• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notable Players for Each Character (Ranking Period August-Dec 2015) [North America]

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
suggestion: make each character under spoilertags so the OP isn't extremely long by the end

Also Mew2King does play DK right? or did I miss something?

D

Deleted member

I'm top 5/6 in SFL a harder region. I have much better results than Rayquaza and Aphro, so it doesn't make sense at all to put me below them. You can ask opinions of anyone you want, but that doesn't change the facts, I also just got top 3 yesterday at a 140 man national we had here. Rayquaza literally did good one time and only got 5th, he doesn't have good enough results to be better than me and neither does Aphro.

Top placings I've gotten at big events like Paragon Orlando 4th, Frame Perfect, 5th, Nick Riddle's big tournament 3rd. I've also beaten top players like ESAM, MVD, and Nick Riddle in tournament sets before.These alone are much better than what Rayquaza has done.
aphro has beaten VoiD, K9, Mr. ConCon, RichBrown, and others.
also 140 man tournament =/= a national if no other regions were present. by that logic aphro got 5th at a 128 man tournament as well and rayquaza 5th at a 500+ man (actual national) tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Yoh is #1 on the Ontario PR and mains Sheik, Poke is #3 on the Ontario PR and plays luigi (btw). Poke has beaten ally and m2k before so he is def notable.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
aphro has beaten VoiD, K9, Mr. ConCon, RichBrown, and others.
also 140 man tournament =/= a national if no other regions were present. by that logic aphro got 5th at a 128 man tournament as well and rayquaza 5th at a 500+ man (actual national) tournament.
Okay? I have beaten ESAM, MVD, Nick Riddle, DJ Jack, Sol, Myran and others. My wins and placings are much better than Rayqazas and Aphro's. There's literally no reason to have either of them above me.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I wonder how you'll go about doing Olimar for the list. I personally believe I'm the best with Rich being the only alternate I'd consider of the same level. However I don't live in an actual stacked town with large weeklies and the like. Even so I almost always place top 8 at FL tournaments, especially as of late. Usually getting 4th or 5th at the larger ones, like Smash the Record (5th), Nick Riddle's tournament this past weekend (5th), GatorLAN 100+ man tournament (4th), and so on. My Smashboards records have some of the tournaments, but I don't believe it has all of them. If you wanted I could probably go dig up brackets. After 1st and 2nd I don't know the consistent results of other Olimars really. Also I'm not sure how often other players like Rich, Angbad, Coco, or any others go. I know I've seen Rich practice with other characters, but all of my results are 100% Olimar.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Based off results I don't agree at all actually. Falln is top 6 in SoCal, taking sets from everyone pretty much besides Larry/ZeRo recently. And Rayquaza got huge wins at THB5 which really helps him, especially since this is from August-last weekend. I looked through results, and the SmashBoards rankings and asked for opinions from people such as ZeRo, ANTi, and others that live with me.
Rayquaza's only "big" wins at TBH5 were Anti and Wizzrobe. The other players who were in his bracket aren't well known players. Although placing 5th at a supermajor is incredible, his bracket doesn't justify putting him as the second best Rosa. Xaltis is probably better than him.

That said, I think falln is the second best Rosa.

suggestion: make each character under spoilertags so the OP isn't extremely long by the end

Also Mew2King does play DK right? or did I miss something?
Mew2king isn't actually good.

Last edited:

Illuminose

Smash Ace
wonf from mexico should be included for sonic. he's third on their pr after leo and hyuga, and he's taken sets off hyuga in the past and recently.

would say he's better than espy

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Rayquaza's only "big" wins at TBH5 were Anti and Wizzrobe. The other players who were in his bracket aren't well known players. Although placing 5th at a supermajor is incredible, his bracket doesn't justify putting him as the second best Rosa. Xaltis is probably better than him.

That said, I think falln is the second best Rosa.
I can't express how much I mean exactly what I'm saying when I say this list is taken from results from August-December only.
This literally only helps my case more, because this is when I started to get all of my good/notable wins and placings. I am better than Rayquaza and Aphro and I have the wins, results, OOS placings to prove it. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but I just don't like when things aren't true. Please switch me to either 2nd or 3rd, depending on if you think Falln is better, I really have no idea what Falln's stuff is, I just know I tied with him at Paragon LA.

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Not to rush you Xzax Kasrani Xzax Kasrani , but do you have an ETA on the next update for this project? The OP indicates that the next batch of characters would be released on December 18th, but it's now the 21st.

Also, Marss is spelt incorrectly under the ZSS section.

Mew2king isn't actually good.
Who, other than DKWill, is a better DK in NA (heck, even worldwide)? It's definitely not possible to name 5 NA DKs better than him. Furthermore, Mew2King has solid results with this character which warrant being on this list.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4villager: - SS, Captawesome, ADHD, Jamtoast

:4luigi: - Mr. ConCon, Boss,

:4yoshi: - Firefly, Raptor,

:4pit::4darkpit: - Nario, Pink Fresh

:4olimar: - Dabuz, Rich Brown, Myran

:4rob: - 8bitman, Mister Eric,

:4dk: - Will, Mew2king, Average Joe,

:4lucario: - Kamicario

:4wario: - Reflexwonder, Tweek

:4bowserjr:- Tweek

:4tlink: - Same word as the Sports store, Biddy

:4pacman: - Zage, Koolaid

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
My (I'd like to think) educated opinion (I have a lot of stats and a good memory, but it is like 3am here, I might revise this list later if I remember someone)

:4villager: MJG, Ryuk, SS, BC, CaptAwesum
:4luigi:Mr. ConCon, Boss, Poke, OBA
:4yoshi: The Wall, Raptor, KDB, Poltergust
:4pit::4darkpit: Pink Fresh, Gottoms, Chompy
:4olimar: Myran, Rich Brown, Angbad, ImHip, GreenBeast
:4rob: 8Bitman, Holy, Gyo, SaSSy, WiiGi
:4dk: DKwill, Vex, DKbill
:4lucario: Kamicario, P2P with Gibus, Shiny, Astro
:4wario: TheReflexWonder, Waymas, Tweek
:4pacman: Koolaid, Zage, Sinji
:4tlink: Hyuga, Zan, S@nt, Ross, Jash
:4bowserjr: Tweek, Vicegrip, Castro, Moti

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Gibus is a strong Lucario player from TX. He has recently beaten Trela, Grim, Gnes and other notable players.
Castro for Bowser Jr
Sassy for ROB.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Koolaid for Pac (better than both Sinji and Zage most likely)

Rich Brown's results are too impressive to rate Myran above him

Illuminose

Smash Ace
I would say xaltis should be above aphro for sure, definitely below rayquaza and w/ falln is a toss-up.

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Is still waiting for the Rosalina part to get fixed. Xzax pls...
There is a Rosalina player in our state, named Kagura who is actually better than you, imo.

Just saying

On a serious note you also forget Shel, the :4luigi:guy who beat M2K at Smash N Splash

Xaltis

Smash Hero
No, if you go by results/wins and OOS placements, I should be 2nd or 3rd with Falln, this is not an opinion based list guys. I don't care if you "THINK" someone should be better than me, they're just not. Tell them to travel OOS more and get better placements and wins than me if you want them to be better than me.

Last edited:

G_Baby

Smash Cadet
While Xaltis is being aggressive here, I 100& agree with what is being said.

You are, without a shadow of a doubt top 3.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
While Xaltis is being aggressive here, I 100& agree with what is being said.

You are, without a shadow of a doubt top 3.
I thought I was being defensive. lol Not trying to be mean or rude to anyone, but when I have the results,wins,placements that makes me a top 3 Rosalina player, it kinda hurts when my community ignores most of my hard work. :/

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Dunno when stuff's gonna be changed or added, seems like OP hasn't been online since Sunday afternoon lol.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I thought I was being defensive. lol Not trying to be mean or rude to anyone, but when I have the results,wins,placements that makes me a top 3 Rosalina player, it kinda hurts when my community ignores most of my hard work. :/
I want to emphasize what Xaltis is saying here. I went through the same thing with R.O.B. 2009-2011 when I was always at the top of the majors/nationals/internationals with my character yet may not have had a "vocal following".
Keep this in mind when ranking strength:

Results > Popularity

I really have no favoritism towards Xaltis (barely know 'em) , I don't even know if the claims are true, but I want to emphasize that results speak for the player, no matter who that player is. Results should work for Xaltis if the claims are true just like they should work for everyone in a general sense.

Popularity can be there to nominate players, but it won't matter if there's 1 nomination or a million, the sheer number (popularity) of nominations should be an indicator as to whom we examine for results and then rank them accordingly. The data may or may not be there, but that's an issue to be resolved on its own.

^ The above is simply advice on a long-time competitive Smash vet who has helped with Power Rankings both locally and regionally. Hope it helps those who can help.

G_Baby

Smash Cadet
I am on your side here. Sorry when I used aggressive I did not mean a negative connotation of the word. I feel you are 100 percent justified and some of us (at least me) do notice how strong of a player you have become.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
tbh i havn't seen Xaltis gameplay at all, but I havn't even HEARD of Aphro or whoever it is above him so Xaltis should at least be above him

Illuminose

Smash Ace
anti is a big win and given what wizzrobe managed to do at that tournament I'd say he's a pretty solid win too. placing a lot more stock in wins at major tournaments than local events. rayquaza_ got 5th at one of the most stacked tournaments of the year. he had a close set with zero, taking a game and being inches away from every other game in the set. he also took a game off nairo and was super close to getting another one. this isn't just 'oh hey he beat anti', the level of skill he displayed in his zero/nairo sets contributes a lot to his overall performance.

i honestly think the big house showing from rayquaza is enough to prove that he is a better player than xaltis. there's some degree of consistency and good results in florida but no notable national placings like that.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
tbh i havn't seen Xaltis gameplay at all, but I havn't even HEARD of Aphro or whoever it is above him so Xaltis should at least be above him
I hope you're not calling me a "him" in this post... >_>

Also I'm 1-0 with Wizzrobe in Smash 4... beating Anti isn't that big. Especially when I have wins over MVD ESAM Nick Riddle. lol

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I like how this thread went from "Who are the best players of each character" to "Who is the least worst compared to Dabuz"

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
How about

1.Dabuz

2.Rayquesa

3.Falln

4.Xaltis

5.Aphro

Is that correct? Going by a results standpoint

Xaltis

Smash Hero
How about

1.Dabuz

2.Rayquesa

3.Falln

4.Xaltis

5.Aphro

Is that correct? Going by a results standpoint
No, if you're going by results Rayquaza would be 4th. He's not better than me or Falln right now.

Also True Blue should be right under Seagull Joe in the Sonic area.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Than

1.Dabuz

2.Falln

3.Xaltis

4.Rayquasa07

5.Afro Circus Rosalina i've never heard of

Is that correct?

Top Bottom