• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings - Updated for Summer season October 19, 2015

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings
- Ranking cycles are determined by 4 seasons, (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall). Due to the generally erratic placement of tournaments throughout the year, the updates will occur on a fairly fluid schedule.

- To be considered active, a player must attend at least 2 tournaments during each season.

- The NEOH PR panel consists of a select few members of the NEOH/PGH community - some from Pittsburgh and some from Ohio. There is also a staggered amount of ranked players and unranked players on the panel.

Last edited:

z-axis

Smash Rookie
Needs more ShroudedOne, Skyson, Slarti, Ralis, Vanir, Jwnz, and me. Unless you're counting only tourney results. I haven't played most of you in eons, so I can't judge, but from what I hear y'all are doin' work.

S1 The God

was under the assumption that you were "retired."

and, this is just the list from the last thread. I'll figure out what day to update cause that will be the day I update every month.

z-axis

Smash Rookie
was under the assumption that you were "retired."

and, this is just the list from the last thread. I'll figure out what day to update cause that will be the day I update every month.
I'm retired as in not going to tournaments, and since Bidwell's PR originally had tourney-only rankings (and then later changed it to "if you're active at all" [...except that rule got completely ignored]), I figured I might as well say "welp, I'm done" because if I weren't going to tourneys, I'd be off the list.

I'm still active and improving my game, though, and I'm down for smashfests anytime.

But however you want to handle the criteria is up to you. I don't care if I'm on the rankings or not, but to get a more accurate power ranking, shouldn't we include every active (+decent) player? I mean, rankings are fun to play with, but ideally they shouldn't be changing much after every tournament. The same people tend to beat the same people. #smashphilosophy

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Yeah, but on the same token, if we had ten people who didn't go to tournaments at all, but still went to some smashfests, what kind of list would it be?

Obviously I'm saying you're really good, but imo I think that rankings should be people who actively go to tournaments, and that some sort of criteria should be held.

As in:
At least one tournament (that had payouts) within the past two months.

S1 The God

yeah the rankings will be limited to people who attend tournaments. it removes the point of having rankings based on competition if the people on them don't compete. sorry zach :(<3

DTR

Smash Journeyman
lol 2 months is crazy short in the world of melee. if that were the criteria than anyone who missed a tourney would be at risk of not being on the list

DTR

Smash Journeyman
easy way to tell me and chris apart is that i, patrick, use punctuation. i honestly dont think we need a hard number set for months since our community is sooo small. if we were managing 50 people then sure but we all know whats up with everyone. if we know its a dude who still does tournies thats all we really need to know. lol

Sweet™

Premium
If there is NEOH monthlies, then that's two tournaments you have the option to go to, and you only have to go to one.

Not to mention OoS tourney's.
I think one every two is fair.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
all bias aside, peter just beats more people.
He's less limited by lack of technical ability (although peter still needs to work on techskill quite a bit)
and has an overall better mindset in regards to the game, making him more consistent (Sweet tends to get frustrated and does dumb things that get punished)

Sweet also doesn't mix up his options enough and gets punished for approaching with grab like every time...

please note;
I'm not saying sweet is bad. He's still better than myself.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
You can just take me off for now since i resign as peach. Put them both on so i can pass up more people when i bring on the **** train

Sweet™

Premium
I dropped maybe one game to Peter during all of our friendlies at the monthly.]

Edit: Also, I do way better against really good people.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
lol if the list was "i can beat him so im better" then chris would be above me cause he is a ***. gotta look past your personal record and more at who beats more people and tourney results.

ive barely played either of you guys so im not the one to give an opinion. you both seemed about the same to me from the little ive played

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It just occurred to me that your girlfriend was in my pool at your tourney, Shane (the one that is censored on Smashboards). Lol.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
I dropped maybe one game to Peter during all of our friendlies at the monthly.]

Edit: Also, I do way better against really good people.
really cuz damn i musta been trippin balls if thats what happened

i can confirm that sweet does do better against better people though

Sweet™

Premium
Idk. I just know I stayed in the rotation with you and that other guy for a while. I know I dropped very few to the both of you guys.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
i'm of the opinion that peter/sweet/jaiye/shane could beat each other at any time, y'all four are at really even skill level. i dunno, just my thoughts.

Top Bottom