• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that generic enemies are on the table, who do you want?

Quillion

Smash Hero
For me, I want:
  • Mario: Koopa and Hammer Bro
  • Zelda: Bokoblin and Darknut
  • Kirby: Knuckle Joe
  • EarthBound: Starman and Pigmask

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm lets see, shy guy, boo, bokoblin, moblin, stalfoe, darknut, chilly

ill come back when ive though of some more

Quillion

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I suppose Moblin would work since they're the original Blin. But Bokoblins are more common nowadays.

You know a Xenoblade enemy I want? A Gogol. They could go full-on Rotbart or Gonzalez.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
None. If I could go back in time and stop pirhana plant from being added to the roster I would totally do it.
Okay I'm just being salty, but for real I would have rather had Goomba. I kind of like bokoblins a lot so maybe one of them as a link Echoes, since they can use most of the same equipment he can, just replace the bomb with a Rock

also if you think about it all Pokemon are basically generic enemies. Some are just more iconic than others. Always felt the trainers or the one that should have been playable. Anyway give me Magmar

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
What do I want? Goku, Shrek, and Kitty White (Hello Kitty). Can't be anymore ridiculous than a plant in a pipe. Plus, Kitty has quite a lot of Nintendo cameos (Super Mario Maker for one).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Still Toad(either Captain or regular) and Bandana Waddle Dee, the ones people were giving crap about being generic prior to today's reveal.

Outside of them, I'd be fine with an actual hat Goomba too or a Koopa Troopa or Shy Guy. But not before Toad and Waddle Dee.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm sorry, but even now that generic enemies are allowed to join the roster, I still prefer other characters over any form of Waddle Dee.
If I have to pick a "generic" enemy, that's Chef Kawasaki for sure, he has a lot of charisma and uniqueness, and the character is based on the theme of food, the best way to represent the Kirby series.

Other series I don't know... maybe Kamek? But really, I'd prefer Kamek as an assist trophy, I want him to fly above me and use that magic to make my character HUGE.

Chef Kawasaki is the only one, really. (Maybe Skull Kid? If he counts as generic enemy).

EDIT: Yeah, I'm ok with Toad as well. It's not an enemy and I excluded him, though Toad is iconic and recurring enough to deserve that spot. As Toad, not Captain... I prefer Toad being just Toad, and having Captain references in the moveset instead of being fully based on it.
Also, Toadette as costume is a must.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Slime.

I'd prefer if he goes by "Rocket" though.
I was about to say the same thing. The biggest thing holding DQ back was that its most reconizable character is a common enemy. Pirhana plant pretty much opens the door wide open for our buddy. Calling him rocket could be a nice callback too, but Just Slime works as well

Quillion

Smash Hero
What do I want? Goku, Shrek, and Kitty White (Hello Kitty). Can't be anymore ridiculous than a plant in a pipe. Plus, Kitty has quite a lot of Nintendo cameos (Super Mario Maker for one).
Your whataboutism isn't going to get any non-video game characters in Smash, unfortunately.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Still Toad(either Captain or regular) and Bandana Waddle Dee, the ones people were giving crap about being generic prior to today's reveal.

Outside of them, I'd be fine with an actual hat Goomba too or a Koopa Troopa or Shy Guy. But not before Toad and Waddle Dee.
when has toad even been an enemy?

Maxilian0124

Smash Rookie
Well i think the Plant was more a WTF character than anything else, but i guess i would go with:

-a Chuchu from Zelda

or

-Yige Blademaster

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok i got more, blooper, deku scrub, wizzrobe, chu chu, freezar, sir kible, waddle doo, gidbo, poe, octorok

perhaps down the line deku baba could be an echo for piranha plant

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Kritter, Krusha, Klump, Kasplat, Skidda, Zinger, Necky, Gnawty, Kaboom, Kackle, Kannon. We gotta build this playable Kremling Army ya'll!

But seriously no more stupid generic mooks. Piranha Plant really feels like a character that would be the frontrunning in like Smash 36 in the year 3095 if there was no cuts. When we were REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel when it came to Nintendo newcomers. The fact that we had a massive Assist Trophy massacre this go round but this stupid plant made it makes me sick.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Kritter, Krusha, Klump, Kasplat, Skidda, Zinger, Necky, Gnawty, Kaboom, Kackle, Kannon. We gotta build this playable Kremling Army ya'll!

But seriously no more stupid generic mooks. Piranha Plant really feels like a character that would be the frontrunning in like Smash 36 in the year 3095 if there was no cuts. When we were REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel when it came to Nintendo newcomers. The fact that we had a massive Assist Trophy massacre this go round but this stupid plant made it makes me sick.
Salty much? They characters may be mooks, but these are some of the most iconic characters in gaming. Given that even Mario Kart wasn't shy about making a Koopa playable, it was only a matter of time until they were finally allowed in Smash.

Who cares if they are meant to die en masse? A Koopa or Bokoblin by itself is infinitely more iconic than Ness or the Ice Climbers. If anything, anyone like Isaac (dead, old franchise) and Geno (one-shot from spinoff) would be more scraping the bottom of the barrel than making the enemies playable.

Quillion

Smash Hero
ooh how bout a guardian from botw? itd be fun tearing across as one of them
Okay, now this one's probably stretching it.

...unless you're maybe talking about the relatively more humanoid Guardian Scouts, that is.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since the floodgates have opened :p

-TP Darknut
-Space Pirate
-Tirkin

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It isn't who I want, but you know we are getting him:

1541128948404.png

It is the Fire Emblem Soldier. No other existing character quite captures the spirit of the series and he has been in every iteration of the game thus far.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It isn't who I want, but you know we are getting him:

View attachment 174829

It is the Fire Emblem Soldier. No other existing character quite captures the spirit of the series and he has been in every iteration of the game thus far.
Ahh, that reminds me.

I always wanted a generic Infantry Unit from Advance Wars since 2008.

D

Deleted member

Stalfos

Octorok

Kritter

Krusha

King Boo

Anything is possible at this point. Kind of wish it wasn't but oh boy.

I'm happy about piranha plant, but still. Ah it's fine all good.

Top Bottom