• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northern Michigan Smashers?

rsr2

Smash Lord
So there are some Petoskey players that I know of now so I can try to arrange like a smashfest or something soon. No venue fee of course and bring whatever smash game you want. I just have to plan a day and location for it. I wish we could do my house but sadly I don't exactly have the room for it : \

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Thinking somewhere in between petosky and traverse? I know a lot of town halls can be rented out. Not sure if they cost anything or not.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I was thinking about going. Not sure if I will have anything going on that weekend or not yet.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I will ask for time off to go to Big House 5. That would be so hype considering Big House 4 was probably the best time I have had playing smash.

Also yeah I was thinking Kalkaska as a place because if there are anyone in Cadillac too to come up. It's pretty easy to get to because it's right on US 131. I will figure something out and maybe get a smashfest together. I have the money to rent it out so I will try not to charge anything and maybe eventually make it a $5 weekly/biweekly? I could use some thoughts. Also it will more than likely be on like a Tuesday/Wednesday due to me working every weekend.

Last edited:

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Would anyone be interested in a tournament in Gaylord, I was thinking about hosting one, would probably be Smash 4 and Melee. Thinking mid-july (I am pretty busy May/June and don't want to do it around the 4th.) I can provide 2 set ups for Wii U and 1 for Melee.
Edit: Thinking July 11th.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Sounds good to me. I might be able to bring a full setup as well. Not sure if I have anything going on that day but if not I will be there

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Last edited:

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Hi Northern Michigan,

I'm going to be in the neighborhood in the next couple of weeks, and I thought I'd check to see if anyone might be willing to host me in exchange for food/drinks and some Melee. No pressure if not; I'll just camp, which is the main point of the trip anyway. Here are the dates/places I plan to visit:

Nights of 8/25 and 8/26 = Marquette.
Night of 8/29 = Down to visit someone between Pictured Rocks and Traverse City; otherwise I'll be camping.
Night of 8/30 - 9/2 = Traverse City. (I won't be around during the day, though. Dunes.)

I'm pretty decent with a variety of characters. Here's an example of my Samus -- just pretend I didn't miss any grabs, and pretend the other guy was good. :) It's been forever since this video, but I'm probably not any better now, to be honest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGYhi9CeB5w

Seeya soon?? :b..
-Frank

P.S. I'm 31, in case that's weird for anyone. Sorry -- not much I can do about it.

Here's my FB profile if you'd prefer to communicate that way.

Last edited:

Marshall13

Smash Rookie
Does anyone plan on doing any tournaments I have only found one in the traverse city area please help

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
I'm friends with the TO in for TC, I used to host in Gaylord but I have moved since for college. Where are you from exactly in Northern Michigan?

rsr2

Smash Lord
Hey there, my name is Randall and I TO 95% of the events up here in Northern Michigan. The best way to figure out when everything is happening is through the facebook group Northern Michigan Smash which you can find here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259553334245953/

Plus I am hosting an event at the Grand Traverse Mall on June 23rd called Grand Traverse Smash and you can get the event link is here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1966622950318869/

Hopefully we can see you out there and if you happen to miss event, no worries! I host a Bi-Weekly called Battle at the Bay and I will post on the facebook group whenever I get the venue situated and ready to go!

Marshall13

Smash Rookie
Sorry I missed this I will try to keep up to date anyone else doing tournaments in near future if so please provide a link

Top Bottom