• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeast tourney in NH this June! Post interest

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Hey all,

It's thederrit, and I'm looking to host a tournament in Hanover, New Hampshire this summer. I hosted a tournament last summer to commemorate sleepyK being in the area, and a lot of people who went expressed interest in another tournament in the future. I don't have many details yet, but I wanted to get the word out and as much information as I can to give people an idea of what you might be looking at, and to get people hype about a sweet tourney in the northeast!

I want it to be clear that I'm excited to have people from all over the northeast attend this thing. Last tournament saw people from Maine, Mass, NH, and a few from New York even. It is a good place that isn't hugely far away from most of the places in the northeast part of the country, or even canada, so getting attendance from all parts of the region would be awesome.

The basics:

When: Most likely sometime in early June.

Thread for New Hampshire Loves SleepyK tournament I hosted last summer:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242327

This will of course be updated as I think of more pertinent info, and I'll answer any questions that people have.

Skler

Smash Master
Oh gentle people of Smashboards, and specifically New England, where is all the hype?

This tourny was awesome last time, and it could get even MORE awesome. Where's Maine at?

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
What skler said! This tournament went incredibly well last year by most accounts, if this gets going I'd be happy to organize it into a two day event, I've got a lot of places which I could host this if all goes well so it can be as epic as people want it to be.

Also, post in here now if you're interested!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Yes, there are 5 or 6 kids that I play with from hanover, one or two who play at dartmouth that i know of (brad where you at) and a couple who play with skler and pine, radiation and a couple others i didn't get to meet.

more than you might imagine.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Yo what's good. I'll definitely be here and get some Dartmouth scrubs I've been training to come too.

Hype for this.

JumpinSkiing

Smash Rookie
Yo what's good. I'll definitely be here and get some Dartmouth scrubs I've been training to come too.

Hype for this.

Dartmouth scrubs?

I go to Dartmouth, the only other player I know is Brad, we should play some time that'd be sick.

Skler

Smash Master
Dartmouth has people who play? UNH vs Dartmouth CREW BATTLE!

Nobody at UNH plays except me.

Edit: NH can pop out at least 10 players on our own. MA wants this too, so where is MAINE?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Make sure its not June 4th to 6th when planks thing in FL is. And FL is relevant to New England because EVERYONE has to go so we can be a serious community and pickup more sponsorships!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Make sure its not June 4th to 6th when planks thing in FL is. And FL is relevant to New England because EVERYONE has to go so we can be a serious community and pickup more sponsorships!
Good to know, I will make sure that it doesn't intersect with that.

Anything relevant to scheduling, throw it out there! June is still a long ways away so if people have ideas and suggestions it makes my job easier and a better tourney for everyone.

eggm, if it wasn't that weekend would you be interested to come?

edit: skler banks said he'd be down as long as nothing came up with him, so that's one at least lol

Skler

Smash Master
Canada should definitely make it, this **** must be hella close. If Canada comes Tristate would come, righttttt tristate?

JumpinSkiing

Smash Rookie
I may or may not have a few couches people can crash on, i'm a Dartmouth student and will be on campus this summer living in my fraternity, if this really gets going, Dartmouth is going to be very close to whatever venue derritt chooses in Hanover, so that might be a possibility.

Skler

Smash Master
This thread requires more attention. Maybe post in the tournament listings and put in "date to be determined."

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Yes, there are 5 or 6 kids that I play with from hanover, one or two who play at dartmouth that i know of (brad where you at) and a couple who play with skler and pine, radiation and a couple others i didn't get to meet.

more than you might imagine.
Hmm. interesting. I might have to practice with you guys sometime. Anyone from NH who wants to practice hit me up on AIM its blackIIjinjoII9

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This is going to be great. I'll be here.

Rucka3322

Smash Rookie
Tourney sounds epic! How's the local scene around these parts. Just moved up here and im lookin for some fresh competition! Hype hype hype!

Top Bottom