• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSTIV - Sabadell, Barcelona - 30 & 31 October

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

Introduction:
The most important tournament series of Spain is back this fall with NSTIV, gathering players for both smash bros. Melee and Brawl from all across Spain as well as some special guests from other countries. Don't miss the Spanish tournament of the year!

With a 90% chance the tournament will be held in Sabadell (Barcelona), the same venue used for NSTIII and other tourneys of the region. In about a week, the first days of September, the location will be 100% confirmed ( they're on vacation right now, but we've already talked to them and they'll be happy to lend us their venue once again, we just need to tell them the exact dates). The venue is really close to the train station '' Sabadell Centre''. I'll write some detailed info on how to get there when it's confirmed.

Dates and timetables:
The event is planned this way.
Friday 29th of October: The venue opens at afternoon/evening, we set up everything, people who's already there pays there fees, friendlies are played and everyone can sleep in the venue.
Saturday 30th of October: The rest of people will get to the tourney and we'll close sign-ups at about 11:00. Then, Brawl Singles will start. After pools end, we'll have a stop to eat and we'll be back with the singles brackets. After singles we'll start teams and it'll continue until night, at around 22:00 or 23:00. If by then the event hasn't finished, and some of the players still in want to wait until Sunday morning, that's what we'll do.
Sunday 31st of October: At 11:00 Melee singles sign-ups will close and we'll be back with teams if they aren't finished. After teams finish there will be brawl crews ( International crews if enough people come, if not we'll just have some captains chose people and do crews to have fun). Finally when Melee singles is ending, Melee teams will start as the last event.
You'll be able to sleep on the venue on sunday just like last year so you can leave early Monday.

Fees:
Brawl Singles: 7 euros
Brawl Teams: 5 euros per player
Venue fee: unknown for now, last year was like 3 or 4 euros but we didn't get the venue on friday, so a bit higher
Melee Singles : 5 euros
Melee teams: 5 euros per player
Maybe not the highest fees ever but this will make a lot more people enter and the pot will prolly be bigger.

Rules:
Brawl: 3 stock, 8 min. Items off and set to none.
Stage striking between: Lylat, Yoshi's, BF, FD and SV.
Counterpicks: Halberd, Delfino, Stadium, Castle Siege, Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon
One ban per player
Dave stupid rule
Best of 3 except Best of 5 in finals, maybe we'll have best of 5 before finals, soon info about this.
No stalling, if times run out the winner is decided by stock then by %.

Melee: 4 stocks, 8 minutes. items off.
Stage striking between: FD, BF, YS, Stadium and Dreamland.
Counterpicks: Kongo jungle, fountain of dreams.
One ban per player
Dave stupid rule
Best of 3 except Best of 5 in finals, maybe we'll have best of 5 before finals, soon info about this.
No stalling, if times run out the winner is decided by stock then by %.

Extra rules for teams:
RPS to decide ports, colors or wathever.
Team attack on

Housing:

If you need it any other day, post it here, there's a lot of people able to house someone in Barcelona.

Original post here: http://smashbrosspain.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=2946 , list of entrants at the bottom of first post.

list of interested players

Brawl:
Marcbri
naT
Hikotsu
El_Bardo
Robo~Luigi
Talvi
Bardorrible el latino
LeX
Miquel0123
Arek
NeMo
Kaji
Joseph
Edu
Phyr
Lion
Rydle
NeJi
Nexoult
Kanna
Jpwner
NaZe
Urulok
Seton
Arnold
Joannett88
FotuRAN
Borja
Madnesspaco
Ewil
Peak
Redrix
Kev-Ab
IAFOX
Grinpis
TaSe
Miyu
Cp2
Slyon
Heavy
Blackshadows
Sax
Raw!
Kirzo
Saix

Melee:
Marcbri
Hikotsu
El_Bardo
Robo~Luigi
Talvi
NeMo
Phyr
Lion
Rydle
Urulok
Jpwner
Joannett88
Ynae
LDN
Kev-Ab
Borja
Grinpis
TaSe
Cp2
R10
Heavy
Naruto_Naru
Bardorrible el latino
Saix
Sax
Raw!
Over
K-12

Strawhat Dahean ( may not enter the events, but is interested in coming)

OOC list ( not sure about the games they want to enter)
FlayL
NGFC
Leon
Achoral
Staco
Mr.R
Chair
iStudying
Kasper!
Kaos
Orion
Pepito
AshuRawRun
Rocky
AJP_Anton
Rybaia
Moko
trinity
chiko
Ice

Brawl Teams:
Edu + Death_Alex
NeJi + Nexoult
Miquel0123 + Bardorrible
Grinpis + TaSe

Melee teams:
Ynae + LDN
Heavy + Uruu
NeMo + Urulok
Bardorrible + Hikotsu
Saix + Phyr
There ya go, hope to see you there

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
I'm intersted but not many chance I'll go to this... (like 10% chance so not many hopes but I'm intersted)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Man, danish holidays are right before this. >_>

I'll still see if I can do something to come.
It's also pretty expensive going to. But a brawl and melee tournament would be nice just to see how good some of the actual good danish brawlers would do at an international. I'd probably rather wait for a tournament having both a bit closer... Unless this becomes really big.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Im going if many ppl attend melee.

But seriously no ****ing smoking in the local and hope we get housing this time (with someone)

Wtf no melee teams? D:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Found ~10€ flights there, and so far maybe 40€ back.

But too little Melee, and last time people smoke inside the venue. And the housing...

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Finally a Tourney i can attend xD

xDDD

Found ~10€ flights there, and so far maybe 40€ back.

But too little Melee, and last time people smoke inside the venue. And the housing...

Well, answering this, we've been talking and it's likely we'll do melee teams, we just need some more people to ask for them so we don't have an 8 teams tourney like at the melee tourneys we've had in 2010 where no one wanted to enter teams.

About smoking, it'll be forbidden this time, I didn't know about it myself because no one in the area smoke so we did no rule about it. I think the few players that smoke can go outside for a couple of minutes.

and yes, I know that place isn't exactly nice to be at, but it's where we do our smashfest since most people were already housing like 4 or 5 players. However this time we'll open the venue on friday so people are not that housing dependant.

10 euros flights is really really cheap O_o

Greward

Smash Lord
ajp come, we can try to clean the housing if players request it (well i wont clean it but some random like Uruu probably would)

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
About smoking, it'll be forbidden this time, I didn't know about it myself because no one in the area smoke so we did no rule about it. I think the few players that smoke can go outside for a couple of minutes.
Last time it sure was horrible. No moar smoking ! <3

Staco

Smash Champion
Ill check if there are any cheap flights from germany to spain.
But we then need some interpreters for the tourney, since the spains english is bottom tier. :laugh:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
The only thing the Spanish have to do is start trying to articulate rather than try to bend the tempo of their English to their usual no-nonsense high speed chattering.

I mean what the ****, those guys talk as fast as they read.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Spanish dudes I need an answer ASAP:

Tickets from Lisbon to Madrid are really really cheap compared to flying to Barcelona. Is it possible for anybody that lives in Madrid to give us a ride to Barcelona and back at the end of the tournament? We pay our share of the gas money of course.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I dunno if anyone from Madrid will be going by car, they use to come with bus ( 50 euros round trip).

Although meleers from madrid may come by car, I'll ask around. how many of you would there be?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
50 bucks. What the ****.

That's almost Amsterdam-Paris. 15 bucks from one end of Barcelona to the other as well, now I'm curious: how much is Madrid-Barcelona by train?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Girona or Reus are not really part of Barcelona, they're kinda far.

Madrid-barcelona by train is just ****, since only ave ( high velocity train) does that trip, it's extremely expensive.

Actually last time I went to Madrid I took a flight for 70 euros ( and it was a known/usually expensive airline) and the ones who went by train paid about 100-110.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Sorry, I forgot to answer that one, We had never been told there's a max, but the venue is big enough so we won't have space problems at all.

last year there were about 80 brawl entrants and 60 melee entrants, with more than 100 different people in total.

Top Bottom