• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Rebirth VI - MI Smash 4 Regional | Smash 4 1v1/2v2/Collegiate/Amiibos

Rebirth VI - MI Smash 4 Regional | Smash 4 1v1/2v2/Collegiate/Amiibos
Posted by Ori_bro
Columbus Hall & Banquet Center
Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:30 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Banner
- SOON

About
The Sixth installment in Michigan Smash 4's Premiere Smash 4 Tournament series. Rebirth V is the current record holder for largest Smash 4 event in the Midwest with 194 entrants! It managed to bring in all talent from around the state and parts of the Midwest along with ZeRo. For our next installment, Pulse plans to one up the previous installment by by taking what we learned last time to create an even greater tournament experience. This event brings a new side event, the MI Smash 4 Collegiate! Every College in the state is welcome to compete and try to earn the title as strongest school in Michigan.

Pre-Registration Link
- SOON

Tournament Organizers
• Kalle (Ori_bro) | Head TO | @KoolOriBro
• Zack (DBP) | Co TO | @PulseDBP
• Caleb (Jaxz) | Co TO | @PulseJaxz
• Alex (Vayseth) | Co TO | @Pulse_Vayseth

Livestream
• Streamer: Dakota (WuvS) | @GooshiGaming
• Twitch Channel: www.twitch.tv/GooshiGaming

Venue
• Columbus Hall & Banquet Center
• 8265 Dexter Chelsea Rd, Dexter, Michigan

Prices
• Venue* - $10**
• Smash 4 WiiU Doubles - $20 ($10 per player)
• Smash 4 WiiU Singles - $10
• Smash 4 Collegiate - $25 ($5 per player)
• Amiibo Death Match - $1

* Venue Fee can be waived if they bring a full Smash 4 Setup (Monitor/WiiU/Adapter)
** Increases to $12 if you don't pay in advance on Smash.gg

Schedule
• NO AT THE DOOR REGISTRATION FOR SMASH 4 SINGLES AND SMASH 4 DOUBLES. ALL MAIN EVENT REGISTRATION IS DONE ONLINE. COLLEGIATE & AMIIBO WILL BE DONE IN PERSON.

• 10:00 - Doors Open, Registration for Collegiate opens
• 11:45 - Registration for Collegiate Ends
• 12:00 - Smash 4 Collegiate Begins
• 01:30 - Smash 4 2v2 Begins
• 03:30 - Smash 4 Pools Wave A Begins
• 05:30 - Smash 4 Pools Wave B Begins
• 07:30 - Smash 4 Top 32 Begins
• 08:30 - Amiibo Bracket Begins
• 11:30 - Events Ends

Ruleset Compendium (Smash 4 Singles, Doubles, Collegiate Amiibo)
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1itcOaAwJNa287XcusPzcBLnhYWu4tqGaRYST4KR19f4/edit?usp=sharing

Payouts
Under 29
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%

30 - 39
1: 55%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: 5%

40 - 75
1: 48%
2: 22%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 2.5%
5: 2.5%

Above 76
1: 40%
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5%
5. 5%
7: 2.5%
7: 2.5%

Raffles/Incentives
- SOON

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Post Reserved for Announcements

Announcement 1: Pre-Registration
Hey guys we are going to start rolling out some announcements! First off we are partnering up with Smash.gg to host our event. We will be using Smash.gg for all registration and brackets of the event. You'll be using the same methods you did when registering for Big House to signup for this event.

So please register as soon as possible. The registration deadline is on 11/19 at 11:59pm and there is no at the door registration for Smash 4 Singles and Doubles. the only events that can be registered at the door are Collegiate Crews and Amiibo.

https://smash.gg/tournament/rebirth-vi/register

Last edited:

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
top 32 ResidentSleeper

and lol, doubles taking 2 hours what a joke, remember last time

also what is Collegiate

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
top 32 ResidentSleeper

and lol, doubles taking 2 hours what a joke, remember last time

also what is Collegiate
Doubles doesnt take 2 hours. Within the 2 hours of doubles starting we can be far enough along that we can begin pools.

Collegiate is a Crew Battle event. School vs school in a 5v5 crew battle

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
Doubles doesnt take 2 hours. Within the 2 hours of doubles starting we can be far enough along that we can begin pools.

Collegiate is a Crew Battle event. School vs school in a 5v5 crew battle
idk man, I'm still doubting the amateur bracket's existence

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
idk man, I'm still doubting the amateur bracket's existence
It doesn't exist. That was an accident caused by copying some of the Rebirth V stuff.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
^ what Vipermoon said. When copying stuff from the Rebirth description it accidentally slipped through. If an official event is happening at the tournament, it will be seen in the schedule.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Pre-reg is live!!!!!!

Hey guys we are going to start rolling out some announcements! First off we are partnering up with Smash.gg to host our event. We will be using Smash.gg for all registration and brackets of the event. You'll be using the same methods you did when registering for Big House to signup for this event.

So please register as soon as possible. The registration deadline is on 11/19 at 11:59pm and there is no at the door registration for Smash 4 Singles and Doubles. the only events that can be registered at the door are Collegiate Crews and Amiibo.

https://smash.gg/tournament/rebirth-vi/register

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
so I can't prereg cuz I don't have a credit card and Im not gonna ask my mom lol. So what extra do I have to pay to get in. (Unless cap is reached)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
so I can't prereg cuz I don't have a credit card and Im not gonna ask my mom lol. So what extra do I have to pay to get in. (Unless cap is reached)
Your best bet is to go and purchase a prepaid Visa card with the amount you need to register.

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
alright I'll have to figure it out. Normally I'm not sure what my family is doing until the day of so it can get tricky!

Snake2229

Smash Rookie
NNID
SolidSnake222900
3DS FC
4940-5956-6856
okay, new here, so is this event open to anyone? I've been wanting to try my hand at smash tournaments for awhile now, just haven't yet

Attomi

Smash Cadet
okay, new here, so is this event open to anyone? I've been wanting to try my hand at smash tournaments for awhile now, just haven't yet
Yeah, anyone can play who pre-registers with the Smash.gg link.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey everyone I'm quoting this from the Rebirth VI Facebook Event Page. Please give it a read because it is super important that you all follow along.

Facebook Announcement said:
Hello guys, this is a super important post and you must read. If you don't there will be no remorse shown on Saturday.

Anyways, it's now Tuesday and we are set to have registration end on Thursday at 11:59pm. It seems like many people are having issues with meeting the deadline because of financial things, not having a reliable way to pay, etc.

To counter this and to hopefully increase attendance, we have decided that we will be having an option of pay at the door along with extending the deadline of the registration to Friday at 5pm. Pre-Registration is still 100% mandatory on Smash.gg so we will not be taking any day of registration for Singles and Doubles. This means you better have your teammates figured out as well. We aren't adding teams in the day of. There will be a slightly increased venue fee like we did at Rebirth V so be prepared to have a little extra cash if you choose this option.

Collegiate and Amiibo are still register and paid for in person. So bring your college's team and strongest Amiibo!

Speaking of Collegiate, we are opening it up to high schoolers as well. If you aren't in college but have a group of 5 players feel free to make a crew and join in the fun.

If you pre-registered fully we will find something special for you all. You guys who paid fully in advance really help us out a lot.

So there is one of our big posts for the week. Please share this post and let everyone know so they can enjoy Rebirth VI. A lot of effort is being done to make this event a huge success and we need you all to be there!

Thanks,

Pulse|Ori

So please register as soon as possible
- https://smash.gg/tournament/rebirth-vi/register

Top Bottom