• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now That Was A Great Workout: Wii Fit Trainer's Tournament Results Thread

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Weightlifting Competitions ~ Wii Fit Trainer's Tournament Results Thread

Hello welcome to Weightlifting Competitions. Here we post all tournament results for Wii Fit Trainer.

To post the results, post the bracket or results page.

If you get first, your name in the OP will be Blue
If you get second, your name will be Purple
If you get third, your name will be Pink
If you get place higher than 3/4 of the tournament, your name will be Yellow
If you place higher than 2/3 of the tournament, you name will be Green
If you place higher than 1/2 of the tournament, your name will be Red
If you place lower than 1/2 of the tournament, your name will be Brown

Results

@ Macchiato Macchiato ~ Macchiato, 17th at
IMGMR'S Smash Weeklies #9 (out of 82)
@ John12346 John12346 ~ JohnNumbers, 9th at
NeoNebulous 1 (out of 71)
@ John12346 John12346 ~ JohnNumbers, 5th at
NeoNebulous 2 (out of 45)
@ John12346 John12346 ~ JohnNumbers, 5th at
Smash Attack 4 (out of 27)
@ John12346 John12346 ~ JohnNumbers, 4th at
The House of Chaos Presents - The Overdrive Series (out of 20)
@ Macchiato Macchiato ~ Macchiato, 3rd at The Month Before Fools (out of 59)
@ Macchiato Macchiato ~ Macchiato, 9th at
Shin Chie's Monthlys #1 (out of 51)
@ Kikaioh Kikaioh ~ Kilikikero, 2nd at Jtail's Subscriber Tournament (out of 128)

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the system work better with direct rankings rather than percentages? Most tournaments run double elimination so I would think it makes much more sense to do something like:

First: Gold
Second: Silver
Third: Bronze
Top 8: Green
Top 16: Blue
Below top 16: Red

Or whatever colours you prefer. I think that system has a lot more definition to the placements. That way you could write (for example)

Nial - First at (Tournament name here), 32 entrants.

It gives more value to the placements that way, instead of just random percentages. In the current system, coming 10th in a tournament with 100 players is the same as coming 2nd in a tournament with 10 players, and the latter is usually much easier.

On that incredible critical and not-necessarily-called-for note, great thread idea and sticky pls.

EDIT: matching colours is ****ing impossible i give up

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wouldn't the system work better with direct rankings rather than percentages? Most tournaments run double elimination so I would think it makes much more sense to do something like:

First: Gold
Second: Silver
Third: Bronze
Top 8: Green
Top 16: Blue
Below top 16: Red

Or whatever colours you prefer. I think that system has a lot more definition to the placements. That way you could write (for example)

Nial - First at (Tournament name here), 32 entrants.

It gives more value to the placements that way, instead of just random percentages. In the current system, coming 10th in a tournament with 100 players is the same as coming 2nd in a tournament with 10 players, and the latter is usually much easier.

On that incredible critical and not-necessarily-called-for note, great thread idea and sticky pls.

EDIT: matching colours is ****ing impossible i give up
Some tournaments could only have 16 people entered so I figured this would be easier. But I'll add 2nd and 3rd

anyways...

I got 17th out of 82 people in a tournament using Wii Fit Trainer

bracket:
http://challonge.com/IMGMR9

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
I'm not sure if this counts, but yesterday I placed 2nd at JTails' Twitch Subscriber Tournament (I play under the name Kilikikero). I mainly used Wii Fit Trainer for most of the tournament, though I occasionally switched to Greninja. There were 128 entrants, though a number of them were no-shows, I'm thinking it might have been closer to 100 entrants.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider

Xyless

Smash Master
I got 17th of like 96 at Chicago's monthly going pretty much exclusively WFT, at least in all my winning matches. People seemed to really enjoy watching me play.

Also got 9th in doubles with her (partner used Mario/Villager), probably would've gone further but I accidentally buffered a ledge attack after me and the last guy had been dancing around each other for over a minute.

http://challonge.com/e2vl985j/standings

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The bracket was on a sheet of paper and I forgot to take a pic of it, but I'll try to post it later.
First place at a doubles tournament. (Only 8 teams.) I was WFT every match, partner was Kirby every match.

Xyless

Smash Master
http://e2c.challonge.com/Hardwater4

Got 5th at our local with 24 players including the famous Cosmo. I barely placed in money, and my match vs Cosmo (which I did very well first round, then he started figuring me out) was on stream at least. Used WFT in all my sets except for my first set of losers, where I used Rosalina because I tend to throw in a different character every weekly at some point.

Last edited:

Xyless

Smash Master
http://e2c.challonge.com/724ne5s2

Got 5th again out of about 20 at our weekly. Nearly beat one of Chicago's top players (Shion, uses Falcon) in winners and another (XYZ/XAV, used ZSS) in losers. Learned not to use Header when recovering against Zamus, so hopefully I'll do better against him next time. Once video is available I'll post my matches on the video thread.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Any of you Tourny Wii Fit mains going to EVO? I might attend but I would love to money mAtch or challenge any of yall who go. I'm the only Wii Fit in SoCal sadly. Have defeated every Wii Fit main in this stacked area. Haven't lost in the ditto and would love to break a sweat in a ditto for once :)

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
http://e2c.challonge.com/724ne5s2

Got 5th again out of about 20 at our weekly. Nearly beat one of Chicago's top players (Shion, uses Falcon) in winners and another (XYZ/XAV, used ZSS) in losers. Learned not to use Header when recovering against Zamus, so hopefully I'll do better against him next time. Once video is available I'll post my matches on the video thread.
Hey, I'm a Chicago WFT as well! I've been looking for fellow mains for a while now. Which part are you from?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Good stuff to @ Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer for his performance at EVO and DVDA, I'm a big fan of your Wii Fit Trainer and tag. Extra cool points for using the male.

I made top 8 (7th out of 66) at my weekly using only Wii Fit Trainer. He's starting to feel a lot better than my R.O.B., especially for the ZSS and Mario matchups. I lost to a Link in winners and a Wario in losers, those matchups are really difficult (Link has a huge range advantage and Wario eats everything).

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Good stuff to @ Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer for his performance at EVO and DVDA, I'm a big fan of your Wii Fit Trainer and tag. Extra cool points for using the male.

I made top 8 (7th out of 66) at my weekly using only Wii Fit Trainer. He's starting to feel a lot better than my R.O.B., especially for the ZSS and Mario matchups. I lost to a Link in winners and a Wario in losers, those matchups are really difficult (Link has a huge range advantage and Wario eats everything).
Thank you so much! I appreciate the love! :)

I'll find and post the challonges to the tournies I attended. All with Wii Fit Trainer and some Mii Gunner

Singles:
--Top 32 at Evo
--9th place at DVDA #9 Vegas regional (had Zero, FOW and other great players there)
--Top 32 at a San Diego (100+) Regional(had Vinnie, Void(best sheik in Hawii) , Tearbear, K9, and other great players)
--13th place at SSS(100+) regional SoCal tourny. Had great players such as Mr. R, Vinnie, Slayerz, Larry, Tearbear, Tyrant, K9, Xzax and many others.

Doubles:
--SSS SoCal regional tournament. Got 4th place with my friend Jonny Westside. Lost against Zero + Tyrant and Larry + Xzax.
--DVDA #9 Vegas regional . Got 3rd place in dubs with my friend Scizor(best Link in SoCal). Lost FOW + K9 and Z + his partner(both PR'd in Vegas).
--San Diego Regional. I got 5th place with my friend TLTC(best Palutena in SoCal). Lost against Tearbear + K9 and Void+Xzax.

Wii Fit does so much better in dubs than singles to be honest. The character is tailor made for dubs.

I rarely attend tournies and record my results( my fault). I'll try my best to do that now.

For the person who said why hasn't any Wii Fits gotten first. My reasoning for myself is because I live in a very stacked region that hosts some of the best players around the U.S. And world.

Zero
Larry
Tyrant
K9
Zenyou(best Mario in the U.S.)
Rich Brown
Slayerz(Best Peach in the U.S.)
Void(Best Sheik in Hawii. Comes and visits)
Fow(when he visits or when I go to Vegas)
Xzax
Shane Bruce(one of the best Villagers in the U.S. And visits sometimes)
Mr. Con con(one of the best Luigis in the U.S.)
Tearbear(one of the best Falcons in the U.S.)

Vinnie is staying here in SoCal until September. Mr. R has been here in SoCal, but I'm not sure how long he's staying here. Maybe till September as well since SoCal has a National(Paragon) coming up in September.

The competition is extremely tight with these guys around and that's just some names. There are many deadly players here who aren't as iconic as these listed, but are still meta threats. I'm honestly shocked how well I place in a huge and scary region like SoCal, especially with a low tier like Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Just got 9th at a tournament in Crestwood, Illinois. Got decently far before a Meta Knight timed me out (I forgot to just heal). 1st place went to a little mac player.

Bracket: http://bitg.challonge.com/bitg21

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Won a school tourney, more than 30 folks. Used mostly Wii Fit Trainer, but also used Bowser in 2 sets, and Toon Link some in grands. Came in first (tag is Corvus here in case it wasn't clear).
Challonge: http://challonge.com/y75u53rv

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to @John1246 for his fantastic 13th place showing at Collision XIV, a stacked tournament with the likes of Tweek, Salem, 6WX, Nairo, and even ZerO!

Something to note is that he was eliminated by 6WX, so it might do us some good to study the set and see what 6WX did that other Sonics don't so we can learn to counter it.

Top Bottom