should be in the top 10. Please argue properly, not just "WHY ARENT I IN ITZ".
Whilst we have listed reasons/evidence for individual placements, those will not be made public. However we may provide instances of our evidence of 'why' if a person argues their point properly.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I hate having to argue for I_LAG. However considering he's more active than FTS as well as having placings equal to FTS and defeating people on the power rankings. I reckon ILAG should have 10th spot. He's outplaced 9th spot in tournament, defeated 8th in tournament AND outplaced him, as well as being tied with 6th spot in one tournament.

That's a slight argument to ILAG being 10th anyhow.

Swapping Bjay and Zero imo is another good choice. Bjay's 3rd place is slightly outdated now, and considering he's lost to ILAG in a tournament match and Zero (as of yet, if at all) hasn't. Zero's CONSISTENT placings and tournaments range between 5-7. Where Bjay has been on a solid drop. (Sorry Bjay, still <3 you)

Zero

Smash Hero
Because of the time period used to gather results, Bjay has been placed over myself, scoring a Top 3 position at SCARISATOOL. Due to the similar time period, FTS was placed over Scar because of an equal placing at a higher skilled event.

The first list will always be a little odd, but as results come in, it will become more streamlined and correct. Needs more NSW tournaments :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I remember when this scene didn't even exist. You can't have MORE tournaments. You're already outputting more than ever lol.

Zero

Smash Hero
We can so and you'll watch us. :D

We'll even have Melty Blood tournaments, with the real Miyako there. But you're not invited. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SCAR's recent placement came on the verge of the cut off point for the dates.
Out of two tournaments he's entered that were considered; both being Western Sydney; one he forfeitted after making it out of pools (giving scoot entry and his 7th placement) and the other he placed 5th.
The latter having less than normal amount of entrants; especially lacking two prominant tournament goers.

FTS came 5th at a tournament with -many- power ranking players attending (only one not there was Luke).
The 10th spot is contested between FTS and two other players; the panel chose FTS after discussion, however.

Whilst Bjay's results may be slumping over time; he has pulled off victories against Power Ranked players above him.

The two factors surrounding ILAG and Bjay's recent performances will be considered a lot more in the next list.
Remain consistant and the power rankings will reflect this.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
SCAR's recent placement came on the verge of the cut off point for the dates.
Out of two tournaments he's entered that were considered; both being Western Sydney; one he forfeitted after making it out of pools (giving scoot entry and his 7th placement) and the other he placed 5th.
The latter having less than normal amount of entrants; especially lacking two prominant tournament goers.

FTS came 5th at a tournament with -many- power ranking players attending (only one not there was Luke).
The 10th spot is contested between FTS and two other players; the panel chose FTS after discussion, however.

Whilst Bjay's results may be slumping over time; he has pulled off victories against Power Ranked players above him.

The two factors surrounding ILAG and Bjay's recent performances will be considered a lot more in the next list.
Remain consistant and the power rankings will reflect this.

turtle comes 5th in everything and is aus brawl doubles champ with s.d almost a crime to leave him off the list but on a serious note why not kulla?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Argue about them when we've had 2 or 3 tourneys, not now ._.

I like these rankings but I doubt they'll stay like this.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I like the way the OP is set up, makes me want to make one myself.

I have one question Shaya.
Why does Sydney have pools for their tournaments? How many entrants are u getting like 60+? This applies for all states who have pools (i think melbourne does also). Considering the entrants are around the 35 mark, it just doesn't sound like having pools is needed imo.
Is it due to time constraints?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pools with that amount of entrants is usually counterproductive.

It's just pools are the best way to ensure all entrants get a good amount of tournament matches, to keep those players interested/coming back.

I think the TOs prefer organising the "friendlies" rather than leaving it to them to take all the TVs and disrupt the flow of the rest of the tournament.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
gah just wait till i start coming to tournies again..

agaisnt zero...(contending for 9th spot here) ive only played him once at the hunter tournie and im 1 up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom