• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notable Players for Each Character (Ranking Period August-Dec 2015) [North America]

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
This idea was made from @Shaya thread which I will post below (which has been inactive for a little bit) So I decided to make something until that thread returns or this might take over that idea entirely.
http://smashboards.com/threads/notable-players-list-aug-15-luigi-zss.396344/

So with the results posted in this thread, the current files Shaya had, and the SmashBoards ranking system, this rankings for the best players with each characters was made and will hopefully be continued with in the future :)

The projected idea was top 5 for each character but some characters have more and a few have less.

* REMEMBER THIS IS BASED OFF TOURNAMENT WINS/LOSSES FROM AUGUST 2015 TO NOW. THIS WILL BE UPDATED EVERY FEW MONTHS. I'M AIMING FOR THIS LIST TO BE AS UNBIASED AS POSSIBLE *

Sheik :4sheik:

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

GSM VoiD (SoCal)

iQHQ Vinnie (Tristate)

#THE LoF False (Tristate)

Cacogen (Washington)

NME Zex (NorCal)

4GG K9sbruce (Washington)

Astral Trevonte (NorCal)

Karna (Texas)

Zero Suit Samus :4zss:

Liquid Nairo (Tristate)

Marrs (New England)

VS NickRiddle (FL)

mMm Bengal (MD/VA)

V115 (Canada)

Dakpo (Texas)

DeLux (SoCal)

Rosalina and Luma :rosalina:

iQHQ Dabuz (Tristate)

Rayquaza (MI)

falln (SoCal)

Aphro (SoCal)

Xaltis (FL)

FS Frozen (Tristate)

Pikachu :4pikachu:

PG ESAM (FL)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

GW Z (Vegas)

Captain L (Canada)

NC JacobT (SoCal)

Sonic :4sonic:

modbot 6WX (Tristate)

StaticManny (FL)

Seagull Joe (MD/VA)

SuperGirlKels (Canada)

Espy (Texas)

LoCal Camalange (Tristate)

LoF Blue (Tristate)

Mario :4mario:

Boreal Ally (Canada)

#THE ANTi (Tristate)

2Scoops Zenyou (SoCal)

GGA Dan(Chicago)

NME Xzax (SoCal)

TA Teb (NorCal)

7. Diddy Kong :4diddy:

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

PG MVD (FL)

Pulse Zinoto (MI)

Astral Angel Cortes (Tristate)

JJRockets (Chicago)

BKO Legit (NorCal)

IC (SoCal/Mexico)

JTails (Tristate)

Fox :4fox:

#THE FAD Larry Lurr (SoCal)

Megafox (Texas)

NME Xzax (SoCal)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

G5 Dugan (Tristate)

Ksev (MI)

Feel Tension (MD/VA)

SK92 (Vegas)

PC Charliedaking (SoCal)

Snow (MD/VA)

Ness :4ness:

WtF Shaky (NorCal)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

GW FOW (Vegas)

iQHQ Ribs (Tristate)

Swarm DSS (NorCal)

HSG ATARi (New England)

Blazing Pasta (Tristate)

Meta Knight :4metaknight:

Leo (Mexico)

Ito (NorCal/SoCal)

NME Tyrant (SoCal)

UA JBandrew (Texas)

A2 S2H (SoCal)

SCB Oki (SoCal)

Katakiri (Ohio)

Captain Falcon :4falcon:

SWS Fatality (GA)

Tearbear (SoCal)

LoF Acid (DE)

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

GrimTurtle (Texas)

Max Ketchum (Tristate)

Jingen (SoCal)

Ryu :4ryu:

Trela (Texas)

DJ Jack (FL)

Modbot 6WX (Tristate)

4GG BAM (SoCal)

THIS LIST ISN'T 100% FINAL

IT WILL BE MOST LIKELY UPDATED A FEW TIMES IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

WE WILL ALSO BE MAKING SECTIONS FOR OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD ONCE WE GET ALL THE INFO NEEDED :)

The next batch of characters will be as follows (released date 12/18) :
:4villager:
:4luigi:
:4yoshi:
:4pit::4darkpit:
:4olimar:
:4rob:
:4dk:
:4lucario:
:4wario:
:4pacman:
:4tlink:
:4bowserjr:

Last edited:

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to have an "Honorable Mention" section or something for notable players who are outside of NA? This would allow players like Mr. R or Abadango to at least appear without the difficulties of creating a system of transoceanic comparison. It also makes characters like Greninja or Wii Fit have a more fleshed out list.

Also, how do Mexican players factor into the NA rankings you've got going here? Leo seems to be a notable omission already.

Aside from that, it's really good to see this starting up again. Good work so far.

Last edited:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Would it be possible to have an "Honorable Mention" section or something for notable players who are outside of NA? This would allow players like Mr. R or Abadango to at least appear without the difficulties of creating a system of transoceanic comparison. It also makes characters like Greninja or Wii Fit have a more fleshed out list.

Also, how do Mexican players factor into the NA rankings you've got going here? Leo seems to be a notable omission already.

Aside from that, it's really good to see this starting up again. Good work so far.
I am an idiot :p

I updated Leo into and I will most likely do an update with some not NA but to start it up NA was the easiest since I had the most data from NA to work from.

juddy96

Smash Lord
For 5th Rosalina: Aphro (SoCal)
For Sonic: CS | Wonf (PR #3 in Mexico, has a win over #2 Hyuga)
For Sheik: Yoh (PR #1 in Ontario, Canada)

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Anti has a really good ZSS and Luigi, his Shiek also beat ZeRo's in dittos.

Jtails is a good Diddy and a mediocre Shiek.

R.O.B. Has Holy, 8bitman and tantalus. Holy is Canada but that is technically NA.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Anti has a really good ZSS and Luigi, his Shiek also beat ZeRo's in dittos.

Jtails is a good Diddy and a mediocre Shiek.

R.O.B. Has Holy, 8bitman and tantalus. Holy is Canada but that is technically NA.
Gyo, SaSSy, and Raffi X are better than Tant

Emanos

Smash Rookie
Could we add Player 7 from Brazil? Not sure that hes noticeable enough to be in the list, being undefeated on his coutry and a couple of others here in south america is something to be said.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Don't wanna sound rude but are these in order? If so I should be 2nd or 3rd for Rosalina. Also you misspelled my name. ^^;

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Don't wanna sound rude but are these in order? If so I should be 2nd or 3rd for Rosalina. Also you misspelled my name. ^^;
I mean absolutely zero ill will with this statement but:

I think if you're going to make those kind of claims, you should also be posting supplementary information that supports your claims such as your win-loss records, brackets, results, etc.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I mean absolutely zero ill will with this statement but:

I think if you're going to make those kind of claims, you should also be posting supplementary information that supports your claims such as your win-loss records, brackets, results, etc.
Well since 9/22/15 (our regions last PR) I've only placed top 5 at every tournament, even frame perfect, only twice now have I not gotten top 5, placing 9th and 7th. My region is extremely stacked with sometimes ESAM, Nick Riddle, MVD, 8BitMan, DJ Jack, and Seibrik (for the very top known names).

IMO I don't believe the other Rosa mains have it harder than me for the amount of top level players in their area. I also do well at OOS tourneys, I believe the last one I was at was Paragon LA where I got 25th along with Falln. Most of my other placings are usually around top 32 at the big OOS events. Rayquaza did do good once, but overall he never goes to OOS so that should actually put him at the bottom if anything. I honestly don't really know who Aphro is, but for now I'm just going to assume I have better results than him.

Either way I'm glad my hard work is paying off as well as everyone else's. :)

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Aphro has been on the rise in this current season in SoCal. Look him up, he's beaten a lot of top SoCal players as of late.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I think his case is similar like Rayquaza to where he hasn't left OoS really (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
If that's the case then he should be at the bottom Rayquaza should be 4th and Falln and I should be 2nd and 3rd. I do believe I am better than Falln, but that's just from what I've seen.

ZTD | TECHnology

If that's the case then he should be at the bottom Rayquaza should be 4th and Falln and I should be 2nd and 3rd. I do believe I am better than Falln, but that's just from what I've seen.
I don't think its quite that cut and dry though in regards to out of state events.

If I live in one of the undeniably strongest regions for this game and get top placements consistently that should hold merit for sure. And if the out of state region you're attending is also strong then that definitely adds to your case. A strong showing at Paragon is a good example. But like if I kept winning out of state events in a state that isn't even reputable that shouldn't really hold much weight. I'm not saying that's the case here but just giving you food for thought. SoCal and Michigan are both strong regions with others visiting them because of their reputation. You don't always have to travel to show you're a great player (but obviously traveling is the most efficient way to do it; plus its fun).

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I don't think its quite that cut and dry though in regards to out of state events.

If I live in one of the undeniably strongest regions for this game and get top placements consistently that should hold merit for sure. And if the out of state region you're attending is also strong then that definitely adds to your case. A strong showing at Paragon is a good example. But like if I kept winning out of state events in a state that isn't even reputable that shouldn't really hold much weight. I'm not saying that's the case here but just giving you food for thought. SoCal and Michigan are both strong regions with others visiting them because of their reputation. You don't always have to travel to show you're a great player (but obviously traveling is the most efficient way to do it; plus its fun).
True, but that helps my case more, because Florida is either the 1st or 2nd hardest region to play in. I think my order makes the most sense to be honest.

ZTD | TECHnology

True, but that helps my case more, because Florida is either the 1st or 2nd hardest region to play in. I think my order makes the most sense to be honest.
That's totally opinion based. SoCal, TriState, Georgia and Midwest are also really strong. But we really just need more interactions between these regions right now.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
That's totally opinion based. SoCal, TriState, Georgia and Midwest are also really strong. But we really just need more interactions between these regions right now.
I suppose so, but I thought I saw somewhere that other top players we're agreeing on that. Either way without that, Falln and myself should take 2nd or 3rd spots. While Rayquaza and Aphro should take 4th and 5th spots due to them not going to many OOS tourneys.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
including non-na sheiks makes it hard because

mr r is the second best sheik
edge is the second best player in japan (he's a ranai-level player)
shu from japan is a similar tier player to void and vinnie
then there's still rain who is better than false/k9 and nyanko who is at least better than k9

sheik just has too many players lol

D

Deleted member

You should add 6WX for :4ryu: and Grimturtle for :4fox:

MJG (Kansas)
SS (Arizona)
Zee (?) (Tristate)
BC (?) (Texas)
Cpt. Awesum (New England)

Mr. ConCon (SoCal)
Boss (MD/VA)
False (Tristate)
James (Tristate)
Poke (Ontario)
Raptor (Tristate)
TheWall (Texas)
Firefly (BC)
Poltergust (Florida)
KDB (Florida)

Nairo (Tristate)
Kiraflax (SoCal)

:4olimar:(no order cause I have no clue)
Dabuz (Tristate)
RichBrown (SoCal)
Angbad (SoCal)
Myran (Florida)
Greenbeast (Illinois)
ImHip (SoCal)
Coco (Michigan)
Soulimar (Norcal)

8bitman (Florida)
Mister Eric (MD/VA)
Gyo (Texas)
Raffi-X (New England)

DKWill (Tristate)
LarryLurr (LOL) (SoCal)
Kamicario (Midwest somewhere)
Day (Florida)
Steam (Colorado)
Junebug (MD/VA)

Reflex (Georgia)
Tweek (Tristate)

Koolaid (New England)
Zage (MD/VA)
Myself(SoCal)/Hyuga(Mexico)
Jash(Tristate)
Ross(Florida)

Tweek (Tristate)
Vicegrip (SoCal)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Consider t0mMii for Mii Brawler.
Oh, wait... the Mii are being held hostage.

Can we #FreeMii and get them on this list please?

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
This idea was made from @Shaya thread which I will post below (which has been inactive for a little bit) So I decided to make something until that thread returns or this might take over that idea entirely.
http://smashboards.com/threads/notable-players-list-aug-15-luigi-zss.396344/

So with the results posted in this thread, the current files Shaya had, and the SmashBoards ranking system, this rankings for the best players with each characters was made and will hopefully be continued with in the future :)

The projected idea was top 5 for each character but some characters have more and a few have less.

Sheik :4sheik:

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

GSM VoiD (SoCal)

iQHQ Vinnie (Tristate)

4GG K9sbruce (SoCal)

NME Zex (NorCal)

Cacogen (Washington)

Astral Trevonte (NorCal)

Zero Suit Samus :4zss:

Liquid Nairo (Tristate)

Marrs (New England)

VS NickRiddle (FL)

mMm Bengal (MD/VA)

Dakpo (Texas)

DeLux (SoCal)

Rosalina and Luma :rosalina:

iQHQ Dabuz (Tristate)

falln (SoCal)

Rayquaza (MI)

Aphro (SoCal)

Xatlis (FL)

Pikachu :4pikachu:

PG ESAM (FL)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

GW Z (Vegas)

Captain L (Canada)

NC JacobT (SoCal)

Sonic :4sonic:

modbot 6WX (Tristate)

StaticManny (FL)

Seagull Joe (MD/VA)

Espy (Texas)

LoF Blue (Tristate)

Mario :4mario:

Boreal Ally (Canada)

#THE ANTi (Tristate)

2Scoops Zenyou (SoCal)

NME Xzax (SoCal)

GGA Dan(Chicago)

TA Teb (NorCal)

7. Diddy Kong :4diddy:

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

PG MVD (FL)

Pulse Zinoto (MI)

Astral Angel Cortes (Tristate)

JJRockets (Chicago)

BKO Legit (NorCal)

IC (SoCal/Mexico)

JTails (Tristate)

Fox :4fox:

#THE FAD Larry Lurr (SoCal)

Megafox (Texas)

NME Xzax (SoCal)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

G5 Dugan (Tristate)

Feel Tension (MD/VA)

GSM VoiD (SoCal)

Snow (MD/VA)

Ness :4ness:

WtF Shaky (NorCal)

CLG Nakat (Tristate)

GW FOW (Vegas)

iQHQ Ribs (Tristate)

Swarm DSS (NorCal)

Meta Knight :4metaknight:

Leo (Mexico)

Ito (NorCal/SoCal)

NME Tyrant (SoCal)

UA JBandrew (Texas)

A2 S2H (SoCal)

Katakiri (Ohio)

Captain Falcon :4falcon:

SWS Fatality (GA)

Tearbear (SoCal)

LoF Acid (DE)

TSM ZeRo (SoCal)

GrimTurtle (Texas)

Max Ketchum (Tristate)

Jingen (SoCal)

Ryu :4ryu:

Trela (Texas)

DJ Jack (FL)

4GG BAM (SoCal)

THIS LIST ISN'T 100% FINAL

IT WILL BE MOST LIKELY UPDATED A FEW TIMES IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

WE WILL ALSO BE MAKING SECTIONS FOR OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD ONCE WE GET ALL THE INFO NEEDED :)

The next batch of characters will be as follows (released date 12/18) :
:4olimar:

Can't believe they didn't have SuperGirlKels for Sonic. Easily the best Sonic in Canada

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Also Norlhey and Black Guy Gamer are 2 Wario's in SFL that tend to do pretty well if you need to add more people for Wario.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Some of the current characters were updated!

We will be doing more updates in the next few days and hopefully getting some people on board with helping create the lists/going through some data.

Expect a big update in appearance with the next update of characters :)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Based off results I don't agree at all actually. Falln is top 6 in SoCal, taking sets from everyone pretty much besides Larry/ZeRo recently. And Rayquaza got huge wins at THB5 which really helps him, especially since this is from August-last weekend. I looked through results, and the SmashBoards rankings and asked for opinions from people such as ZeRo, ANTi, and others that live with me.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Average Joe as well for :4dk: (MD/VA I think).

Also what do we think about a mention for Ksev for :4fox:? There are millions of Foxes tbf but he is one of the better ones.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Based off results I don't agree at all actually. Falln is top 6 in SoCal, taking sets from everyone pretty much besides Larry/ZeRo recently. And Rayquaza got huge wins at THB5 which really helps him, especially since this is from August-last weekend. I looked through results, and the SmashBoards rankings and asked for opinions from people such as ZeRo, ANTi, and others that live with me.
I'm top 5/6 in SFL a harder region. I have much better results than Rayquaza and Aphro, so it doesn't make sense at all to put me below them. You can ask opinions of anyone you want, but that doesn't change the facts, I also just got top 3 yesterday at a 140 man national we had here. Rayquaza literally did good one time and only got 5th, he doesn't have good enough results to be better than me and neither does Aphro.

Top placings I've gotten at big events like Paragon Orlando 4th, Frame Perfect, 5th, Nick Riddle's big tournament 3rd. I've also beaten top players like ESAM, MVD, and Nick Riddle in tournament sets before.These alone are much better than what Rayquaza has done.

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
I'd vote Jamnt0ast (Washington) for :4villager: due to his success in tourneys on the West Coast.

Snorley

Smash Cadet
Also Norlhey and Black Guy Gamer are 2 Wario's in SFL that tend to do pretty well if you need to add more people for Wario.
LordFrieza should be on that list instead, he is the best wario in South florida

Top Bottom