• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSO Speculation: Will future deals involve Ultimate and/or potential DLC (amiibos, maybe)?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The Nintendo Switch Online Service presentation explained that there would be "special deals" involved with a subscription. No deals have been announced so far. With the NES simulator, Nintendo has made it possible for them to ship classical NES themed controllers to subscribers. I feel like these deals could be involved:
  • Pre-ordering Ultimate for a smaller price with a subscription
  • Getting discounted/free DLC (if Ultimate will have any)
  • Nintendo shipping one or more amiibos to subscribers
I think that these may be likely so Nintendo can boost the marketing of NSO and make it up to some of the people who are still miffed about the service (and anyone still miffed by December).

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
The Nintendo Switch Online Service presentation explained that there would be "special deals" involved with a subscription. No deals have been announced so far. With the NES simulator, Nintendo has made it possible for them to ship classical NES themed controllers to subscribers. I feel like these deals could be involved:
  • Pre-ordering Ultimate for a smaller price with a subscription
  • Getting discounted/free DLC (if Ultimate will have any)
  • Nintendo shipping one or more amiibos to subscribers
I think that these may be likely so Nintendo can boost the marketing of NSO and make it up to some of the people who are still miffed about the service (and anyone still miffed by December).

Sounds like a great theory you have there, I was also thinking as an incentive, maybe NSO subscribers could probably get DLC for free or at a reduced price, I know free is kind of a stretch, but reduced price sounds more likely.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It seems reasonable for Nintendo to ship products other than the NES emulator controllers to subscribers. That's why I though they might ship amiibo or even subscription exclusive amiibo. It would be one more way for them to try to market NSO.

Top Bottom