• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that moderately/mildly iconic 3rd party characters are allowed to be playable, which 3rd party characters that aren't highly iconic do want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I've aforementioned in previous threads that Joker/Ren is moderately iconic, but not highly iconic. I'm not going to rant about that anymore, but his inclusion has opened the floodgates to third party characters who aren't highly iconic, but are still at least moderately/mildly iconic enough to be playable, such as Monika, Quote (cave story), Jibanyan, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Fatal Frame protagonist, Marina (mischief makers), Frisk etc.

Here are quotes from a previous thread.
So here's the evolution of 3rd party playable character rules. Break the rule for once and it opens the floodgates for all.

You can only have one rep per company. Then add Ryu. The rule is removed.

You need to have a significant history with Nintnedo. Then add Cloud. The rule is removed.

You need to have a complete series. Then add Bayonetta. The rule is removed.

You can only have one rep per franchise. Then add Richter. The rule is removed.

You need to be significantly iconic. Then add Joker/Ren. The rule is removed.
Now that the floodgates are open, which 3rd party characters that you think aren't highly iconic do you want?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
These were never rules, just fan perceptions.

But to choose a third-party character whom may not be highly iconic, I guess Sans.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I've aforementioned in previous threads that Joker/Ren is moderately iconic, but not highly iconic. I'm not going to rant about that anymore, but his inclusion has opened the floodgates to third party characters who aren't highly iconic, but are still at least moderately/mildly iconic enough.
"I'm not going to say he isn't iconic, but basically the game now accepts non iconic characters." Wow. No, really. Just wow.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
"I'm not going to say he isn't iconic, but basically the game now accepts non iconic characters." Wow. No, really. Just wow.
Well, while you're almost correct, I think 3rd party character still need to be at least mildly iconic, like Shovel Knight, or Beck (mighty no 9) to be playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
These kind of questions are not worth their own topic and always lead to inflammatory arguments.

Please don't make these kind of topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom