• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 7, 2014] DrømmeLAN 4.0: feat. Armada, Leffen, Ice, Over (Sandvika)

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman

DrømmeLAN 4.0

An European Melee Tournament

November 7th - 9th, 2014

Oslo, Norway

DrømmeLAN (Dream-LAN) is an annual LAN that takes place right outside of Oslo, Norway. With help from the Norwegian Smash community we have held several Melee tournaments the last years, with players like Armada and Android attending. Now both the LAN and Smash Norway are expanding, and with the support of Salty Playground can we present the biggest installment yet.

- ORGANIZERS -

Drømmelan & Smash Norway
Don Krool
Flikkflakk
Askeflink
++

- LOCATION -

The venue is in a Secondary School in Sandvika, which lies 15 minutes from Oslo and 40 from Oslo Airport by train. Nearby is Supermarkets, restaurants, coffee-bar and all you need within 10 minutes by foot.

You fly either to Oslo Airport OSL (closest) or Oslo Rygge RYG. From there you find trains at NSB.

Map from Sandvika train station to the venue, Sandvika VGS.

Sleeping is fully allowed in the venue, just bring something to sleep on. There is security guards around to ensure safety.

- SCHEDULE -

FRIDAY 7. NOVEMBER
17:00: Doors open for people with setups
18:00: Doors open for the rest
19:30: PM Singles bracket starts
22:30: PM Singles top 8

SATURDAY 8. NOVEMBER
10-11: Time to eat your breakfast!
11-13: Melee Singles Pools
13-16: Melee Teams Bracket
16-17: Food break

17-20: Melee Singles Bracket
20:00: Half an hour break
20:30: Top 4 Melee Teams
21:30: Top 8 Melee Singles

SUNDAY 9. NOVEMBER
11-16: Smash 4 3DS bracket
16:00: Closing down, thanks for coming!

- ENTRANCE -

IMPORTANT INFO: We need to get everyone confirmed, and you must therefore fill out the form under. You can still pay at the door if you prefer. An extra 50 NOK has been added due to late registration.

Form is here!

75 NOK for entrance (*+50 NOK after 5th of November)
75 NOK for Melee singles
50 NOK for Melee teams
30 NOK for Project M
30 NOK for Smash 4 3DS
---------------------
260 NOK for all (*310)

You can either pre pay via PayPal at http://drommelan.com/seating/ (Only in norwegian), or at the door when you arrive.

People with LAN-ticket don't pay for entrance, just for the tournaments you would like to attend.

- MELEE RULESET -

4 stocks.
8 minutes time limit.
Items off.
Sets are best of 3 until top 8, where best of 5 is played.
The match will be decided by stocks remaining if time runs out. If the same, remaining percent left.
If stocks and percent is the same, the match will be replayed, and no sudden death will count.
Bring your own controller!
Tactics used for staling the time is forbidden. Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.

How to start a set: Stage striking. You strike stages till only one remains, on which you play.
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

You cannot pick the stage you last won on, unless both agrees.

«Friendly fire» is on.
Life steal is allowed.

Stages
Neutral 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutral 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None
- PROJECT M RULESET-
General Rules
  • Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. From Winner semi finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser is banned
Doubles Rules
    • Team Attack enabled
    • Sharing stocks is allowed
Stage List
Neutral Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • SSE: Jungle [Doubles Only]
Counter-Pick Stages
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Wario Ware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Yoshi’s Story (Melee) [Singles Only]
Match Procedure
      • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
      • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
      • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
      • The players play the first match of the set
      • Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
      • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they’ve already won on during this set, unless agreed.
      • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
      • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
      • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
      • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
- SMASH BROS 3DS RULESET -

Avalon-ruleset with custom stage list.
  • 3 Stock.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to “off”.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's semis, winner's finals, loser's quarters, loser's semis, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, while best of 5 will be played out for any of the aforementioned sets, including grand finals.
  • You should bring your own 3DS or at the very least make sure you always have access to one when you need it. Not having a system when you need one is never a valid excuse for delaying your match, so you are seriously encouraged to have your own.
  • You are responsible for your own controls and name tag. Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controls, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Custom moves are legal.
  • You always have to show your opponent your custom move selection when you pick your character.
  • All equipment is banned. If you are caught using equipment, you will immediately be disqualified. Your opponent is allowed to make sure you are following this rule when you select a custom character.
  • Miis are banned.
  • Pausing should be turned off. In the event pause is on and is pressed during a tournament match, whether by accident or on purpose, the opponent can demand that the perpetrating player forfeit their stock.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the LAST stage they won on in the set, unless agreed upon by both players.
  • All infinites are legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states all infinites are to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • No coaching request: If your opponent is being coached, you can request this not to happen and that should be honored. Note that this applies to coaching during matches and not inbetween.

Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
  • Opponents choose their (custom) characters for the first match *, if any custom moves are chosen you will immediately show them to your opponent
  • Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  • The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  • The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes
  • The winner of the previous match chooses their (custom) character, taking no more than 2 minutes
  • The loser of the previous match chooses their (custom) character, taking no more than 2 minutes
  • Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Resolving Ties
  • Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
  • If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
  • When a suicide move ends the match (such as Bowser’s Koopa Klaw or Ganondorf’s forward+B), the game’s verdict should always be honored. This means that if the game goes to Sudden Death rather than a victory screen, it is a tie and the 1-stock rematch will have to be played.

Stage List

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages
All Ω/Omega stages (these are treated the same as FD for DSR), with the exception of WarioWare, Inc.
Ferox Arena
Brinstar (Melee)
Prism Tower

Gentleman's clause: If both players come to an agreement, stages may be chosen that aren't otherwise legal.

- INTERESTED -

I will start to update and confirm the player list as the registration forms come in.
YELLOW = CONFIRMED

Norway
(73)

Don Krool
Flikkflakk
Askeflink
Thomas

Vdogg
Kriz
Zorc
Plufball
Denato™
Bezhad
Taka

Drasil
Madlobster
JAPF
Dragmirejr

Live2kill
TNinja
TheRedSock
Vågan
Killi
Skyreon
Skibsnes
Bose
Havrd
IBRoWz

Morika
haraldinho
Garuda
MM720
Zaf
Toa
Endeby
Evil Muffin
Tønder
Matsimilian
ImperfeCt
Iver
Simen
Emili0
FordiBoii
Hellmaker
Sealmore
PaD
Dyne
Kartoffelmos
Foxwee
Hurlevent
Givi
SupremeB
Fenrisulven
Magu

Sokou
Maxthunder
Ogiwara
Pyrobear
Vaneri
Issi^
Vepsar
Laration
Mjus
SternMorge
Rusta
Raptus
Vizixify
Jon
Hudet
Andresen
schrödinger
Woxen
DannYY
The King
Ælj
Frikky
Diks

Sweden
(14)

Armada
Leffen
Android
CalleW
VeJådd

Dev
Lolex
Mike Haggar
Zoler
Jerk
Pontus
Kuja
KIM
Vicky

Danmark (1)
King Funk

Germany
(7)

Ice
UCK
Liva

dRage
MISTRRLOVE

Jon_ass
Frozenlight

Netherlands
(7)

Jeapie
Tilt
Rens
Twan
$tijn
Var Parasite
FB

Spain
(1)

Overtriforce

Total interested: 104
Confirmed: 98

Send in this form to get confirmed, by the end of November 5th.

Last edited:

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
The Parisian crew is coming... which includes me! :D

Also, so much win in the postal code it ain't funny...

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I really want to attend this (since I'm Norwegian as well) but it's at the same date as SpillExpo (Norway's version of EGX, Gamescom, E3 and such). I dunno if I can attend both..... (and I can't decide what I'm most hyped for). If Nintendo will be officially represented at SpillExpo (unlike last year) I'll probably ditch this. If not then I'll most likely come here.

A "maybe" for now :)

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Whelp I've decided: I'm going (Nintendo isn't gonna be at SpillExpo but since the Smash even ends on Friday that means I can attend Spillexpo on monday :)

Confirm MM720 From Norway

Last edited:

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT INFO: It's almost just two weeks left till DrømmeLAN, feel the hype! But we need to get everyone confirmed, and you must therefore fill out this form. You can still pay at the door if you prefer. Deadline is next wedensday at midnight.

Form is here!

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Just wondering.....is it allowed to enter Melee teams while partnering with a CPU? :3

Flying Man Level 9 Luigi gonna mess everyone up

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
FYI: I'm not German :p

You'd think my own countrymen would know this haha

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
So many players aren't confirmed yet ... guys, don't miss the deadline D:
This event gonna be insane!

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I know that very well Nick, but since you live there and your german friends can much more easily see you if I put you there. But I moved you.

MM720: That happends, but usually when we have one player too many. It would be better if you looked for a teammate, or we can find one for you.

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Soo any new info about the PM and SSB4 rulesets? :)

Also if you want to sleep over, do you have to make a reservation or something? (And can you sleepover friday even if you didn't enter earlier as long as you have a ticket)

Last edited:

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Soo any new info about the PM and SSB4 rulesets? :)

Also if you want to sleep over, do you have to make a reservation or something? (And can you sleepover friday even if you didn't enter earlier as long as you have a ticket)
I will fix the rulesets ASAP, I'm sorry for the delay on that. No reservation needed for sleeping, you can sleep over from friday till sunday, no problem.

Top Bottom