• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 29, 2014] IthrowTurkeys' GOBBLE GOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE tournament... (Akron, OH)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ithrowthings' after Thanksgiving tournament.

GOBBLE GOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE!

PLEASE NOTE: THE VENUE HAS BEEN CHANGED. DATE/TIME STILL REMAIN THE SAME

Events include Smash 4 for the Wii U and Melee. I have two Smash 4 setups but need more cubes/CRTs. Please bring whatever you can.

$5 Smash 4 singles
$5 Melee singles
$10 Smash 4 doubles (if enough interest)
$10 Melee doubles (if enough interest)
$1 Mystery side event

-Players who fail to report to their match within 10 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 15 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- BYOC
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- You are allowed to pick a stage you have already banned against your opponent.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.
- Team Attack ON

Melee rules:
Standard APEX 2014 ruleset.

Smash Wii U rules:
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack is On
  • Pause Disabled
  • The act of stalling is banned -- Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If a match ends with a Character’s suicide move, the player that initiated the suicide move, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Ganondorf, win the match regardless of what the results screen states.
  • If the game results in a Timeout the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in % it goes to a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.
  • Any Glitch that freezes the game is banned.
  • Equipment of any type is banned.
  • Mii Fighters are not allowed
  • Custom Movesets are not allowed
Stage Striking and Bans
  1. Highest seed strikes first
  2. 1-1 then you start on remaining stage.
  3. A stage may be agreed upon by both parties.
  4. At the end of the each match
  5. the winner may ban 2 stages (If FD is banned Omega stages are NOT banned as well).
  6. Loser announces counterpick stage
  7. Winner may change character, then loser may change character
  8. Game 2 commences
  9. Repeat above steps at end of Game 2 if a Game 3 happens.
  10. Every set, including finals, will only have 2 bans per player/team.
  11. Dave’s Stupid Rule, DSR, is on.
  12. You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
Wii U stages (preliminary)

Final Destination* (FD Only as a starter. Omegas are considered as FD for counterpick only)
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Town and City

Counterpick Stages
- Skyloft
- Delfino Island
- Lylat Cruise
- Wuhu Island
- Pilotwings

Payouts will be decided based on attendance. I'm assuming <32 will attend so payouts will likely be:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Attendance: 16 confirmed, 10 maybes
Ithrowthings
Bead
Suyon
Zareidriel
Riddler
SmashMcGee
SoleCalibur
Links24
Wamsleytime
ArgentStew
IvoYaridovich
Nidokingu
Lt. Lush
Lt. Lush +1
Dempt
King Chaos
M@v?
Derf?
Drew?
Crum?
Sara?
Wisdom?
Brian?
Metal-Ace?
Rend4125?
Colinies?

I am making a turkey for this event. $1 gets you turkey and stuffing. The $1 will be waived if you bring a smash 4 or melee setup!

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Aw man, these always happen on the weekends I work (I have a night shift starting at 7 PM). I alternate weekends, so...

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Hey guys. The venue is now my place, so to anyone coming I just want to you let know. I have cats. So, standard pet rules. Please don't let them outside and such and don't scare em. Though I expect they'll probably stay mostly in their hidey places. Street parking is standard, but please do not park in front of the hydrant outside my house. Police will ticket you for it.

I will have a recording setup for Smash Wii U as well. Recording setup will be on the 50 inch. If you don't want any video of you posted, please make sure that I know what your tag is so I omit any matches with you that are played on that TV.

Lt.Lush

Smash Rookie
What's the date time and address for this? I wanna come down and I can bring a buddy. We also could bring both our wii u's and smash.

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Everything in the box above should be correct. Certainly my address and I don't believe we discussed changing any times.

Lt.Lush

Smash Rookie
For some reason my phone covers up the info box with a huge map so I can't see it :/

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
For some reason my phone covers up the info box with a huge map so I can't see it :/
Start Date: Nov 29, 2014 01:00 PM
End Date: Nov 29, 2014 08:00 PM
Time zone: America/New_York -05:00 EST

2335 Tyro Ave
Akron, OH 44305

Lt.Lush

Smash Rookie
See you guys this afternoon! Also, I'm bring a total of 3 including myself! So see ya soon!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Great matches! See ya at the next Gobbbly Wobbly (if not before).

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Eh not terrible for my first Wii U tourney considering i don't own the game yet and only played it a few times. I'll be coming for you guys when I get a system for sure!

Top Bottom