• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Shinku

Smash Champion
im kinda like the opposite of redd. i say im not showing up and cant come, but just appear out of nowhere, while redd......well you get the idea lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
im kinda like the opposite of redd. i say im not showing up and cant come, but just appear out of nowhere, while redd......well you get the idea lol
Everytime I see you at a tourney I always think "lolwut Shinku is here? He never says he's coming."

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
hey shinku
if you still have my friends memory card can you still bring it and give to sage...that would be awesome

and darn it...the mathletes are coming too...can't believe im missing it :O

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
hey shinku
if you still have my friends memory card can you still bring it and give to sage...that would be awesome

and darn it...the mathletes are coming too...can't believe im missing it :O
He gave it to me. I forgot to bring it with me tonight lol.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
A smashfest, but tournaments are held at smashfests if enough people want one.

To put it best:

SypherPhoenix said:
Yea, this one's a tournament. We hold a tournament at Smashfests if the demand is large enough.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Shhh... I'm not used to getting so little sleep. ¬_¬

I never got a chance to catch up on the sleep I missed over winter break and I'm still exhausted. :ohwell:

inb4 no johns

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I wanna set up a few MMs if that's okay.

You can pick from: Fox, Falco, Marth, Falcon, Sheik, ICs, Samus, Peach. Any others I'll think about.

Anyone? I'm really rusty, played today. =/

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
i'll be there at around 12:30 again

off topic: i think i saw sypher and someone else playing third strike on their laptop, do you guys play on kaillera? i might have been playing against you all along without even knowing

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we play 3rd Strike on GGPO.
i heard GGPO was way better than kaillera, but i don't play on it because the emulator doesn't let you bind like 50 different actions to a single keypress (i use numpad to move lol)

ON TOPIC a friend from my neighborhood wants to come to the tourney tommorow. He knows about advanced techs but he can't do them very well yet. Just a heads up

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
i heard GGPO was way better than kaillera, but i don't play on it because the emulator doesn't let you bind like 50 different actions to a single keypress (i use numpad to move lol)

ON TOPIC a friend from my neighborhood wants to come to the tourney tommorow. He knows about advanced techs but he can't do them very well yet. Just a heads up

GGPO has been pretty awesome with almost everybody I've played online with. Also that's called macroing and it's illegal in like every tournament ever for any competitive game ever :)

I don't know if you're using it this way but basically you can have it so that you push one button and it does a combo. Obviously more complicated than that but it's kinda like having a waveshine button, if you know what I mean.

And yeah, that's cool, the first step to getting better is getting *****.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
GGPO has been pretty awesome with almost everybody I've played online with. Also that's called macroing and it's illegal in like every tournament ever for any competitive game ever :)

I don't know if you're using it this way but basically you can have it so that you push one button and it does a combo. Obviously more complicated than that but it's kinda like having a waveshine button, if you know what I mean.
Oh ****, I don't do anything that extreme. Basically, all i do is bind the diagonal numpad buttons to both of their respective directions at once so that it performs like an actual stick; for example numpad 7 would be bound to both left and up, 3 would be down+right, etc. I can't seem to accomplish this with FBalpha though. :( Eventually i may just learn to deal with using arrow keys, cuz everyone is switchin to GGPO and leaving me in the dust, lols

The friend i've got coming is a nice guy with a lot of potential, i'm just afraid he might not want to play anymore after being kicked around by all teh l337 hax0r fawx combos all day

oh well, we'll see

Shinku

Smash Champion
the old shin would of mm you a year ago, but if it aint brawl, i dont do mm's.

i should be coming like 1 ish. thai was going but hes grounded due to his grades :laugh:

Top Bottom