• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a good character

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I use dede as a secondary and i win but, of course i lose too. But what i noticed is hes just too slow. His frame start-ups are horrible and everything he does is a risk. Hes not safe, his projectile can do damage to him which is stupid and, his air jump move barely propels him after the first 3 jumps which is dumb. His inhale start-up is horrible and everything feels like a lag with this character. I made it to elite smash with dedede but, hes not good and is a pain to use against good players. So bottom tier is best for him because he really did die after brawl.

KingDadada

Smash Rookie
I'm in elite smash with Dedede and I disagree. He's a tank and takes forever to kill while being able to kill other characters at low percentages. He's pretty solid at hogging edges and getting back safely.

I think D3's performance depends a lot on individual matchup. If the other character has any quick projectile spam option it will negate a lot of Gordo play and you'll be forced to try and win without them. That is when Dedede is at his worst.

I wish his dash flop couldn't be canceled by a weak poke after a certain point, it just doesn't look right. That said, I'd say he's more like mid-tier, not garbage tier (maybe low-mid once more people realize how to play against him).

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I'm in elite smash with Dedede and I disagree. He's a tank and takes forever to kill while being able to kill other characters at low percentages. He's pretty solid at hogging edges and getting back safely.

I think D3's performance depends a lot on individual matchup. If the other character has any quick projectile spam option it will negate a lot of Gordo play and you'll be forced to try and win without them. That is when Dedede is at his worst.

I wish his dash flop couldn't be canceled by a weak poke after a certain point, it just doesn't look right. That said, I'd say he's more like mid-tier, not garbage tier (maybe low-mid once more people realize how to play against him).
How is he on the battlefield layout vs samus? Playing as dedede with battlefid platforms is really cramped and projectiles and faster characters kill him. His inhale isnt reliable enough. It seems he only does good on FD layout.

KingDadada

Smash Rookie
How is he on the battlefield layout vs samus? Playing as dedede with battlefid platforms is really cramped and projectiles and faster characters kill him. His inhale isnt reliable enough. It seems he only does good on FD layout.
I find BF sometimes because people can juggle Dedede's fat body higher whereas in FD you are more free to float safely above and divebomb aerial people. I try to stay grounded a lot more on BF. One plus of BF is gordos can bounce and hit people on platforms and often times players don't seem to account for this.

I've had trouble with Samus before too. Samus can shoot a missile in front of her charge shot that triggers your inhale and makes you get hit by the charge shot. I usually just try and chase her around and with a bit of guess work might send a fully charged shot back into her. If a missile is fired, abort the mission lol.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
S
I find BF sometimes because people can juggle Dedede's fat body higher whereas in FD you are more free to float safely above and divebomb aerial people. I try to stay grounded a lot more on BF. One plus of BF is gordos can bounce and hit people on platforms and often times players don't seem to account for this.

I've had trouble with Samus before too. Samus can shoot a missile in front of her charge shot that triggers your inhale and makes you get hit by the charge shot. I usually just try and chase her around and with a bit of guess work might send a fully charged shot back into her. If a missile is fired, abort the mission lol.
Sorry but hes trash. The fact that youre trying to defend him of being slightly less trash than he already isnt enough to say hes good. When i lose its not my fault. Its his ****ty frame data, inconsistent K.O.s with his hammer, his painfully slow speed and attacks and, his big hitbox. And the fact that his projectile hits him back and doesnt k.o. all the more makes him worse. I dont think you played him enough

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Sorry but hes trash. The fact that youre trying to defend him of being slightly less trash than he already isnt enough to say hes good.
Well, none of that makes sense.
The point of a discussion is to provide information on why your side of the argument is the correct one, which is what he did. Don't see how the fact that he defended his views validates yours, especially since you didn't bother to go into details nor bothered to properly address his points.

When i lose its not my fault. Its his ****ty frame data
Are you implying that you are one of those players who hides behind the excuse of "I'm playing as a bad character" to justify their losses and lack of skill?

I dont think you played him enough
"I know more than you and you don't know anything about what I'm talking about because I say so. Shut up!"

You could have handled this better.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I just found a MAJOR SCRUB
Nobody cares. My gsp is higher than yours.

Edit: from now on state your gsp before you type your input and definitely try to critique me. If your gsp is below 2 million and or youre not in elite smash with dedede then, your not justified to comment and youll be ignored.

Last edited:

PyRefly

Smash Rookie

Edit: from now on state your gsp before you type your input and definitely try to critique me. If your gsp is below 2 million and or youre not in elite smash with dedede then, your not justified to comment and youll be ignored.
K. 2.2million GSP. You're wrong about Dedede. Just because you suck with him doesn't mean he's awful.

https://i.imgur.com/qP0u73P.jpg BTW. :)

Last edited:

PyRefly

Smash Rookie
Just because you dont suck with him doesnt mean he doesnt suck and hes still bottom tier for a reason. That was a cute reply, scrub. Doubt you have the balls to mirror match me though.
You just like to move goal posts, don't you?

Sure, I'll mirror. I added your FC. :)

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
You just like to move goal posts, don't you?

Sure, I'll mirror. I added your FC. :)
I dont want to add you, just join the arena best of 3. Passcode is 007 and the ID is N5BMS

D

Deleted member

Quit scrubbing, and pick someone easy, like Inkling. You'll still lose since you're trash, but not as badly.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
User was warned for this post; flaming
Quit scrubbing, and pick someone easy, like Inkling. You'll still lose since you're trash, but not as badly.
But Who are you? Youre irrelevant and your skills arent as good as mine whether a scrub like you thinks im trash, youre still below me regardless and youre not worth another reply from me . Get on this ignore list since you didnt post your gsp. You already exposed yourself , trashcan.

Edit: and youre 14, lmao youre a baby. A mammas boy , youre not even in my league little scrub.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Who are you? Youre irrelevant and your skills arent as good as mine whether a scrub like you thinks im trash, youre still below me regardless and youre not worth another reply from me . Get on this ignore list since you didnt post your gsp. You already exposed yourself , trashcan.

Edit: and youre 14, lmao youre a baby. A mammas boy , youre not even in my league little scrub.
"You will be ignored". You have the mental age of a dang toddler, and the skill level to match. I challenge you to a Smash battle, where I will Foward Air you back into daycare with Mario.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Regardless of D3's competitive viability, your attitude is what's really garbage tier. If you think he's bad, fine. But being rude and confrontational like this isn't going to win any arguments. It's just going to pit people against you and probably get you banned.

Would love to know how that mirror match went, btw,

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Regardless of D3's competitive viability, your attitude is what's really garbage tier. If you think he's bad, fine. But being rude and confrontational like this isn't going to win any arguments. It's just going to pit people against you and probably get you banned.

Would love to know how that mirror match went, btw,
Id lol if i get banned, thats a petty reason. And he didnt join, i waited 10 minutes so thats disappointing and annoying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He sucks, but you can't play a character who kills at 30%

LeVraiFrenchman

Smash Rookie
I use dede as a secondary and i win but, of course i lose too. But what i noticed is hes just too slow. His frame start-ups are horrible and everything he does is a risk. Hes not safe, his projectile can do damage to him which is stupid and, his air jump move barely propels him after the first 3 jumps which is dumb. His inhale start-up is horrible and everything feels like a lag with this character. I made it to elite smash with dedede but, hes not good and is a pain to use against good players. So bottom tier is best for him because he really did die after brawl.
I disagree. I am in elite with dedede and he is only that way if you really don;t have common knowledge with him. he is slow, but he is a beastly tank. Hard hitter, ledge trapper, and has an amazing recovery. of course moves like his gordo or dash attack are risky, but thats the part of playing the character. no character is perfect.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I disagree. I am in elite with dedede and he is only that way if you really don;t have common knowledge with him. he is slow, but he is a beastly tank. Hard hitter, ledge trapper, and has an amazing recovery. of course moves like his gordo or dash attack are risky, but thats the part of playing the character. no character is perfect.
Cool story. Id love to see you vs a pro snake player on a battlefield stage. And i disagree about the common knowledge, not sorry that a character im good with sucks. Youre all biased as hell.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This thread went downhill really quick. TC, you could have stuck with explaining yourself better in regards to your stance on DDD rather than flaming everyone who disagreed with you and telling them they're wrong because you say so. Some of the replies you got were uncalled for sure, but still.
Also, nobody's going to comply to your demands of posting their own GSP as a right to reply. That's not how discussions here work and that is a very vain and narcissistic attempt to shut other people down.

Yes, and you are clearly acting like the bigger man here. We don't even see the irony.

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
This thread went downhill really quick. TC, you could have stuck with explaining yourself better in regards to your stance on DDD rather than flaming everyone who disagreed with you and telling them they're wrong because you say so. Some of the replies you got were uncalled for sure, but still.
Also, nobody's going to comply to your demands of posting their own GSP as a right to reply. That's not how discussions here work and that is a very vain and narcissistic attempt to shut other people down.

Yes, and you are clearly acting like the bigger man here. We don't even see the irony.
Here comes the mods, im gonna end the thread here, lol. The replies didnt help at all anyway.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? Dedede is the definition of perfect!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here comes the mods, im gonna end the thread here, lol. The replies didnt help at all anyway.
You didn't ask for help in the first place, OP is just "I can't win with :ultkingdedede: without chaingrabs".

Last edited:

SsjWhite

Smash Rookie
Right now Chrom is dropping the stock market.......I heard his name was changed to "Little" Chrom.

He'll be mid tier by June lol

*like the stock market

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
S

Sorry but hes trash. The fact that youre trying to defend him of being slightly less trash than he already isnt enough to say hes good. When i lose its not my fault. Its his ****ty frame data, inconsistent K.O.s with his hammer, his painfully slow speed and attacks and, his big hitbox. And the fact that his projectile hits him back and doesnt k.o. all the more makes him worse. I dont think you played him enough
cryingbaby.jpg

If you lose that's because your opponent is better than you. If you lose and whine about it on SB then you're garbage. This website is for positive discussion and advice, not pointless flaming and saying "If I lose it's not my fault." Hate to say it: git gud.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
^ thread is over dude. I wouldve read that yesterday.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I guess the thread is over then.

That said, continuing to post threads like these will get closed as soon as possible. They are not allowed. If you do not intend to actually converse with anyone, then your thread is pointless.

We want discussion, not pointless whining. Go make a blog if you want to actually just vent. If you want to actually have discussion, you post on SB(some threads may have special rules, of course).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Seconding. This is not a place to just monologue about things you don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom