• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North Jersey Terrabite, June 21st

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Doubles:
1: Inui and dmbrandon (Snake/Marth and Meta Knight/ZSS)
2: YEHS and Bajisci (Fox/Snake and ROB)
3: Atomsk and Lord Knight (Dedede and Dedede)
4: Shante and Cynthia
5: The Waffles
5: Keitaro Time!
7: **** Yeah Seaking!
7: Infamous
9: 8690
9: Chaos
9: Konata and PRiDE
9: Paradigm
13: Hatorade
13: 7
13: A1 Steaksauce
13: MD
17: Jinx
17: Pretty Flowers
17: Kamikaze

Singles:
1: Inui (Marth/Pit/Dedede)
2: dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
3: Blue Shell (Wario)
4: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
5: Atomsk (Dedede)
5: Bajisci (ROB)
7: Ether (Snake)
7: Lord Knight (Dedede)
9: Konata
9: Keitaro
9: Munk
9: Blue Cheez
13: Cyanide
13: Orion
13: Blue
13: DaPuffster
17: Dan
17: Sensei
17: Yes!
17: Wind
17: EmuKiller
17: PRiDE
17: Kenny
17: Umbra
25: Vice
25: 4Fit
25: Pope
25: Ninja Edd
25: Spaz
25: Michael Presado
25: Eazy
25: BZJ
33: Tran
33: Chaos
33: Gepy
33: Que?
33: Bolas
33: Alex V
33: Pisano
33: Bagnz
33: Merl!
33: The Rare King
33: Andrew Presado
33: Lexx
33: DK
33: Anubi
33: Walnuts
33: Daze
49: GDubz
49: Milkamp

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Why would weeklies not count? Just because that they happen frequently so the outcome is generally the same? Or..?
Also, mind editing my name to BlackWaltzX (Char).

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Two things.. Apparently there were 73 people that had gone to this thing? Did about thirty people show up and not sign up? Or what?

Also, out of spite.. who was that mysterious kid in orange?

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Inui I still don't understand your logic of counter picking Pit and then choosing Rainbow Cruise against me in winner's finals, lol. That match was definitely not sexy on your side.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Two things.. Apparently there were 73 people that had gone to this thing? Did about thirty people show up and not sign up? Or what?

Also, out of spite.. who was that mysterious kid in orange?
A complete moron who thought money matches were coin battles and thought Meta Knight was bad.

Yeah, he was pretty embarrassed at the end of doubles after his friendlies. I think that might be why I didn't see him around singles.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
A complete moron who thought money matches were coin battles and thought Meta Knight was bad.

Yeah, he was pretty embarrassed at the end of doubles after his friendlies. I think that might be why I didn't see him around singles.

Ah, so he didn't go around with one of those names?
I guess that is also what happened to about 20+ other people if there were 73 people inside.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
My partner and I were one of the 20+ people who left before singles. Lack of ride Johns :(

I was the guy with the MLG shirt in case people were wondering.

Inui and Dmbrandon- Congrats on your victory in doubles and top placings in singles. It was also nice to face you guys in that one friendly also (sorry about the friendly fire thing.) Now you guys need to get at M2K. Keep it up.

Atmosk and Lord Knight- Your D3's really messed us in the second round of doubles. You guys had us figured out all to quickly. Plus that team chaingrab was awesome.

PRiDE- I see you got the wavedash down already. Keep up the good work. You can make Yoshi naysayers think twice about Yoshi being horrible.

Blue sHell- I saw that you ranked high on Gamebattles (your team logo mad funny,) and wanted to see your Wario in person. You are easily the best Wario on the East Coast, and your anticipation game (especially the bite attack) mixed with your combos is just insane. Keep it up.

NeNe and friends- Awesome battles. It was fun playing you guys. All those matches were pretty funny. especially the Falcon Punch and Gannon dittos.

Keitaro- Your slogan/ team name makes me laugh.

It was fun for the time I was able to stay. I really wanted to play/watch singles though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Delayed shoutouts!

dmbrandon: You let me carry the team this time, and allowed me to beat you in singles? You suck. J/k, <3 you, we will **** in teams at CH3 and FAST.

Blue Shell: You scared me into counterpicking you with Dedede because of your impressive win against Brandon. Welcome to Montage.

BlackWaltz: Wtf @ your entire bracket being Montage and you still getting 4th.

Atomsk: STOP LOSING TO BAJISCI. The curse even followed you into teams this time! Thanks for coaching me in winners finals.

Bajisci: Arrows and reflectors > ROB.

Ether: You improved a lot and actually scared me this time.

Lord Knight: Nice improvements. You'll get Brandon eventually.

Konata: You only lost to Montage elites. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Keitaro: Stop consistently losing a match-up in your favour, dude.

Cyanide: Nice Zamus.

Orion: Getting better. I promise to play you a lot next time.

Sensei: Starting to take Brawl seriously finally?

Yes!: You can do better.

EmuKiller: <3 Silby.

PRiDE: Don't choke in teams. BELIEVE.

Ninja Edd: Grow your hair long again! Also, stop choking.

Eazy: Unleash your potential! Don't squander!

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I guess it's my turn for shoutouts =-) A little late but oh well.

DMBrandon: You're awesome. Thanks for stepping up and helping out with this tournament. Like honestly... I can't stress enough that without Montage this tournament couldn't have functioned.

Bajisci: Your ROB is great! I wish I had played you more in friendlies cause I had so much fun playing you in singles. Honestly. Next time I go to a tournament (hopefully someone hosts something July 12th or sooner) I'll have to play you in friendlies. Money match maybe? =-).

Inui: You didn't even play Marth this tournament! Pit FTW that was awesome watching you play! I'll be honest, I only really learned how to play Falco so I would never have to go up against you in a Marth ditto. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play you sometime in the future. Thanks for helping out with the tournament! Without you and the rest of montage it would've sucked.

Munk: I hate you and your god **** Dedede! Ugh. I'm never going to play falco in a very, very long time because of you.

Sensei: I'm glad you like Armagetron =-). The online play has a great community if you're interested.

Keitaro: I need to play you more! You are amazing at timing Falco's moves and I wish I could learn to be as great as you.

Dan: Thanks for the Falco advice! It really helped me improve and I'm glad we met. Next time I have friends over for whatever I'll try to give you a call. JUST DON'T BRING MUNK!!! (kidding! I need the practice!)

Cyanide: What a fun match! That last kill on Yoshi's Story was SOOO lucky! I'm glad I met a serious ZSS and you're active in the community so we'll definitely see each other soon!

Ninja Ed: YOU'RE TOO QUIET. Or maybe I'm too loud? =-). I HATE BANANAS but it was still a lot of fun playing you! I'm hoping I can play a lot of Montage soon. I can't make it to no nonsense 2 but hopefully later on in the summer we'll meet again.

DaPuffster: WE NEVER PLAYED!!!!!!1111!11!1!!111!!! UGH. Next time we meet I definitely want to money match that jigglypuff of yours. It's so awesome that you are still sticking with jigglypuff and I'm sure you'll be a big name in the community. To be honest, I think you need to ditch that one smash friend of yours that you brought to this tourney and smashacre. He's not giving you much great practice =-).

BlueShell: ... ... ... ****. I never thought I'd meet a great Wario but you sure proved to me that he's a real character! I still suck with him even after watching you play but now I know that u-air is TOO GOOD!

PRiDE: You are going to definitely bring Yoshi to middle-tier! Throwing eggs from offstage is borderline BROKEN. Well... not really... but Yoshi's chain throw is! I'll definitely want to play you in future tournaments. Just give me a chance to find the perfect counter to yoshi before that time comes (mk?)

Atomsk: Once I figure out how to pronounce your name, I'll definitely yell it out at tournaments until I find you so we can play each other! There's just too many great Montage members!

BlackWaltz: It's great talking to you and Blue Cheez is borderline OBSESSED about you! **** ... olimar players are weird.... =-). Marth is cheap, but you're definitely a more skilled player. BUY THE GAME AND GO PRO ALREADY!

BlueCheez, Anubi, Lexx, Milkamp: All of you suck. Learn to play. Nevermind that blue cheez got farther than me in brackets and Anubi has beaten me in friendlies before... All of you had your tournament cherries popped and hopefully you'll be less nervous in the future and place even higher in the brackets. Well... how about we focus on winning a round before we start placing in tournaments =-).

BlueCheez specifically: You suck. Olimar sucks. Everyone you have ever played was clearly sandbagging and were probably using wiimotes and nunchucks. Play a real character. =-). By the way, you're too good. Talk to BlackWaltz more and I'm sure you can learn from each other. He claims he still has one trump card combo he hasn't shown you yet so don't think you're the best olimar just yet!

Sorry if I forgot anyone I played but dang it was a great tournament! I'll try to bargain with the tournament owner for a more reasonable venue fee. Maybe make threats like "I won't promote this unless it's only 20% of the pot being taken out" which I am comfortable with. Also, people should bring Wiis! The store has 8 TVs and I brought 3 between myself and friends but they ended up not even being needed =-/. Thanks to the people that did bring Wiis though cause it was a HUGE help! I'll be busy from now up until the 6th of July but hopefully I can start going to tournaments often after that.

PS: One more shoutout to Keitaro. I lost to a dedede too. Like got 3-stocked by Munk with my falco vs his dedede. Yeah.. not just lost.. 3-stocked. I don't think Falco is as big a counter against DDD as people say but it's also that I just don't know how to punish rolling and side stepping with falco. I need to learn how to use his neutral jab because you prove it's way too good!

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
I tried silby, honest =[ And you noob you told me not to bring my Wii. So much for that.

Your rob looked pretty impressive bajisci, nice to see another rob user (for a "top-tier" character you really don't see that many around, or at least I haven't anyway.)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What..Inui didn't even play Marth...?

...Inui... ... ...Explanation plz.
I used Marth in the early rounds, switched to Dedede against Ether, Pit against Bajisci, Dedede against Blue Shell, and then went back to Marth to beat dmbrandon.

I definitely did use Marth a lot.

Sorry if I forgot anyone I played but dang it was a great tournament! I'll try to bargain with the tournament owner for a more reasonable venue fee. Maybe make threats like "I won't promote this unless it's only 20% of the pot being taken out" which I am comfortable with. Also, people should bring Wiis! The store has 8 TVs and I brought 3 between myself and friends but they ended up not even being needed =-/. Thanks to the people that did bring Wiis though cause it was a HUGE help! I'll be busy from now up until the 6th of July but hopefully I can start going to tournaments often after that.
He made like $400 that day by taking money from the pot. That was overkill. I'm definitely cool with you threatening him to get the percent lowered, because he took waaaay too much. He really should only be taking enough to cover expenses and make a modest profit since it's a business.

Top Bottom