• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
You can find the Facebook event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/1520787124908889/.

E2C 20 will be on Saturday, November 28th and will feature Anti. The event will be live streamed on our newly partnered Twitch channel twitch.tv/events2compete for Smash 4.

PLEASE BRING SETUPS. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE TO GET YOUR DISCOUNT FOR BRINGING A SETUP. We will need as many as 25 setups for Smash 4.

Free parking is available all day with a huge parking lot to accomodate everyone.

Try to arrive 30 minutes before your first event starts to check in. If you arrive late, you may be dq'd if you are holding up the bracket.

Visitor fee is $5. Venue fee is $13 if you pre-register and pay online, $15 if you pre-register and pay at the door, and $17 if you don't pre-register and sign up at the door. We do not allow refunds once you have registered online or at the door to ensure that all players that register will actually attend. The only scenario when refunds are allowed are if an event is cancelled, or if an event begins more than 1 hour after scheduled start time.

**********************************************************************************************
Event List:
**********************************************************************************************
Doors open at 10:30 am

Smash 4 2v2's - 11 am - 3 pm
Smash 4 Auction Event - 3 pm - 4 pm
Smash 4 1v1: 4 pm - 11 pm

(Times are subject to change)

Important Dates

November 9th - Pre-registration opens ($13 venue fee)

November 27th - Registration closes at 6 pm

November 28th - E2C 15 and $15 venue fee at the door

Payout Percentages

Payout percentages for each game (Players & Teams):

If < 10
1st - 70%
2nd - 30%

<20
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

<30
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

<40
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

<50
1st - 42%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 12%
4th - 10%
5th - 8%
6th - 4%

<60
1st - 40%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 12%
4th - 10%
5th - 8%
6th - 5%
7th - 3%

60-100
1st - 40%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 8%
6th - 4%
7th - 2%
8th - 1%

100+

1st - 40%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 8%
6th - 4%
7th - 2%
8th - 1.5%
9th - .5%

Rules

Do not leave the venue at any time unless you have notified your pool captain or one of the TO's. We will be strict about disqualifying if we cannot find you for more than 10 minutes and you are holding up a bracket. If you disappear or are free-playing/money-matching when you have a match to play, you will be disqualified for the match that you are holding up.

Players will be placed into 8 bracket pools based on the number of setups and the turnout we have. All bracket pools are double elimination. Top 4 will advance to the next round and players will start fresh without any losses.

Smash 4 rules

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njD1gX3PgNI4UdZYmH3cqVqIwav7NXfkxPUl7cizEzI/pub

Auction Event rules

Rules will be specified the day of the tournament. Each event has had a different set of rules. The event will be single elimination with random stages. Seeding will be based on the amount spent on a character. The highest amount will be the top seed and the lowest amount will be the bottom seed. Top 2 will get paid with a 70/30 payout split.

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
So there's no preregistration other than the Facebook page?

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
When exactly does each game start and end? I'm mainly going for the Brawl and 64, but I can try Melee too I guess.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
What's the full schedule?
Every game will begin at the same time from 11:30 am to 5 pm. You can register for a max of two tournaments. We will run pools and top 2 or 3 depending on the size of the pool will advance to a double elimination tournament once all pools are completed.

So there's no preregistration other than the Facebook page?
That's correct. Just show up and we'll register you there.

When exactly does each game start and end? I'm mainly going for the Brawl and 64, but I can try Melee too I guess.
All games start at 11:30 am but just to let you know, there is a max registration of 2 games per player, otherwise that will delay every game and we will end up going past 5 pm which we can't do because of the group that's booked after us.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
So it's $8 to get in the building and $10 to enter the tournament. $18 seems a little expensive, don't ya think? Is this unable to be changed or did I calculate wrong?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
That's correct but you get $2 off for every system, game, CRT, or new friend you bring with you. In the end most people will end up paying about $4 on average which I think is fair.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
That's correct but you get $2 off for every system, game, CRT, or new friend you bring with you. In the end most people will end up paying about $4 on average which I think is fair.
All right. I think that's all I need to know. I'll be there.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Great looking forward to seeing you there. Let me know if you're bringing anyone with you.
Well I am bringing a friend with me, probably my sister if she feels up to it, and I guess my dad (who will not be playing).

Also I could bring Smash 64.

Last edited:

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
What are the rule sets for each game?
Like, how many stocks and is it best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5?

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Will this be streamed?

Also, I'll be there for Brawl with a Wii+Brawl if you guys end up needing another.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Another thing: will there be friendlies? I want to know in case my sister comes so she has something to do there.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Will this be streamed?

Also, I'll be there for Brawl with a Wii+Brawl if you guys end up needing another.
Awesome thanks Kamo. And no guarantees for streaming but we plan on at least recording the matches and uploading them later. It all depends on their internet but i'll find out and update everyone. If anyone can bring a laptop to stream or record please let me know and you will get your venue fee waived. We will need a different stream setup for each game.

Another thing: will there be friendlies? I want to know in case my sister comes so she has something to do there.
Yes depending on how many setups people bring, I am shooting for having at least one setup for free play for each game as long as we get enough. Just to let you know visitors pay a $4 venue fee and can play any game with other players.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Awesome thanks Kamo. And no guarantees for streaming but we plan on at least recording the matches and uploading them later. It all depends on their internet but i'll find out and update everyone. If anyone can bring a laptop to stream or record please let me know and you will get your venue fee waived. We will need a different stream setup for each game.

Yes depending on how many setups people bring, I am shooting for having at least one setup for free play for each game as long as we get enough. Just to let you know visitors pay a $4 venue fee and can play any game with other players.
Cool!

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
(wow I'm talking a lot here!)

If I were to bring Smash Melee or Brawl, how do we know which one I'm handed back is actually mine? I mean like I'm not gonna write on the disc or anything, so how would that work?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
(wow I'm talking a lot here!)

If I were to bring Smash Melee or Brawl, how do we know which one I'm handed back is actually mine? I mean like I'm not gonna write on the disc or anything, so how would that work?
Glad to answer any questions and for this thread to keep getting bumped to the top. We'll use scotch tape and you can write your name on the tape to identify which one is yours. I'll try my best to put you in the pool with your system for you to keep track of it.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I can confirm that I can bring Melee and Project M. Also, do you guys need any more CRTs?

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Glad to answer any questions and for this thread to keep getting bumped to the top. We'll use scotch tape and you can write your name on the tape to identify which one is yours. I'll try my best to put you in the pool with your system for you to keep track of it.
Are you sure it'd be fine on the discs though? No friction in the disc drive from the tape?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
The tape would go on the system, not the game. We'll use two separate pieces of tape for the system and the game.

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to change the user associated with my tag in the Brawl bracket? KaMo isn't my account.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
For anyone interested in playing Mario Kart 64 or GoldenEye 64, we are including a bonus of $150 for 1st place for each game in addition to the payout. Be sure to register if you think you have what it takes to win.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Are we allowed to use custom controls for Brawl? I like to use my C-stick as a grab instead of a smash attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom