• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Now we are playing with fire! a R.O.B combo guide

D

Deleted member

Badrat submitted a new resource:

Now we are playing with fire! a R.O.B combo guide - A written R.O.B combo guide

Let us begin R.O.B as you may know is a Nes accessory and he debuted in Smash Bros Brawl so let's go move by move and go over the different combos each move can do.

Jab at low percents dosen't combo to much but can Jab Lock which is very useful for R.O.B especially because it can result in a Side b punish
At Mid percents it can maybe result in a nair but that can be air dodged pretty easily so not much
At High percentages it has nothing notable

For Uptilt at low percentages it's a fine...
Read more about this resource...

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't want to be rude but this guide contains nothing of value to any aspiring ROB player. As I said in my submitted review, it is terribly written with no coherent structure. All you do is give a short description of every move, with most descriptions containing information that is flat out incorrect and omitting many pertinent points of discussion.

I would strongly urge anyone who wishes to learn the character to read the other guide on this forums submitted by Jams. Jams. here:

https://smashboards.com/guides/robotic-operating-basics.1185/

This guide contains significantly more information on each move, with the information being of substantially higher quality. Alongside this is also given broader discussions of the contexts in which the moves should be used, as well as how to play the character in general. The way this information is presented and structured is also done much better.

If you want to improve your guide, I think reading this one is the place to start to get an idea of what people would like to read. You need to further remove much of the misinformation presented in your guide - no, Forward Smash doesn't combo into Side B, as much as we'd all love it to - and provide more information on the rest (up-tilt comboes into a ton of things at low percent, for example) and further impart some insight on how you think the character should actually be played rather than just a basic description of moves.

Top Bottom