• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Now, Let's try it Together: Wii Fit Trainer's Matchup Thread (Trying a New System & Owner Soon)

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Can we talk about the :4samus: matchup? I feel like I have no idea whatsoever about how to play against this character. It's probably just matchup inexperience, but it really feels like Samus beats Wii Fit Trainer. It's really hard to play the range game against charge shot and missiles, but it also feels really hard to get in on Samus due to her larger hitboxes. On top of that, ledge guarding/gimping her feels really, REALLY hard thanks mostly to screwattack, but also in part due to bombs, tether grab, and her general floatiness.

Not saying John12346 is wrong with where he placed her (I'll be the first to admit to being an average player at best) but I would seriously rather run into half of the characters we're supposedly at a disadvantage against than Samus. What am I missing?
Because of Samus' projectiles, I think that we have to get out of that corner and approach, shouldn't be too hard because Samus isnt the most mobile and her frame data is not that good. Also, Samus has large hurt boxes and is heavy so Nair comboing them shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I know most MU charts put :4myfriends: in our favor, but does anyone have advice against this char? I went to my first local and got 3rd w/ solo WFT but got bopped by an unusually good ike. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I know most MU charts put :4myfriends: in our favor, but does anyone have advice against this char? I went to my first local and got 3rd w/ solo WFT but got bopped by an unusually good ike. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
What I like to do is dance around his attack area with short hops and short hop salutation charges. If he whiffs, then you can salute him. If he starts to shield, I empty hop into grab. I try to get Ike offstage as soon as possible. Projectiles counter side b, but your physical moves don't really work. You can also header feint->reverse Ftilt to hit the high recoveries. Be careful when using side b versus ike's Up B since it has super armor.

Top Bottom