• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Project M Thread

$heen

Smash Ace
There doesn't seem to be a central community for PM in Norcal, so I'm starting one.

I am one of two PM developers from norcal; the other being jiang, who is in socal for most of the year. To contact me or other PM players, join the PM IRC chat here.

A bunch of us play PM alongside melee every Tuesday evening here:
http://showdownesports.com/sf-game-nights/

Norcal has a massive player base and lots of PM fans, yet no tournament scene, so let's get things started:

I'm the best Lucario here and will take any mms.

Last edited:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Humboldt chiming in. We're fans of the project up here and we're looking to make a trip to a NorCal tourney whenever possible. We have 7 or 8 regulars and we're improving fast.

Leifus

Smash Rookie
Lodi saying hey! Havn't had a chance to play Project M too much, but it'd be awesome to find some people to play with!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yo this thread is really important, glad you made it

There are a few of us project M players in upper CenCal, we might be willing to travel a bit of a ways to a tournament

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I want to get into Project M because I've been thinking about Squirtle and Ivysaur a lot recently and I have a bunch of things I want to try on both of them.

Sheen / anyone else do you guys want to play sometime?

fren

Smash Rookie
Santa Cruz here. Got some friends that are (maybe?) trying to do tournies. Lots of melee here, not so much PM.

StoneBone

Smash Cadet
I've just moved to CA from MA, hoping to make some friends & play some smash. Anyone in the Alameda County/Dublin/Pleaston Area, Just hit me up :)

D

Deleted member

my brother and I are in Chico, anybody around that area down to play weeklies or something?

K1llua

Smash Rookie
my brother and I are in Chico, anybody around that area down to play weeklies or something?
Yeah I live in Chico and me and my friends have been looking for other PM or Melee players we need to play sometime

D

Deleted member

its tight to see that chico has some people down to play, we just need to find a place to play and set a time

YungPurp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-1423-1023
Me and a couple other fellow SmashyMcSmashers live in the Sacramento and Elk Grove area. Also Sheen, I'll take you on that mm.

Peño

Smash Rookie
Mill Valley smasher here. Got a couple friends out here that would probably be down as well. Tuesdays may prove to be difficult.

_Ozz_

Smash Rookie
Any Smashers in the Bay Area? I'm trying to get into competitive play for Melee/PM. Any people within the 650 or 510 area?

Samoe

Smash Rookie
Project M tournament this Saturday (4/12/14) in S. Sac/Elk Grove!

Noon - 7PM
$2 venue fee, singles is $3 and doubles is $3 per person. (Fees go towards cash prize pool and event upkeep.)

8443 Trimmer Way, Sacramento, CA, 95828

There will be lots of friendlies.
Bring a setup if you can/want. Also feel free to bring other games/systems. We have at least 2 HDTVs and a ton of CRTs.

Absolutely NO illegal substance of any kind. This includes marijuana, alcohol, etc. If you have to smoke tobacco, please do so outside.

I have dogs and cats so be wary of allergies; they will be kept in the backyard for the duration of the event.

There will be a snack table and if people wanna pool money for a pizza or something I won't stop them.

Spread the word! Everyone's welcome.

Last edited:

GreenMario

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you guys have a facebook page for Norcal PM, but let me know. Anyway, I'm looking for whoever wants to play smash in the San Francisco Bay area. After some unfortunate life events, I'm stuck in the bay area without a place to stay for a couple weeks. Regardless, if push comes to shove I can find places to stay so it's not a necessity. Regardless, I WANT TO PLAY SMASH BROS! Let me know if anyone would like to play. I'm a little rusty and don't have a controller, but used to be very active a few years ago in the melee community in the Southeast and traveled around the east coast and midwest a bit a few years back. And yes, I main mario (and do play luigi so get off my "isn't that luigi" ****). Let me know if you want to play ssb64, ssbm, or pm. Thanks!

TheUniverse

Smash Rookie
Any idea when the permits for under 21 will be a thing? I want to go, but I am not old enough

$heen

Smash Ace
There are no PM tournaments at the Foundry, unfortunately. There is usually a free melee tournament on Tuesdays.

phloatingman

Smash Rookie
We're coming from a nonexistent NorCal PM tourney scene 6 months ago to a 100+ entrant tourney at Google headquarters. Awesome community.

Smash@Google Tourney (August 9, 2014)
facebook.com/events/332558950233739/

NobrawlHere42

Smash Rookie
I live in Santa Cruz. Not a professional PM player, but i can still play, and ive been looking for a tourney, but i havent found a single one. I love the thread

Jones534

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1162-9738
We have local smashfests at a bar in SF every Tuesday

There will be melee and PM so check it out (assuming you're 21+).

Is this still going on? If I'd be willing to come through. Got a few friends who'd also be willing to come.

$heen

Smash Ace
Yes. There are also events on Thursdays now, although those have more Street Fighter than smash. I believe there is also a $5 venue fee now.

Jones534

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1162-9738
It's all good. I'll try to come out Tuesday with a friend of mine. He's a great player just needs to get exsposed to other smashers.

Top Bottom