• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northern New York Smash Scenes

Bladebraham

Smash Rookie
Any Sm4sh scenes in Northern New York? anywhere in the St. Lawrence/ Franklin/ Jefferson/ Lewis counties? we have a small group of about 10 people in Gouverneur but want to expand or travel for more competition and experience or tournaments.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
I also live in upstate NY and to my knowledge tourneys just don't exist. Last year there was a smash 4 tourney in Colonie. And in 2013 there was a PM/Melee tourney in Troy. Those are the only two I've heard of in the entire capital region. I know Albany area would prob be a bit of a drive but outside of NYC there sadly just aren't enough people to have any regular tournaments in New York. So there have been a couple tourneys just nothing with any sort of regularity. My honest guess would be Montreal might be your best bet, unless magically Plattsburgh had something. IDK if that helps at all but at least you aren't the only smasher in Upstate NY who wants smash tourneys. Hope you can find something. cheers

LAN Mob

Smash Rookie
We run a weekly tournament in Rome, NY (Saturdays - 11 AM - $10 buy-in) as well as a $5 buy-in friendlies on Tuesday nights (pizza/Xanadu/random events). You can earn points in the weekly tournament events that can win you seats to higher buy-in monthly and quarterly events, and we're having an invitation-only event in September based on our top seasonal placings. We usually stream live at twitch.tv/lanmob. We would be around a 2 hour drive from Gouverneur!

www.lanmob.com
409 N James St
Rome, NY 13440

Last edited:

Joseph Powers

Smash Rookie
I myself am looking to sort of form a scene in the St. Lawerence/Jefferson/Lewis counties revolving around Smash Bros. lately. I opened up a Discord server in hopes of uniting Smash Bros players (both Casual and Competitive) in the area to help form a type of scene in which various different players would be able to meet each other. So far I have only a few people within the Jefferson county area, so we have pretty small numbers right now. However, I have and still plan on looking for players. If you are interested in joining the server let me know, I'll be glad to send you an invite for you guys if you're interested. :)

Top Bottom