• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 23, 2014] SSB 3ds&Wii U. Cafe Allah Smash @ Hookah Cafe, Winter Haven Florida:

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros U and 3DS tournament November 23, 2014 at the Winter Haven Hookah Cafe.
1070 NW Havendale Blvd, Winter Haven Fl, 33881
No Door Fee
$5 singles
$5 doubles
Pre Paid Visa giftcards payout to top 3 places (values to be determined based off showing)
Starts at 1PM

General Rules
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8-Minute time limit
  • No items or equipment will be allowed within matches.
  • Pausing set to off
  • Custom moves allowed for 3DS version ONLY.
  • Mii's are BANNED
  • Custom controls are allowed
  • Your 3DS must be either plugged in a charger OR have at least 2/3 battery filled before the match starts.
  • All matches are played with Local wireless so lag should be no problem
  • Sets are best of 3, finals (winners and losers) are best of 5
Neutral Stages
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Seige
  • Halberd
  • Omega versions of other stages (i.e. Final Destination Versions)
  • Further testing to be determined
  • There will be no DSR (DSR states that you are not allowed to counterpick back to a stage that you have already won on in that specific set) due to lack of knowledge of legal stages at this time (3DS and Wii U versions of the game have different stages).
  • This will be updated and announced closer to the tournament.
Stage and Character Striking
  • Before the set begins Rock, Paper, Scissors (or G&W hammers) is played to determine who chooses the first stage.
  • First match character selections are double-blind (any discrepancies are to be reported to the TO for a true, hand-written double-blind selection process)
  • After the first match, the winner bans 2 stages then the loser picks where to go.
  • Once the previous loser chooses their stage, the winner has the option to change their character
  • This stage list will remain the same for Doubles as well
For more info text or call 863-709-4174 or message me on here or facebook @ Anthony J Giuffrida or Hacky at 863-514-6629 / @ Joshua Henson on FB.

**Some conditions may change based on storeowners demands.

Last edited:

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
3ds and wii u.
We will have 2 or 3 wii u set ups and controller converter s for the smash controllers.

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
Wait, the payout is in Gamestop gift cards? why not money? or is that a bonus with the money? I am confused.

Also why is yoshi's not a neutral?

Last edited:

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
I think omega stages with walls should be bannable. As in: "i ban walled omega stages". Characters like shiek that can cling to the wall can abuse them without stalling. And yoshi's should definitely be a starter.

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
Wait, the payout is in Gamestop gift cards? why not money? or is that a bonus with the money? I am confused.

Also why is yoshi's not a neutral?
I think omega stages with walls should be bannable. As in: "i ban walled omega stages". Characters like shiek that can cling to the wall can abuse them without stalling. And yoshi's should definitely be a starter.
No, just one.
Because the thinks it's illegal because "technically its gambling"
fts though. I think we can do visa gift cards in 60, 30, 10% payouts.

And thats a much better neutral than Wileys lol

Last edited:

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
I don't feel like Arena Ferox is a neutral stage because the roofs that spawn aren't passable, it would be like playing on Reset Boom. Also why not stage striking instead of RPS? I personally don't like RPS. I don't know how the rest of the community feels about it but Stage striking is better.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, just trying to help and give some insight.

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
How can we figure out who strikes first? The person to host the match is always p1. We cant do port priority strikes second. Coin toss?

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Bring your friends too :D

And does anyone know how I post the google map location image in the information?

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
So Gdub suggested that for banning stages, since most omega stages are the same, either the level has walls, or its a floating platform, that a banner can ban either walled omega levels or platform levels. I likt this idea, what do you guys think

dskank

Smash Journeyman
So Gdub suggested that for banning stages, since most omega stages are the same, either the level has walls, or its a floating platform, that a banner can ban either walled omega levels or platform levels. I likt this idea, what do you guys think
im for the no ban ruleset, but if bans then ban fd and say all omegas are banned.

most tourneys are doing no bans right now, and there are so few stages that it makes sense. and all the legal stages are fair enough to not give a significant advantage to either player.

**** arena fairox tho, the second transformation is absolutely horrendous, i remember I took you there once and you quit the match as soon as you saw how awful the transformation was. my advice is to fallow your gut on that one lol.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
If fall brawl is hype as ****, then i'll take off work for it. But viper needs to bring that hype and not have mom and the **** ***** crew baby sit us.

Also. Just noticed those mad copy/paste skillz by dwho? on the rulls "banned from Houston events" lol

Another edit: "No excessive stalling" is really vague.

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming from Tallahassee with a carpool of at least 3, I might be 15 minute late. We get on the interstate around 9.

Top Bottom