• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now We're Playing With Power!" ~ Create the next generation of Nintendo!

Should we rebrand Nintendo at all?

• Yes, we should rebrand Nintendo, be it slightly or entirely.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, we should not rebrand Nintendo.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • --

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Hello! This is my first post here.

I had an idea for a forum game where we basically make our own generation of Nintendo content. This would include coming up with ideas for a new console, new games, new merchandise, and other Nintendo-related content. If anyone's interested, then we can try this game out. Hopefully, no one else has done this. If they have, oh well. :mario:

~ Blue

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright! Looks like we got some replies! Great to hear. So, lemme give out the first job. This one's all about rebranding! We'll be doing this similar to the INFINITE project, where people first give out ideas, then said ideas are voted for. Whichever idea has the most votes wins!

In the case of this job, however, the first thing to decide on is if we want a rebrand or not. If no is voted for more, this concludes the job, and we can skip to the next part. If yes is voted for more, then we get into the second part where we come up with ideas for rebranding.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think the way the switch is being marketed is perfectly fine and I think it should stay. It might depend on what the next console is/games are though.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I feel like at least a little rebranding is necessary. If we market the Switch's successor the exact same way we did with the Switch then it'd just feel like more of the same to the mainstream audience.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
...Aaand the polls have closed!

It looks like we're at a tie, so I'll go ahead and determine the winning choice randomly!
---
...And "No Rebranding" wins! This means that the branding of Nintendo will stay as the fun, sleek, aesthetic we've always seen! If we decide that we want to change this later on, then we will! The next job will arrive soon, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
NEW JOBS!
...Woo! Greetings, all! It's time for your next jobs. Our next step will be designing a console! This is split into two jobs. Designing it externally, and designing it internally! I'll be giving y'all a week until we decide what will be kept. Until then, feel free to throw ideas in the pot. Adios! :starman:

~ Blue

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
An idea for Job #2:
The main system menu!

Unlike the bland, boring menu of the Switch, this new console will return to the happier days of the Wii U and 3DS with a menu that looks and sounds fun! A large, 3D environment will house all of your games, each represented by an object you can interact with to start said game. For example, a new Mario Kart may be represented by a large Kart, a new Pokémon may be represented by a statue of the mascot legendary, etc. Whichever disc/cartridge is currently inserted into the system will always be placed front and center. Otherwise, you’ll have to walk around a bit to find what you’re looking for. But you can always put your favorites up in the front!

Furthermore, each new game you add to your library adds new characters who will populate this environment! An all-star cast of characters from throughout your personal collection will be there to greet you, and they can also be responsible for giving you news updates pertaining to their home games. A brand-new mascot character could also exist to talk about system updates and represent some of the basic applications such as the eshop and Mii Maker.

And each game could also provide background menu music! You could choose a favorite, or let it pick one at random!

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Only one day left until the suggestions window for Job #2 is closed! Get in your ideas while ya can!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
...Aaand time's up!
Sadly, not many suggestions, but not to worry! There's still the discussion phase. There was only one idea given, but it can still be discussed!
-"Torgo the Bear's" System Menu Idea!
Along with this, maybe a more active discussion would help to form an idea for this new console.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Yeah sorry, I’ve been thinking about it but I’ve just had a hard time coming up with an idea for a console so far. I’ll try to think of one and submit it by tomorrow though.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright. So it's looking like ideas are scarce. So how about I fill up the empty idea cabinet?
Job #2: The Nintendo Switch X

I think that Nintendo has already to a step in the right direction with the Nintendo Switch. Its versatility allows you to bring it anywhere, which is a lot more convenient than other consoles. Additionally, there's a lot of history packed into the console. It's got a touchscreen, motion controls, HD rumble. You really could say that this is Nintendo consoles at their peak. I think that the best idea would be to go for an upgraded version of what's already a stellar idea. Simple improvements to features such as the rumble, joy-con drift, and motion controls could be made. In addition, the X could be backwards compatible with existing Switch games and peripherals.

Anyway, the ideas...
- Idea #1: The Joy-Con X
The joycons are by far my main issue with the Switch. While I'm probably the only person I know that is comfortable using them, I see where people are coming from when they say they're way too small. Additionally, the joy-cons are very flat, unlike the more rounded run-of-the-mill controllers which allow for a much more comfortable grip. My solution to this! The Joy-Con X!

*For Reference
These joy-cons have a design similar to ones like the Pro Controller and Dual Shock, being much rounder so that the hands can grasp it more comfortably. When taken off, they will also be much more comfortable when playing with motion controls (e.g. Wii Sports). Though, there is one slight problem. If a person holds these joy-cons sideways, they'll have a pretty hard time using them. The rounded ends will make that form of play pretty uncomfy. So then, how do we fix this?

My idea is to use the tool used to connect the joy-cons to form a traditional controller.

With the rounded ends of the Joy-Con X, this tool won't need the grippable ends anymore. This makes it much smaller, able to take in a case that holds your switch. Two of these tools should come with the console so that 2 players can play. A case or carrier should come with it as well.

- Idea #2: Improved Specs
This is a pretty grey area between an internal or external console design, but it is related to the physical console, so why not. As someone who had a PlayStation as his first console, I'm a little sad that the Switch doesn't have that level of specs yet. The Switch being able to run something like BoTW with PS4-level graphics and 4K would be awesome. This is a pretty simple request, so there isn't much to elaborate on... heh...

Now, that's what I have for the external features. As for the internal features...
- Idea #1: Mii Plaza
I feel like the Miis were done dirty when the Switch came out. Gone were the different ways you could interact with these little goobers in the Mii Plaza. Instead, they're just avatars used in little to no games, now. How about we fix that. In this new version of the Mii Plaza, you can do things in the previous iteration, such as picking up Miis, organizing them in different ways, making them form a parade, and so forth. One idea I have is giving your Miis certain personalities. They could be shy, playful, a total jerkwad... This can affect their animations and possible interactions between Miis in the plaza. In addition to this, maybe you could give them certain objects, such as a book, sports ball, or graffiti. How the Miis use these objects are different based on their personalities. But... why just stop at Miis. Maybe you can put pets in the plaza! Say different types of dogs, cats, fish, or birds! Perhaps you could customize their look and give them outfits just like Miis! The possibilities with this little playground are endless, and I'd love to see it make a return.

- Idea #2: Menu Themes
As of right now, the Switch's menu is very boring and bland. Additionally, there's no way to customize it! Why isn't this a thing?! This would allow the user to give so much personality to their Switch. Anyway, here's how it will work. You'll be given a few backgrounds to work with for free. The rest of them require purchase. Some of these themes can be original, while others can be references. Why not a background based on Hanafuda Cards? Or a BotW background that resembles the Sheikah slate? How about a vaporwave-themed background, with references to various Nintendo characters?!

- Idea #3: Virtual Console
Another idea raised from the dead is the virtual console. This feature allowed you to play old games on previous Nintendo consoles. With the Wii eShop closed, we're left with the crappy Wii U for that juicy retro content. Simply another reason for one to ditch it. The idea's simple. The VC games you buy will be organized into a submenu depending on what console the game originated on. The consoles would be...
  • NES
  • Game Boy
  • SNES
  • Game Boy Color & Advance
  • GameCube
  • Wii
Plus, these retro games will be priced at around 20-40 dollars. Not much! More games will be added to the virtual console shop as time passes.

- Idea #4: Switch Social Media?
Inspired by Scott the Woz's idea, why not give Switch users a way to interact with one another? In this social media app on the console, you could post as you do on social media, via text, videos, or images. Users can reply to these posts and react with regular or Nintendo-themed emotes. Perhaps the drawing feature present in Miiverse could come back! This app would come free with the console, with no charges! Perhaps polls and forums could also be made on this app!

That's about all of my ideas lmao... I'll see if I can come up with more, but lemme know your thoughts on em'!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I just came up with a few more ideas. I think these will be all tho.
- Idea #5: Soundtrack Albums
One thing about Nintendo is that there is never a safe way to listen to their music. If you listen to it through an uploader channel on YouTube, chances are it'll get taken down. On the other hand, they don't seem to release any legal ways to listen to their music in the west, so why not fix that? My idea is that with each game you purchase, you will be able to listen to its soundtrack through an in-console app similar to iTunes or Spotify. These soundtracks will definitely be available for first-party games, console exclusives, and retro content. Perhaps you can even sneak in some unused tracks in there.

If you want to listen to a soundtrack without buying a game, you can purchase it for a minimal amount, around $2.99 to $3.99.

- Idea #6: Return of the Homebrew Feature
Straight from the Wii, I think it's about time for Nintendo to start supporting mods. In this app, you'll be able to browse and download mods for your favorite games. They'll all be for free, so browse and download to your heart's content. Users can upload their own mods, but they'll need to pass through a check by Nintendo to make sure they're appropriate and up to quality.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Imma put up a poll to decide if these features should be kept or not. Then, we can move to the next job lmao.

Tryna figure out how to change the title and questions tho.

Last edited:
Job 2:
Nintendo Fold

Nintendo Fold is 9th Generation Console that it's gimmick is about Folding the Console. The Nintendo Fold is portable Console and his huge similarities to Switch, but it doesn't have Joycons, but it you can Fold it like you can close the Console like a book or Fold a Console to make it like Controller for TV mode.
Nintendo Fold also has some special Peripheral that can allow you to link to TV to make it more like Switch, but the Peripheral can't Fold like the Portable version of Console.
You can also Fold the Controls to hide them to make the Console on "Watch mode".
The Gimmick is Foldable screen and even whole portable mode console, which doesn't have 2 screens, but it has huge foldable screen.

Nintendo Fold is developed by Nintendo while it was Partnering with Samsung to make the first Foldable Gaming Console in Gaming History. Nintendo Fold is also next step to the Future of Gaming that could change the whole history of it while going to the next level.
I know it could be very impossible idea, but the Console could be released in 2023 or 2024, so there is gonna be time for testing the new gimmick.

The Console also has other features taken from Switch, but also taken from Older Consoles like Wii's Motion controls when you Fold your Console like a Wiimote.

Idea 2:
Streaming Service

Streming Service could comeback on Nintendo Fold like it used be Netflix, since you can fold the console to make it like Tablet-sized TV while watching Netflix, Disney + or Hulu.
They are appearing as already installed apps to make it like Wii U, but better.

Idea 3:
The Nintendo Fold controller:

The controller would be similar to Nintendo Switch, but you can Fold It. Nuff said.

The Pro Controller has similar to other Nintendo Pro controllers and Non-Nintendo consoles like XBOX or Playstation, but you can fold it to make it more comfortable to play. Also Folding your Controller can make it fit into your pocket if you wanted to play.
Also, there is a medium screen on it to make it like Gamepad from Wii U, since we're are in Future.

(Did I followed the Prompt or what?)

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, the polls have closed and the winning options have been decided.
---
NINTENDO SWITCH X: 3 VOTES (75%)
NINTENDO FOLD: 1 VOTE (25%)

The Nintendo Switch X Wins!
---
Additionally, these features will be kept!
- Mii Plaza (4 Votes)
  • Menu Themes (4 Votes)
  • Virtual Console (4 Votes)
  • Switch Social Media (4 Votes)
  • Soundtrack Albums (4 Votes)
  • Homebrew (3 Votes)

The console has now been decided and is now in production. Now then, we'll need some launch games to kick this thing off, right?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mii Racing!
A racing game starring Miis, using a top-down perspective so heads can be seen. Race through Wuhu Island and visit a variety of new islands. The higher processing power would allow for battle royale-sized 50 player races online - however, you can always play a standard 8-player race and the big races aren't mandatory for story mode. Just as story mode isn't mandatory to unlock content. Homebrew would be used to allow fully customisable cars and tracks - so you can race your Mii in any car and any world you'd want so long as you have basic 3D modelling skills! There'd be a seperate custom courses anonymous server for online from the main and battle royale servers, though it wouldn't have a battle royale option and custom cars would be allowed on all modes. Makeup from Miitopia would return, and custom voice acting for each Mii would be present. There would be a variety of items, but rather than being randomly placed you can select 3 at the beginning of a race and then a meter will charge up one; when it is used another meter appears for the next item, and so on. There would, obviously, be sharing for custom content.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 3

Tomodachi Society

A Sequel to Tomodachi life that is bigger and better. You find an island, the island layouts are somewhat randomized and you are introduced to the new mechanic. City Building, The first building you would place would be an apartment where your Mii would move in, The Mii Maker is very reminiscent of Miitopia on the Switch. from here you can introduce new miis into the apartment and much like Tomodachi life and Collection you interact and play games with your mii to earn money and with money you can build roads, introduce new buildings and venues like the Concert Hall and the Pawn Shop and many other new building like the Boat House where you and your miis can rent boats to drive around the waters of the island or the Golf course where you and your miis can play rounds of golf and many many decorations that you can see your Miis admiring. A major staple of Tomodachi life is the romance aspect, Once 2 miis (Regardless of Gender, In fact Gender wouldn't exist it would be handled like in Animal Crossing New Horizons) get together and get married they can move into a house that you are in charge of placing, You can also help decorate their houses exterior and interior and you can even upgrade the houses. To Appreciate the city you create you can see your Miis on the world map walking around and talking and occasionally you can interact with them to gain insight into their personal lives and play even more mini games that incorporate the new functions of the system like HD rumble and Motion controls. If you connect to online you can send out Travellers to other islands and you can even visit other islands.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
The Tale of Mii

What do you get when you combine Miitopia, Game Builder Garage, and add a dash of Windows 3D Movie Maker? You get The Tale of Mii. The primary goal is for the player to customize the game itself like how they customize Miis. Customization is pretty much the same as Miitopia on the Switch. Prepackaged with the game is a collection of "Tales". Which are like games in of themselves all starring your Miis. The Tales have various gameplay styles, locations, and themes. One could be set in a fantasy world where a knight is exploring a mysterious magical cave. Another could be more stealthy and feature a group of master thieves out to take back what's rightfully theirs. And another could be about a businessman who overslept and has to make a mad dash in order to not be late for work.

The main draw of the game is the "Tale Editor", an in-depth creator for these tales. You can create Miis to fill the roles of playable characters and NPCs. In addition to the makeup and wigs from Miitopia, clothing options are bigger than ever. Shirts, pants, helmets, masks, shoes, and more can be equipped on Miis. These can be used to make various characters to populate your tales. Now that the characters have been made, it's time to script them. The game uses a basic, yet flexible block-based programming language. And it's not just the Miis you can customize, you can script just about anything from items to the terrain. With scripting done, now comes the building. The game has a few settings for the point of view, for example: 2D, third person, and isometric. The builder is where your creation finally comes to life. It has an interface somewhat similar to Mario Maker, with the entities you've scripted, you can build the game of your dreams. And it doesn't even have to be a game, you are also able to make movies. Just make the Tale one long cutscene and your story is ready for the big screen.

And finally, the Tale Browser. An online platform for users to share the Tales that they have made to the world. With this, players can comment feedback, rate tales, and make their own variations of other user's Tales. The Tale of Mii aims to be a launch title to captivate players early with an expansive creation tool.

Job 3:
Mii Warfare!

"Mii Warfare" is a First Person shooter that has similarities to Call of Duty, Splatoon and other FPS games. The game was made by Nintendo while they were making another Shooter title, but they picked Miis instead and made a shooting game with them.
"Mii Warfare" has a also Battle Royale mode that is similar to Fortnite's, but you can't build in this game, this is a Mii Shooting game, not Mii Fortnite.

"Mii Warfare" had unique customization like in Miitopia on Switch (Due to Make Ups) and Super Smash Bros (Due to Costumes) and you can costumize your Mii whatever you want to let him fight on Battlefield.
Miis have also Weapons, but they're cartoonish like AK-47 or even RPG Rocket Launcher. The Weapons have cartoonish aesthetic like in Fortnite, but they're more little bit cartooniah Due to being a Game for Kids and Adults.

"Mii Warfare" has also Matches similar to Call of Duty, but the Miis don't die, but they faint like Pokemon after getting shot too many times with a gun. Melee Combat also exists in this game in form of Punching, Kicking, stabbing or etc. when you don't have gun or you don't use it right now. This game has also Online Features like Playing with Friends, Elite Shooting and other modes that would fit into Mii shooting Game.
Maps are based on Mii Universe ones, but also there are some Maps based on Nintendo Franchises like Mario or Kirby for example.
Voice Chat also exists in the Game as default feature, so you could speak to everyone in the match.

You can also make your own maps or there is even Sharing and Custom Content like in smash. You can even search for accounts to look at People's accounts like in Obscure Mobile Game "Brawl Stars" to see their stuff.

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, time to throw my hat in the ring. I'll be putting up a poll soon!
Job #3: Mii Sports Resort+
I'm surprised this wasn't suggested at all. Wii Sports is one of Nintendo's best sellers, and perfectly fit's the home console and handheld nature of the Switch. It can be played with family at home, or taken anywhere to play with friends. Additionally, a Mii Sports game could showcase the improvement to the Switch's motion controls, gyroscope, and rumble through its various sports modes.
I imagine most of the modes returning, with the exception of baseball and standard golf since I can't imagine how that would help naturally with the motion controls. In addition, you could add a fishing sport that utilizes the rumble feature to detect fish, or a beach ball sport that utilizes the motion controls to bounce the ball back and forth. Maybe even a surfing sport, involving using the motion controls to do various tricks.

A video I saw also offered the idea of an open world single-player mode, that has you travel across Wuhu Island to meet certain champions and best them at their sports in a gauntlet. It also offered the idea of customization for your Mii and a resort house, which could be achieved through winning sports in single player.
Credit to Nintendo Hero: https://youtu.be/GlZJ-ao-9G0

I really believe this classic needs to be brought to the Switch. It could showcase how far the console has come in terms of technology, and be a potential best seller that's fun for all audiences.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mii Kingdoms:
This game mixes the life sim elements of Tomodachi Life with the RPG aspects of Miitopia with some MMO elements sprinkled in

Mii Kingdoms is basically a god game where you create various Kingdoms ruled by Miis, you influence each Kingdom's Miis to perform various actions such as expansion, supply gathering, and warfare, using your abilities you can also possess miis to controls them and take part in Miitopia esc battles with the additions of resource management radomnly generated dungeons and item crafting

The MMO accept comes when there is a chance a rival kingdom from across the it ernet will raid your kingdoms, so you need to help defend it from the sidelines using a combination of real time strategy and tower defense with some divine powers in mix as well, you can also work together to battle various Superbosses and create a super kingdom

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright! Alright! It looks like we have a clear winner!
MII WARFARE: 1 VOTE (16.7%)
MII SPORTS RESORT+: 1 VOTE (16.7%)
TOMODACHI SOCIETY: 4 VOTES (66.7%)
---
TOMODACHI SOCIETY WINS!
The sequel to the famed Tomodachi Life is now in development for the NSX!

(This will affect the next job and which prompt is given next, so stay tuned! Y'all are gonna love the next prompt!)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Base concept: Mario Kart Crown Arena

For the first time ever, Mario Kart's beloved battle mode takes center stage in a frantic car combat spin-off! There will still be standard racing as usual, but battle mode is taking a slight emphasis here in terms of content; play options; and depth. The best way to put it is that instead of having 80% racing content and 20% battle content like a regular Mario Kart. it's more 49% racing, 51% battle.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Mario Kart: Triple Team!!!

The spiritual successor to Mario Kart: Double Dash, this one brings it up to three people per kart instead of two. So pretty much king of fighters but mario kart. Special items as they worked in double dash return if you have the team chosen. Karts have one driver and two people in seats next to them who are the ones using items, although the order can be changed. There is another mode for single-driver racing as well in case people don’t like the triple racer gimmick and like KoF, every team has a canonical reason for how it got formed although it doesn’t have as much “lore” as the series since you know, it’s mario kart. Tracks are generally made a bit wider to accommodate the bigger size of the cars.

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Job #4.1: Mario Kart 9: X-Treme
The world of Mario Kart sees a turn-up to end all turn-ups! This Mario Kart game's aesthetic is themed around a lot of traditional racing, fitted with a Eurobeat fusion soundtrack. The main emphasis is on the brand new track design. Mario Kart's design has always been very simple. Drift at corners, jump when on a ramp, and throw items to slow down opponents. X-Treme's tracks take this design to turn the game into an easy to learn, hard to master experience. You can play it safe and drive like any Mario Kart game, or try and take risky shortcuts, time your drifting, and jump in precise time frames to build up enough speed to reach the finish line and land 1st! You can see how much speed you've built up through the speed meter. Your speed is measured by machs. When you reach Mach X-Treme, you have the option of going X-Treme Mode, giving you a gigantic boost and guaranteeing you first place, at the cost of losing your place in the rankings if you slip up even once. X-Treme gives competitive racers more of a challenge through its "risk to win" track design and the X-Treme Mode. Think that you can drive safely, or take the riskiest stunts this franchise has seen to win it all!

*I'm sure this idea is a lil' vague, so if anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Top Bottom