• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 15, 2014] Smash 101 (Oak Park, IL)

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Me too! Where is this magical skill thread?

Edit: Oh there it is. I wonder why smash boards was so behind for me?

Scythe

Smash Master
i wanna paly random in tda crews lol
and did you just saw my random = rat? lol

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
fine if i join ill use roy... -.- im horrible with roy anywho :3
Horrible with Roy he says. It'll be fun he says.

I'll be there around 6pm. I am not getting a case of work johns.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
My apologies if this comes out as selfish(it's not intended to sound selfish) but I'm very new on Smashboards. I was wondering if anyone else knows of events going on within the Chicago area other than Oak Park? I'm personally from the Oakbrook Terrace area.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
There are no regular tournament series that happen outside of Oak Park right now. In the past, there have been many tournaments held at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL, and there is a new TO looking to start running events in Lisle.

As far as smashfests/casual meetups are concerned, they are pretty much everywhere in Chicago and the burbs, you just have to know who is around.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wonder if I can make it to this too. I just wanna play Smash in general, but it could be good for me to learn some **** too.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I work tomorrow, but I get off around 8ish. Could probably make it there with only a few hours to play, but it's still playin so I wouldn't give a damn.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
What time does the shindig open tonight?

EDIT: nvm, 5pm. My foolishness. :p

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
There are no regular tournament series that happen outside of Oak Park right now. In the past, there have been many tournaments held at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL, and there is a new TO looking to start running events in Lisle.

As far as smashfests/casual meetups are concerned, they are pretty much everywhere in Chicago and the burbs, you just have to know who is around.
Thanks for the quick reply my friend. Lisle is much closer for me personally. The info is much appreciated dude!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm a Link main. I've played countless friends and beaten them and level 9s are just practice for combos really. I want a challenge. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the smash scene is like in Chicago. I look forward to meeting some great people and finding opponents.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Try and go to the Wavedash Wednesdays then. Those are weekly tournaments and friendlies

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Try and go to the Wavedash Wednesdays then. Those are weekly tournaments and friendlies
I'd love to but I can't because of my college class schedule right now. I will probably show up eventually at some Oak Park tournaments eventually. The tournaments sound like tons of fun and I can't wait to test my skills against other smash players.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Went last time. What a ****ing blast. Expect to see me again, hopefully with some fresh new faces looking to improve their game.

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
Gonna attend, I could use some teaching. I'm a 3 month old baby in the smash community

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
I will have some cool things to teach I guess if people are interested.
Not gonna lie; you're performance at Shuffle got me interested in ZSS. I'd definitely be willing to sit down and take some lessons from you.

On a side note: I'm calling you out right now, Harry the Chin. $5 MM Link dittos in Melee. We only got one game in at Suburb Smash, and I could already see your disguise falling apart. You aren't the true Hero of Time!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Yes pooch. We know. Harry isn't his real name. That's just his chins' name.

Also. Since I'm relatively new I can't wait to play more friendlies with everyone. Especially those of you I haven't played.

Top Bottom