• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(NOW FEB 9th) Breakdancing Hippie Canis Lupus Jambaroo 2013 BRING TV/ SETUPS

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska Smash Presents

Breakdancing Hippie Canis Lupus Jambaroo 2013

Time and Date: 1 p.m. arrival on Saturday February 9th, 2013

Events:
Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles ~$5-10
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles ~$5-10
Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles ~$2-$10
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles ~$2-$10

I'd be okay with a Project:M and/or smash 64 tournament.

General Rules
#1-No stealing
#2-Cigg smoking outside
#3-Don't trip over hippies
#4-No stalling or being a douche (Timeouts will have a 40 LGL and Scrooging is lame).

Melee Rules
4 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 2 stage bans until WF/LF/GF then 1 stage ban.

Singles
Neutral: :battlefieldm::fdm::dreamland::fountain::yoshis:
CP: :ps1: :kongo64:

Doubles: :battlefieldm::dreamland::fdm::ps1::yoshis:
CP: :kongo64: and a rotating stage

For this tournament :termina:

Brawl Rules
3 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 3 stage bans until WF/LF/GF then 2 stage bans. There are no starters/counters

Stages will be chosen in 1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 fashion

Stages :battlefieldb: :delfino: :fdb: :frigate: :lylat: :ps2: :rainbowcruise: :smashville: :yoshisb: :pictochat: :halberd:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can we do 2 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 1 to save time on striking?
Alternating down from 11 seems excessive lol

I like the list except for Picto replacing PS, but I'll just probably strike/ban it anyways so nbd

No LGL? No Scrooge Rule?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lux this isn't necessarily going to be the stagelist or way I'm going to run the circuit.

I consider both of those things "stalling" and I will address that as well.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
I hope you give a second ban for freaking termina, but the thought of dropzoning a fox into the water is alluring. I'll talk to Jace, hoping they're down. Running it back Rob

:phone:

DeLux

With MO hosting for the Circuit this month, I don't think I can get my work to bite on a day off three times over a 5 week span

Unless you all want to host Sunday or something :p

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This has been pushed back to the 9th.

Also I am rethinking :castlesiege: as 2 of my brawlers have complained about the death trap, in 2 different matches to 2 different people, one of them was making fun of the other person for falling through it 15 seconds before he did it himself.

DeLux

With the move it falls on weekend where I'm scheduled to work two jobs instead of just one. Although I think some KCBrawlers might be in if they can hop into a carpool. Any guesses on brawl turnout?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't know, if South Dakota comes then I would recommend that they come as that will increase the #'s to at least 9. I'd guess 9.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
With the move it falls on weekend where I'm scheduled to work two jobs instead of just one. Although I think some KCBrawlers might be in if they can hop into a carpool. Any guesses on brawl turnout?

It actually might be a good idea for them to travel, looks like we are gonna have decent attendance for brawl.

i'm interested in PM. any word on that? very much interest from people?
No one that I know of has played the most recent build, bring it and we might play it, maybe even fire up a $1~5 tournament if there's enough interest (strongbad is in on the game iirc).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, I'd have to find a working wii (since mine/dans don't work).

This leaves Rocha/David/Devi as far as people who are gonna be there, and I'm trying to get cody/others to come too.

Then I'd have to hack someone elses wii. And yadadadada,

So if people want a PM tournament bring setups (so I can use them for brawl too, bwahaha).

Anyway, the point is that we don't have a way to practice it so it's basically an ambush for you guys. So it would probably be $2 if I had to guess.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, a lot of you have better Melee skills than I do, so that would be enough to trump my ambush. Anyways, if I'm able to make it next week, I'll probably just bring it for friendlies if that's ok. And of course it can be used for Brawl/Melee. I'm trying to get some friends to come also. And probably a setup or two with me. Will know for sure later.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also because of complaints...

Castlesiege is banned again, :halberd: will replace it

Also Rainbow Cruise is banned in doubles, :pirateship: was voted to replace it, not by me, even.

And yeah, bring it, but we'll probably do a small fee tourney for it.

Mutank.NE

Smash Rookie
Will be attending with some Fresh meat*.

*New players to Melee, so don't bite too hard. :)

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I'll be with about a half-dozen assorted brawlers and meleers. Bringing a Wii with Brawl/Melee/PM, don't have a tv, though.

Jace08

Smash Lord
okay I still really want to go on the 9th

if no one else from our crew goes though (looking at you honda & sb!) I probably wouldn't

smeesh we must falcon ditto!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Last I heard Honda and Strongbad were gonna come :(

The only person I know as far as melee for locally active players that hasn't verbally confirmed for at least an appearance is Tyser and he told me that he won't have time until the summer for games, but I'll ask him if he's coming or not.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i was gonna come then i noticed a local fgc monthly happens on this date & because of the evo stuff they're prolly adding melee. i won't know for sure until a couple days from now but as of now it looks like im not going. i'll post when i know!!

Jace08

Smash Lord
definitely coming, lookin forward to seein you all!

unless honda says he's not going...

okay honda is no longer coming, which means I'm out too. Sorry dudes...

Top Bottom