• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yep, its official people. CoroCoro just rehashed the info on the Dojo. We got nothing new.

CoroCoro's website has this posted:

The translation is as follows, with my personal notes in the brackets. (By the way, I leave the English intentionally strange. It is a DIRECT translation, so you guys can get an better idea of what it says exactly and form your own opinions from it):

"[big text at the top]Super Smash Bros X All Character Big Presenting to the Public Book

[yellow text below] That King DeDeDe has finally arrived! The game with subjects [also read as topics] under monopoly that always get attention, a complete single copy [of a book, magazine, etc.] that explains the Smash Brothers' characters [read as all characters].

[white text at bottom] As for what it contains, if we tell you now then next month on our homepage, we wouldn't have anything to say, so other than those who have a time machine, wait in anticipation for next month!!"

My personal opinion: They say "all characters" which could mean all the characters in the game, OR all the characters from the Dojo. Its impossible to tell which, and the article I initially translated (which was a Mother fansite that was reporting the news) speculated that it could simply be the starting roster. In the past (twice), CoroCoro said they were going to have news on Smash, but it turned out to be a rehash of the Dojo with one or two new screenshots at best. Which is why I am leaning towards the "all the characters from the Dojo" interpretation.

That is simply my opinon. I honestly hope I'm wrong.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
How accurate has this magazine been? It'll give me something to look forward to since the Dojo updates have been utter garbage.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's a great find, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we get DOJO updates of the characters that are left before then, though. Such sources always seem to recap what the DOJO has announced, and hopefully that means we'll get a couple character updates in the next few weeks! There's always hope.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
CoroCoro Comics has gained a reputation ever since they exclusively revealed pokemon in D/P. But in terms of their Smash news so far, its generally just been a rehash of things we already know.

Revven

FrankerZ
CoroCoro Magazine was the magazine that confirmed online for the game weeks before the update was put on the site supposedly anyway (there was never any proof).

Irregardless, I'm glad to know this information. Good find, SamuraiPanda.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Ok wow, this could either be a let down if we just found out what we already know, or completely epic.

So it's a Saturday, that would make for some good weekend discussion.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
They'll most likely only reveal the starting roster. If we have a 40+ roster, the starting roster should be somewhere in the high 20's/low 30's, so it should be by then.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I don't get why you guys only want the starting roster, c'mon guys we'll get the whole roster. Just think of how many flame wars will end. And if your character is in, you can brag about it.

Sadnap

Smash Cadet
This is pretty awesome news. At least it'll give resolution to the endless "who's a starter" arguments.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I don't get why you guys only want the starting roster, c'mon guys we'll get the whole roster. Just think of how many flame wars will end. And if your character is in, you can brag about it.
But unlocking them and not knowing who your getting is half the fun. There is no point in having unlockable characters if you already know who they all are, then it's just a tedious task to get them.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Pretty awesome news. I admit, I'd love it if it was the full roster (even if it'll most likely make the wait more unbearable), but I'll be surprised if we get anything more than the starter roster (unless it reveals that not all the characters on the dojo are starters, which is possible).

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
That's like *checks calendar* 17 updates away!

It's also kinda ironic to see that I (kinda) get an early Birthday present from SORA (my B-Day is December 18th).

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Can't wait to figure out how the starting characters. Then we will know what characters on the Dojo will be secret.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm going to laugh when Captain Falcon is revealed tomorrow and Sakurai makes an Info update to announce that the starting roster has been completely revealed. :chuckle:

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
True, but just because the Dojo has something doesn't mean they have to say it. Nate Bihldorf (sp?), of Nintendo, has stated that the Dojo prepares its updates 5 weeks ahead of actually posting them, so the most recent updates were organized 5 weeks ago... :dizzy:
You mean they just made out my birthday update yesterday!?

That also means the Judgement Day update will be organized one month from yesterday... Assuming CoroCoro only shows the Starting Lineup, of course.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hmm... excellent. And we shall rub this in that idiots face who said they'd only have 2 characters.

I can't see them releasing all of the characters. But then again, I've been surprised. Good Luck.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really hope we get the full roster. I would no longer have any reason to check the site. lol

On the other hand if we only got the starting roster it'd prove those silly people who think we've only seen the starting roster wrong. It's a win-win situation. ^_^

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
How accurate has this magazine been? It'll give me something to look forward to since the Dojo updates have been utter garbage.
I look for CoroCoro updates when Pokemon games are coming out. As far as video games go, they're up there on the accuracy scale.

December 15 is now a date I can look forward to. :chuckle:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We'll know the full roster by January 24th anyway, so I'll take the starting roster by December 15th any day.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
But unlocking them and not knowing who your getting is half the fun. There is no point in having unlockable characters if you already know who they all are, then it's just a tedious task to get them.
Then don't look, god are you ****ing stupid.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think it will be the starting roster if they go through with it. Sakurai said he wanted to reveal the unlockables before anyone else, so we might actually start getting unlockables in early - mid January.

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i'm saying the starting roster will most likely be 25-27 characters with 15 or more unlockable characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom