• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Nov 7, 2015] SS | FullMetal and SS | Flow present: Tipped Off 11 !!!! (Atlanta, Georgia)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Attention Smash-Faithful!

I know it's been a long time coming...

Despite some delays and setbacks, (TEMPEST KEEP WAS ONLY A SETBACK!) we are up and rolling again this year.
The Tipped Off series is back for it's 11th installment! We will be adding Smash 4 to our lineup along with Melee and PM!

Tipped Off 11 will feature TMG/Smash 4 Collegiate exhibitions, 1k Pot Bonus for PM. Vinnie, Prof Pro, Wobbles, Fly, Wizzy, Colbol, DruggedFox

Venue Information:
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
2001 Clearview Ave, Atlanta, GA 30340
(770) 455-3700

To book a room at the venue, call the above number and ask for the Tipped Off 11 group rate to book rooms at a discounted rate of 69.99 a night.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/514955612004622/

Registration Site: smash.gg/to11
Online Venue Fee: $25
On-site Emergency Registration: $30
SSBM Singles: $15
SSBM Doubles: $10 (per person)
Smash 4 Singles: $15
Smash 4 Doubles: $10 (per person)
Project M Singles: $15
Project M Doubles: $10 (per person)

Online registration will end November 1st at 11:59 PM EST. The deadline to add a teammate is November 3rd at 11:59 PM EST. Emergency registration will take place at the door. Anybody who registers at the door will be thrown into an unseeded death pool. Please register online to guarantee optimal seeding!

Each game will have its own individual stream. Please follow all 3 streams on Twitch!

Melee will be streamed by Showdown Smash on http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash

Smash 4 will be streamed by Smash Studios on http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios

Project M will be streamed by KOKingPin on http://www.hitbox.tv/musiccitysmash

Tentative Schedule:
Day 1
Doors Open- 8:00 AM
Singles Pools ALL Games Wave A- 10:00 AM
Singles Pools ALL Games Wave B- 12:00 PM
Emergency Registration Closes- 12:00 PM
Singles Pools ALL Games Wave C- 2:00 PM
Singles Pools Wave ALL Games D- 4:00 PM
Doubles All Games- 6:00 PM
Venue Closes for the day- Midnight SHARP

Day 2
Doors Open- 9:00 AM
Smash 4 Collegiate- 10:00 AM
The Melee Games Regional Playoffs- 12:00 PM
Smash 4 Bracket- 12:00 PM
PM Bracket- 2:00 PM
Signups for MK2 Charity event Close- 3:00 PM
Melee Bracket- 4:00 PM
MK2 Charity Event Begins- 5:00 PM
Venue Closes- 11:00 PM

Payout Format:
All Singles- (Will be 1 round of bracket pools split into a few waves leading to a bracket) This event is DOUBLE ELIMINATION, meaning losses STAY when transitioning from pools into bracket.
1st- 40% 2nd- 20% 3rd- 15% 4th- 10% 5th- 5% each 7th- 2.5% each

All Doubles- (Will be bracket pools)
1st- 50% 2nd- 25% 3rd- 15% 4th- 10%

SSBM Rules:
Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • Stage Clause: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
  • Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
  • Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
  3. The players play the first match of the set
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Term Definitions
    • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
    • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
    • Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.

• Singles:
      StagePort 1Port 2Port 3Port 4
      FD**
      FoD**
      YS**
      DL**
      BF**
      PS**
      Doubles:

StagePort 1Port 2Port 3Port 4
      FDTeam ATeam BTeam ATeam B
      PSTeam ATeam BTeam BTeam A
      BFTeam ATeam BTeam BTeam A
      YSTeam ATeam BTeam BTeam A
      DLTeam ATeam BTeam BTeam A
    • DSR: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on.
    • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
    • Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
    • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.
      Players strike stages in this order:

StrikePlayer 1Player 2
      Strike 1*
      Strike 2 *
      Strike 3 *
      Strike 4*

Project M Rules:
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Stage Clause: You cannot counter-pick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* I shouldn't need to put this rule in but Giga Bowser/Warioman is banned for tournament play

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1-1″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes one stages.
3. The Remaining Stage is what is played on.

Stagelist:

Starter -
Battlefield
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville

Counterpick -
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Delfino's Secret
Green Hill Zone
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Smash 4 Rules:
- 2/3 games per set
All items OFF
Item frequency set to NONE
Team attack ON, custom fighters OFF -

Singles: 2 stock, 6 minutes - Doubles & Quads: 3 stock, 8 minutes. -
Winners Final, Losers Final, and Grand Final are 3/5 games per set. -
In the event of a draw game, Sudden Death will not be used. Lowest percent wins.
- Mii fighters: The only allowed Miis are Guest Miis with 1111, 2222, and 3333 movesets.

- Starter stages:
Battlefield (or Miiverse)
Final Destination (or Omega Stages)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

- Counterpick stages:
Dream Land

- Game 1 of each set can only be played on a Starter stage. The remaining games can be played on either a Starter or Counterpick stage. Miiverse can be used in place of Battlefield. Omega Stages can be used in place of Final Destination. A ban or strike on BF or FD counts as a ban for Miiverse or all Omegas, respectively.

- Game 1 selection procedure: players pick characters (blind pick can be requested), players strike stages (order: P1-P2-P2-P1).
- Game 2+ selection procedure: winner bans 2 stages, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. - Stage Clause: A player may not pick the same stage he or she won on in a previous game of the set unless both players agree.
-One Ban in Best of Three
-No Bans in Best of Five

Of note: If you enter multiple events, we will try to put you in alternate waves for each event.
Example: Player X is in Wave 1 for SSBM, and Wave 2 for Project M
Player Y is in Wave 2 for SSBM, and Wave 1 for Project M

General Code of Conduct:
Guys, this really should go without saying, but being under the influence of any substance or alcohol while in the venue is discouraged. If you're rowdy enough, I will throw you out without a refund.
Sexual harassment rule: If anyone, male or female reports to me or my staff that any individual at the event has made them feel uncomfortable sexually, we're going to have to sit down and have a talk. Depending on how I interpret the situation, the offender risks expulsion from the tournament, disqualification from the bracket, and possibly future bans from any events I run. TL:DR... keep your hands to yourself and don't be obnoxious.

Don't forget, the Mushroom Kingdom II-Only Charity side event will be returning as well!
Entry fee is any amount of 1$ or more, ALL proceeds will go to the Shelley Little Memorial fund.

Hope to see you all there! =)

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
:4miibrawl: :4miigun::4miisword:
Allowed under 1s, 2s, 3s?!
Definitely making plans to attend!

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Few quips with the PM stagelist:
First, How do you propose players strike fairly from 3 stages? RPS to determine who strikes first, first striker gives away 100% of information before second striker has given any?

Second, it states that the following stages are counterpicks:

Counterpick -
Yoshi's Island: Melee

Yoshi's Island: Brawl is a fairly common stage, however, Yoshi's Island: Melee is a very controversial stage that is rarely played. It has a walkoff on the right side, and its blastzones are quite volatile. See the following gameplay:

I think it'd be quite weird for a major to have the stage legal.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Few quips with the PM stagelist:
First, How do you propose players strike fairly from 3 stages? RPS to determine who strikes first, first striker gives away 100% of information before second striker has given any?

Second, it states that the following stages are counterpicks:

Counterpick -
Yoshi's Island: Melee

Yoshi's Island: Brawl is a fairly common stage, however, Yoshi's Island: Melee is a very controversial stage that is rarely played. It has a walkoff on the right side, and its blastzones are quite volatile. See the following gameplay:

I think it'd be quite weird for a major to have the stage legal.
I'm relatively certain that KOKingpin (my PM TO for this event) means Yoshi's Story, though I'll double check with him on that. I copy/pasta'd the rules he messaged me.

Cjgarmani T.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cjgarmani
In terms of stream related stuff, who's going to be commentating or who do you hope could commentate for Melee, Project M, and Sm4sh.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam I confirmed, it's Yoshi's Story, not Yoshi's Island: Melee. Ruleset has been edited to reflect that.
As far as the striking goes, you'd just have to take that up with KOKingpin I suppose.

Scatz

Smash Champion
In terms of stream related stuff, who's going to be commentating or who do you hope could commentate for Melee, Project M, and Sm4sh.
We're currently working on the commentary staff. No confirmed names until we have everything situated.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
For Smash 4, Why is Duck Hunt banned but you leave Halberd, Delfino Plaza, and Castle Siege as Counterpicks instead? If anything, Duck Hunt is the most legal stage out of all of those three. Duck Hunt, you can't kill at 20% except from very rare cases like Rosalina's Uair(But that kills on TaC, Sv, FD, BF, and all the legal stages as well) unlike Halberd, where you can die really early from any vertical move. If you get grabbed on top platform, you are dead. Delfino is the same thing, but with the added bonus of killing from the side from a grab as well as Castle siege.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
I also dislike the addition of halbard and delfino. I don't like castle siege either. If anything I rather have castle then to suffer delfino and halbard.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Can we show up early and is there an age limit.
You can show up whenever you please- the venue may or may not be open as I haven't set the schedule yet. And no there is no age limit. Players under the age of 15 or so I'd advise bringing your parent or legal guardian.

Who is running the smash4 tournament?
@Player-1 is my Smash 4 Head TO. He'll be in charge of running the event.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
YAY MY FIRST BIG-TIME TOURNEY! I will hopefully be coming. DA HYPE IS REAL! What big names are going to be there?

Last edited:

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
OH MY GOSH VINNIE WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!! :D If I go I will be doing Sm4sh, so he will obviously be my big name there.

GokuYoshi

Smash Rookie
hey, ive never been to a tourney, im twelve and i just wanna have fun and maybe gain a little XP, also i live in the area, would you suggest i go?

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Definitely! One way to improve your skills is going to tourneys! :)

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Cool. I may not be going, but I am trying to convince my parents!

GokuYoshi

Smash Rookie
oooh! could i comentate! i have experience with that! and i have thebasic mental knowledge its just that my hands are injureed so i cant play my best...

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
I would like to commentate too! It sounds so fun!

GokuYoshi

Smash Rookie
Friend plays roy and wants to come with me if i go to any tourneys
Oh! that makes sense, well is he ONLY gonna play sm4sh or is he also gonna play melee, cause rpy is in melee, you might also have to ask if people are bringing WII U's or if they are supplied, and an amiibo is always a choice...

Mr. Kan

Smash Rookie
NNID
clark127
3DS FC
4227-1441-0372
hey, ive never been to a tourney, im twelve and i just wanna have fun and maybe gain a little XP, also i live in the area, would you suggest i go?
Wanna shwo up early and mabye get some practice in. Im about your age so It will be nice playing a kid NEAR my age

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Wait. It says he is 12 in that message, but if you go to his profile it says he is 20... Huh... :/

Top Bottom