• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(old thread) SUPER SMASH BROS BUT NOT QUITE!

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
ARE. YOU. READY FOR THE NEWCOMER!? WELL HERE HE, OR SHOULD I SAY, THEY ARE!!

THE BATTLETOADS! THIS IS ONE OF THE PSA'S I DON'T THINK GETS AS MUCH AND RECOGNITION AS IT DESERVES, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I ADDED THEM! THE CHARACTER IS ONLY THE FIRST PICTURE, THE LAST TWO ARE ALTS. DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE MORE ALTS. SPEAKING OF ALTS...

HERE'S A NEW COSTUME FOR SKULL KID! WHO, IF YOU REMEMBER, ONLY HAD 1 COSTUME IN THE BETA, BEING THE DEFAULT ONE. BUT RIGHT NOW I CAN SAFELY SAY HE HAS AT LEAST 6 COSTUMES IN THE GAMMA COUNTING THIS ONE, AND THE DEFAULT ONE.

Last edited:

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
OH YEAH, ALSO, TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA ON HOW MUCH MORE COSTUMES ARE GONNA BE IN SMASH BUT NOT QUITE, THE SECOND HALF OF SEPTEMBER WAS COMPLETELY DEDICATED TO MAKING NEW COSTUMES.

Last edited:

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
I WILL WORK ON GETTING A LIST OUT, AND YES, I HAVE REPLACED TOON LINK(WITH SKULL KID). AND I REALLY WANTED TO ADD IN SHOVEL KNIGHT, BUT THE MOD WAS RELEASED AFTER I REPLACED TOON LINK.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
AFTER PLAYING AROUND WITH IT, MY CONCLUSION IS... ITS TOO BIG. IS THERE A SMALLER VERSION? AROUND THE SAME SIZE AS RIDLEY WOULD BE GOOD. I TRIED TO SHRINK IT, AND, IT WORKED BUT THE MODULE WENT UPSIDE-DOWN AND INSIDE OUT

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
TIME FOR A COMPETITION! I WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO HAVE 26 CHARACTERS (BECAUSE THAT WAS THE AMOUNT OF CHARACTERS IN SMASH BROS MELEE...) IN THE GAMMA, BUT IT'S BEEN HARD FINDING ENOUGH CHARACTERS THAT MEET MY STANDARDS TO ADD, SO... SHOULD I JUST RELEASE IT WITH 23 CHARACTERS REPLACED? IT PROBABLY WON'T COME OUT TOMORROW BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL THINGS THAT I NEED TO WORK ON, BUT RELEASING IT WITHOUT LOOKING FOR 3 MORE PSA'S WILL SPEED UP RELEASE A LOT. ON THE OTHER HAND... NOT WAITING MEANS LESS CONTENT WHEN IT DOES GET RELEASED... SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
TIME FOR SOME SPOOKY HALLOWEEN STUFF!

YEAH, I WAS HAVING FUN MAKING YKKURIRIMU COSTUMES. AND HERE'S A NEW COSTUME FOR SKULL KID!

THIS ONE WAS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR HALLOWEEN

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
NOW.... IT'S TIME FOR SOME SKULL-KID-TECH!

IF YOU USE N-SPECIAL IN THE AIR...

AND THEN LAND ON THE GROUND WHILE STILL HOLDING THE BUTTON...

THEN PRESS A DIRECTION WHILE STILL HOLDING THE BUTTON...

YOU SLIDE AROUND! I'M SURE THAT'LL BE USEFUL SOMEHOW IN COMPETITIVE PLAY...

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
SO I WAS WONDERING WHAT GAMMA ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE... "Γ". THAT'S GAMMA. SO NOW NO-ONE CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT ME NOT ADDING WALUIGI! BESIDES, WALUIGIWARE WILL BE IN THE GAMMA! NOT TO MENTION THE WHAT IS LOVE STAGE...

Last edited:

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
ALSO, IF YOU WANTED TO USE IN-GAME PICTURES ON YOUR COMPUTER, SMASH BUT NOT QUITE COMES WITH BIN-2-JPEG ON THE SD CARD, SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT AN IN-GAME PICTURE ON YOUR SD CARD, PUT THE CARD IN YOUR COMPUTER, GO INTO THE FOLDER WITH BIN-2-JPEG IN IT, OPEN BIN-2-JPEG, AND THEN OPEN THE PICTURE YOU TOOK IN IT AND PRESS SAVE.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
A BUG HAS BEEN FOUND! THIS ALSO APPLIES TO THE BETA (THE ONLY VERSION RELEASED RIGHT NOW). IF CRASH GRABS ANOTHER CRASH, THEN THE GAME WILL CRASH. HOW FITTING.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
THE GAMMA IS COMING! THE GAMMA WILL BE RELEASED IN 1 DAY! SO TO CELEBRATE, HERE'S A NEW CHARACTER!

DEOXYS! AS DEOXYS SHOULD BE, HE IS POWERFUL (BUT BALANCED). SO POWERFUL IN FACT, THAT HIS FINAL SMASH CRASHES THE GAME...

I'D FIX IT IF I COULD!

AND ALSO, ALL OF THE CHARACTERS THAT WERE IN THE BETA NOW HAVE BLACK AND WHITE AND INVERTED COLOR COSTUMES!

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
THE NEXT FIGHTER HAS BEEN DECIDED! IT'S ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE SKELETON CREW. SINCE I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE READY, HERE'S HIS CSP

DRY BONES! DON'T WORRY, HE IS NOT A CLONE OF KOOPA. HE ONLY HAS 1 MOVE SIMILAR TO HIM, THAT BEING SIDE-B

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
WE HAVE A VIDEO! CLICK HERE TO GO TO IT! IT'S PROVIDED BY VELVET KITSUNE, AND FOR SOME REASON THEY TURNED OFF THE MUSIC... I THINK I KNOW WHY! IT'S BECAUSE THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO GOOD THAT IT WILL BLOW YOUR FACE OFF JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! FEATURING SONGS- WELL, A SONG- BY THE LEGENDARY SHARAXOFFICIAL! YOU LIKE SHARAX DON'T YOU!?!?!? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH AND THE SONGS ON THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM STAGE! THEY ARE GRRRRRRRRREAT(FROSTED FLAKES SPONSOR ME PLEASE)! AND... AND... WE GOT THE KIRBY FALCON PUNCH REMIX! AND UH... WALUIGI FUNK! #DON'TBELEIVEMEJUSTWAA. AND WHAT IS LOVE?! THAT IS THE QUESTION ISN'T IT!? AND THE...UM... TONS OF (5. I MEANT 5) NEW UNDERTALE SONGS! AND... THIS LIST HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH! WE GOT TONS OF MUSIC! DO YOU KNOW HOW WE GOT SO MUCH!? I DON'T, DO YOU? I DON'T, DO YOU? I DON'T, DO YOU? I DON'T, DO- ERROR, REBOOTING... NO! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WE GOT SO MUCH GREAT MUSIC! WOW! THIS POST IS REALLY LONG! I BETTER STOP TYPING!

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
This is easily one of the most cringey threads I've had to read through.

Please tell me this is going to be organized better without the excessive need to put a Billy Mays impression over every minuscule task. I want to get into this, but there is just way too much of a childish mess to take seriously with presentation skill. Try maybe just bunching all the important stuff onto the first post and leave the rest of the data used for something less frivolous.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
This is easily one of the most cringey threads I've had to read through.

Please tell me this is going to be organized better without the excessive need to put a Billy Mays impression over every minuscule task. I want to get into this, but there is just way too much of a childish mess to take seriously with presentation skill. Try maybe just bunching all the important stuff onto the first post and leave the rest of the data used for something less frivolous.
... WELL I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION.

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
Well I don't remember asking you to hurt my eyes with this either, but it's life.

Humor aside, I did suggest how to improve on it, so take my criticism how you will. And please, don't bother trying to justify yourself until you actually do something about it.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't remember asking you to hurt my eyes with this either, but it's life.

Humor aside, I did suggest how to improve on it, so take my criticism how you will. And please, don't bother trying to justify yourself until you actually do something about it.
EXCUSE YOU!? YOU DON'T NEED TO BE SO RUDE. NOW GO SLITHER BACK UNDER WHATEVER ROCK YOU CAME OUT FROM.

TurtleAndGuyProductions

Smash Apprentice
THE GAMMA HAS REACHED 1000 DOWNLOADS! ALSO, DEVELOPMENT IS NOW BACK ON TRACK!

MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED ON THE TUMBLR SOON!

Last edited:
Top Bottom