• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings - Updated for Summer season October 19, 2015

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Also, Kick vanz off the top spot. He has been inactive. There's this new guy in town called Best Riven NA. He's done pretty well at his first few tournaments and deserves Vanz's spot, imo.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol
*moves to southern ohio->puts self on northeastern ohio rankings*
#scumbag S1 <3

(I'm just kidding, I think this is an accurate list, except I think ralis should be above kitty, tbh, but it doesn't really matter because everyone else is around the same skill level)

and Zach was just at Shape3

4% APR

Smash Champion
Need a show of hands for setups and attendees for a final, and commemorative Middle of The Ohio XXX Final Resurgence Battle tournament. Would people show up? Would people bring setups? Melee and brawl (and 64, if setups permit) would be included.

I don't know what the scene is like these days, haven't had anyone call me to smash in years. But their are still people that play out there, lying between the cracks of society, in sewers, living in trees, etc. Alright i'll stop
I'd go

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
lol
*moves to southern ohio->puts self on northeastern ohio rankings*
#scumbag S1 <3

(I'm just kidding, I think this is an accurate list, except I think ralis should be above kitty, tbh, but it doesn't really matter because everyone else is around the same skill level)

and Zach was just at Shape3
transferred colleges dumbass

S1 The God

Updated! Congrats to Ralis for moving up a spot!

Another update coming after Shape!

For those wishing to get on the rankings, you will now have to challenge KittyMW.

Last edited:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I hope that in a bit smashboards just starts putting rankings next to players based on their actual tournament results and we can use those more objective rankings on this list. I also think the "close to making it" section is silly, there's a lot of names that could go there. Regardless, good **** at Shape S1, you're getting insanely good.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Please take me off of the honorable mentions. I've asked several times not to be included, and I'm also taking a hiatus from the game to focus on writing.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Idk understand why multiple people don't wanna be on this list.

It's not even really that much about the players on it as much as it's the player not on it. Give people fire and a list of players to learn from and compete with.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Matt why wouldn't you want to be recognized for being someone who's considered good and what does writing have to do with that at all?

Either way. if you take him off replace him with me

Get Low

Smash Ace
Matt why wouldn't you want to be recognized for being someone who's considered good and what does writing have to do with that at all?

Either way. if you take him off replace him with me
Because lists like these tend to cause drama. Also, writing is my passion, but between college and work I have little time to do it other than in the summer. So instead of spending my free Saturdays going to tournaments and other random nights playing Smash at random peoples houses, I've decided that I need to give Smash the boot and focus on what I find to be light-years more important. Instead of going to Shape last Saturday, I spent the day righting an awesome short story that I'm proud of. Will I quit forever? I honestly can't say. But I don't really see any Smash in my distant future except at YSU when I have a little bit of down time between classes.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Because lists like these tend to cause drama. Also, writing is my passion, but between college and work I have little time to do it other than in the summer. So instead of spending my free Saturdays going to tournaments and other random nights playing Smash at random peoples houses, I've decided that I need to give Smash the boot and focus on what I find to be light-years more important. Instead of going to Shape last Saturday, I spent the day righting an awesome short story that I'm proud of. Will I quit forever? I honestly can't say. But I don't really see any Smash in my distant future except at YSU when I have a little bit of down time between classes.
Writing doesn't seem to be your strong point. Play video games instead. :3

Last edited:

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Yes but you're not on the top 10 list, there's no "drama", and somebody saying "hey Get Low is pretty good at this thing" literally does nothing to stop your ability to write.

S1 The God

one could argue that you ******** about being on the honorable mentions is the thing that created the drama

but whatever you're off

write a story about a guy who ****s ponies

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
why are people complaining about this list?
Imo, kitty/ralis/Shrouded are all really tied for the 10th spot.
Beegs should definitely be on the list too.
And I think Minnty should be in the inactive section, but if he were to be on the list he could easily be above dempt.

just my opinion though, I'm pretty fine with this list.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Come summer when chris leaves and assuming Minnty goes pretty much inactive I can't imagine there'd be anything to complain about. And I agree beegs should probably be on but I think he needs another bigger tournament to cement that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I just want to actually have a placing higher than 17th before being considered for the list LOL

Is that so much to ask?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I just want jaiye to stop beating himself up and accept that he's decent.

(and for myself to not be a fraud)

Last edited:

Rob Taylor

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, Cleveland Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio
Guys if no one takes the top 10 spots then EVENTUALLY it's going to result in me being on the PR. Do you really want something like that to happen?

Also isn't Jaden graduating and moving back to New York sometime within a year or so? With Chris Jaden and Minnty pretty much being gone then it's definitely going to open up room for Jaiye, Ralis, and Beegs.

Top Bottom