• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not retaining boosts after landing

Oracle

Smash Master
For a long time I've known about a glitch that lets you land on the stage without getting any of your boosts back, but i haven't known what causes it. I think ive found it based on a video of kirkq. It looks like if you buffer a shield when you land and jump out of it, you won't get your boosts back

5m37s. @ JCaesar JCaesar pls fix

Last edited:

(1UP)

Smash Apprentice
I've had this happen where I get no boosts after wavelanding off a platform too, maybe it's the shield button in general or something

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It happens when you go into soft, lagless landing (0 frame landing) instead of the 4 frame empty landing, which you can do by just boosting really low to the ground, like jumping and insta-boosting or by running offstage and insta-boosting back on. The 4 frame empty landing gives boosts back by itself, but the soft landing is lagless and doesn't have any frames that it could give boosts back, so if you immediately follow it up with something that doesn't give boosts back (like shielding or a perfectly timed dash), and then go airborne somehow, you don't get boosts back because you never went through a landing animation.

Best way to fix it would be to make every grounded animation give boosts back. Including all attacks if they don't already (you could soft land, instantly attack, then get hit off before idle animation gives boosts back), shielding, running/walking if they don't already, the teeter animation, and even the platform drop through animation (you can soft land on platforms and fall through the next frame) and probably a few other things I haven't thought of.

Top Bottom