• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American Online Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ok so I want to run a North American Invitational where 16 of the best/most exciting players comprise the bracket.

This has never been done with ssb64 online as far as I know. MATTS did a GOD player tourney way back in the day but that's as close as we have.

1st order of business is composing a list of players we'd potentially like to see involved. Afterwards I'll make a poll and we'll vote on the top 16. I'll start, in no order:

MATTS!
Frogles
LD
Wizzrobe
tacos
Z
Killer
Boom
Destiny
Twilight Sparkle
Fireblaster
Star King
Kabal
NTA
Unreal
Villainy (if we can find him)
JaimeHR
Firo

Continue with people I forgot/left out please.

Studstill

Smash Ace
No offense but I can beat NTA and Kabal. Just saying. No Mariguas for lag?
Also, Derek Bancarz is insane good.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
been retired from competitive online events since 2013 because of unreliable internet

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Whatever happened to Villainy?
I remember having some of the most defensive matches ever against his abnormally good Luigi.
Definitely one of the best Luigi's I've ever played.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Stop if maafia. I don't even play Kirby and your Luigi couldn't beat me. =]

Anyway this thread is way off topic. And not many people are posting names outside my list.

I may scrap the voting idea and just invite 16 players of my choosing.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Hey I still exist... I lurk the boards occasionally but haven't played hardly at all since summer.

I don't think I've played you. and I don't usually play luigi mirrors :-P
Yea I remember Vs'ing you but whateva
luigi dittos is just one matchup though, plus i beat you with link
T'was ur birthday and i didnt want to make u feel bad :p
(John John John)
lol im kidding, but to be fair my 3rd party xbox remote kept turning off cause the wire was bad, I got a N64 adapter if you wanna go some rounds ;)

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Kimimaru is back after moving to West Coast and even though he's on 5 frames we still ended up evenly matched out of around 7 or 8 games. He has a killer DK and a really good Mario, he's definitely worth a mention now that he's situated and got his internet going.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
this was a good idea in 2009 when no one played each other before but we have seen all the top players play each other on console now

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
-censor dodging & flaming removed-

Mod Edit: This thread was bumped after 3 years of inactivity. It's getting closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom