• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North Carolina's Midstate Massacre

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman

I had an awesome time running this and I'm looking forward to doing it again. This was my first time organizing a real event like this and I really appreciate all the help I got with everything, especially from Archer, esam, and STEEEVE- you guys rock. Thanks to everyone else who helped in any way/brought setups/drove me to IHOP/came and made this happen. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, and I hope everyone comes back :awesome:

Photos
Brawl videos
Melee videos
Project M videos

Brawl Singles- 32 Entrants

[COLLAPSE="Brawl Singles Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: [FBC] ESAM ($98.00)
2: ilove ($41.00)
3: Stingers ($24.00)
4: Stockfield
5: 313
5: Archer.
7: Scotty O.B.
7: killinator
9: Sane
9: Elite
9: V1CE
9: H1N1
13: Uncle
13: Darkness Blae
13: spex
13: Brandon M
17: Nathan
17: Brandon
17: Jared
17: Chris M
17: Chris V
17: Tru
17: mouse
17: Jesse
25: Jalen
25: Eman
25: LJ Elks
25: Andrew
25: verifyedrasta
25: Hunter
25: Lightning HV
25: Chuckie

Brawl Doubles- 8 Teams

[COLLAPSE="Brawl Doubles Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

(esam, v1ce, archer & scotty decided to split the pot and not play grand finals).

1: [FBC] ESAM + V1CE ($35.00)
1: Steal our stars again mother****er (Archer. + Scotty O.B.) ($35.00)
3: ilove + H1N1 (ilove + H1N1) ($10.00)
4: Stockfield + Stingers (Stockfield + Stingers)
5: 313 + killinator (313 + killinator)
5: Uncle + CJ (Uncle + CJ)
7: Andrew + Jared (Andrew + Jared)

Melee Singles- 22 Entrants

[COLLAPSE="Melee Singles Bracket"]

You notice MyDrumLuck exists twice in the bracket- due to a registration error he was entered into tio twice. The one higher up on the bracket (vs Logan R1) is the real person, the other one (vs vista R1) doesn't exist. Essentially vista had a 1st round bye. [/COLLAPSE]

1: [FBC] ESAM ($66.00)
2: Mahone ($28.00)
3: Stingers ($16.00)
4: Juno McGrath
5: Bosswalk
5: vista
7: v4extreme
7: TehSqueeMistro
9: Toaster
9: Logan
9: $qu!r+
9: MyDrumLuck
13: LJ Elks
13: Jared
13: Travis
13: Clearwing
17: Chris M
17: Andrew
17: Ryan
17: Eman
17: The buddha
17: Ezara

Project M- 12 Entrants

[COLLAPSE="Project M Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
(The payout for this was going to be 70-30 for 1st and second, esam and stingers decided to split the pot and not play grand finals).

1: [FBC] ESAM ($12.00)
1: Stingers ($12.00)
3: Archer.
4: Juno McGrath
5: Carson
5: TehSqueeMistro
7: 2%
7: killinator
9: Andrew
9: Jared
9: $qu!r+
9: vista

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yes projectm!

shoutouts to brad. move to raleigh.
shoutouts to me for SUCKING HOLY **** I LOST TO ****ING DEDEDE /salt
shoutouts to all caps
shoutouts to basketball
shoutouts to steve, but it aint over yet

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Good **** on getting the results out fast, great logo, and well-done tourney in general. It looks like my alma mater's Smash scene is in good hands. ;)

@Steve: That girl was hilarious.

*Peach lands bair* Girl: WOMEN'S RIGHTS, YEAH! WOOOOOOO!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
brawl videos?
I know CJ recorded a bunch of Brawl matches (singles and doubles) for sure. He usually uploads them on his YouTube channel a few days after a tourney.

I also have Game 5 of Doubles Winner's Finals recorded on my Wii. I'll be sure to upload that.

Squirt

Smash Apprentice
I had a lot of fun guys thanks a lot. Great job Alex, I would have exploded from trying to balance watching the tourny while managing it, you were so chill you just let it happen. This was a great experience.

In hindsight I guess it was a mistake to tell everyone it was my first tourney, it gave everyone a sense of security and a boost of confidence, especially vista who owned me in my looser's bracket.

I'm kind of glad I didn't play any scrubs because I felt uber legit.

Sorry to be selfish, but if anyone remembers playing friendlies or playing me at all pm me with critique.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
brawl videos?
Yeah, I didn't record those so it's up the guy who did... CJ apparently, I don't know him but I did ask him to post in the thread when they were up.

Good **** on getting the results out fast, great logo, and well-done tourney in general. It looks like my alma mater's Smash scene is in good hands. ;)
Glad you approve ^___^

this looked cool, shame I couldn't have come out =(

I heard there would be another one of these next semester?
That's the plan. My coordination with UNCC's mlg club should be a lot smoother learning from the mistakes that happened this time, we'll be reserving a room way in advance to get a nicer one, etc. I definitely hope you can make the next one.

Top Bottom