• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northerners who moved south.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Imagine you're going to work (your job is south of you in this scenario) and the sensations you experience during this trip. The sights, the smells, the sounds. Now take these feelings and magnify them. That's what it's probably like. I haven't done it.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
I moved from Ohio to Atlanta in 2006 before my junior year in high school. I noticed that people will be very friendly and talk to you alot but that doesn't mean they want to be your friend. Up north people arent as friendly to strangers.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
♥💕❤It's a change of pace, both literally and figuratively.
What the person above said. Being friendly/amiable is important, otherwise people will think you're rude. Word gets around pretty fast. Respecting people's titles are important. People can be more trusting and sometimes operate on an honor system, depending on where you are. People are also more willing to help you out in my experience. Image is important, etc. Religion and politics differ, depending on where you go...etc.

Though this depends a lot on where you'll move to...ex. if you move to a big city or a rural area, etc. In a city, you probably won't have the small town/country behaviors like I mentioned above.
♥💕❤😘

Last edited:
Top Bottom