• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Nope

Smash Lord
I am pleased to announce this is turning into monthly tournaments! So get your controllers and bring your A game and play with some of the top competition in Ohio!

All is Brawl Tournament Link (Click Here!)

Where:
My House
2141 Broadway St
Springfield, OH 45504

When:
Saturday, Nov. 20th
Registration starts at 10:30 and ends at 11:30 NO LATER
(you can call ahead if you will be a few minutes late but other then that sorry)
Tournament starts at 12:00 (Doubles First! Then singles right after doubles ends)

Price:
$5 Venue Fee (Bring a Setup and Get this Waived!!! Brawl/Wii/TV)
$10 For Singles
$10 For Doubles ($20 Total for a Team)

Split:
Singles Payout
1st: 48% (Also as a new incentive if you win the last monthly you get the next one named after your tag and/or main!!!! You DO NOT get to pick the name I do.)
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Please Bring a Setup if you Can!

We really NEED setups so bring them!!!

There are plenty of places to eat within 3-5 minutes driving distance or you are more then welcome to order pizza. Bring some extra cash if you are going to get hungry. Housing will be provided if you need it! We have plenty of couches and lots of friends live close by so don't be afraid to ask. If you have any questions give me a call at (937) 925-2608

On that note this is a house please respect it and everyone inside! If not you are liable to be ejected without refund and you will never be aloud back.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.

* No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

* If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced. The Edge Grab Limit will be 35 on every stage but Norfair, on Norfair it will be 45. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

* Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Note: The Springfield Crew may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

Neutral Stages:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheon
-Green Greens
-Norfair
-Pictochat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Everything else is banned

Attending:
1.) Nope
2.) Lou
3.) Fonz
4.) Champ
5.) Capem
6.) RipN
7.) Sil
8.) ParanormalSin
9.) Wakka
10.) Warfie
11.) HSM
12.) Y.b.M.
13.) Clowsui
14.) Kiest
15.) Mr. E
16.) Quivo
17.) WTP
18.) Hilt
19.) Xisin
20.) Crash
21.) Rowan
22.) Composer
23.) Today
24.) Zephil
25.) King Beef
26.) Infern
27.) Smash64
28.) KassandraNova
29.) Kel
30.) L-Cancel ?
31.) Cook ?
32.) Juu
33.) Sole
34.) Count
35.) Luminoth
35.) Fizzle
36.) Mudkyp
37.) Blue Rogue
38.) Shugo (You better be at your own Sexy Saturday)
39.) Renegade
40.) Links24
41.) Excel ?
42.) Steel Samurai
43.) Mister Eric

Nope

Smash Lord

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah I should be able to come to this.
FINALLY, a tourney that's NOT in my city and has good people that I can actually go to and play against
I need a team mate for this
YbM or Steve, you up for it?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Do you think singles will be done before 5:00 pm in case I cannot get work off? If so I will be attending whether I work or not, Also dayton has a tournament the weekend before I just posted the thread on it.

lou4222

Smash Lord
For the next smash game the little beavers from the DK games should be in it. Holtz would main him, even if all he did was walk around and get stomped on.

Nope

Smash Lord
what overswarm meant I'm sure is that no one really in the competitive Halo community really judge ones talent based on level you have in matchmaking (which is the common thought by most people unfamiliar with the higher levels of play) ie I'm a 50 and your a 42 so I'm clearly better then you is not the case. Most people determine your ability based on how well you do in custom matches with other good players and teams. I am also not saying you were not good at Halo or that I am the best halo player out there but the concept of being good has nothing to do with your level in most cases. Also Sneaky Beaver happens to be an inside Halo joke if you have ever watched online VOD on MLG and heard Chris Puckett commentate. I'll try to find a link for you sometime

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Thats essentially what I thought he meant especially since some people get their ranks by cheating or boosting, anyways it doesnt matter were discussing a smash tourney not halo so im gonna drop it

Nope

Smash Lord
cheating or boosting isn't really an issue either since a 50 in Halo 3 is pretty easy to obtain but ya you have the gist of it.

Now that we are done with that hopefully it will be a bit warmer here in about a month so not only will the whole living room area be devoted to smash but also the patio (it's too cold for it at the moment) Lets also make sure we have plenty of setups this time around.

wakka444

Smash Ace
You guys have johned for the last three smash fests. This is a tourney and you better be there!!!! Its a ton of fun when OUGA and Springfield get together. Im pumped for this weekend
he knows what hes talking bout, ouga be there

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
he knows what hes talking bout, ouga be there
and wakka would know all about johns seeing as apperently i do them all the time to get away from dayton >.>

holtz, is it gonna be another one of those "give us money for soda" type deals or would you like us to bring our own? (Granted there are two very close gas stations xD)

Nope

Smash Lord
para thats not decided yet but if everybody wants to pitch in a dollar when they come in the door I will buy some pop ahead of time. If not rely on yourselves for drinks and food

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Hey what did you guys use to record at the last things because id like to try and duplicate it at my tournament the week before the next one?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
http://www.youtube.com/user/RipNSleep

also at DJ we used a capture card that we have built into the computer you can get a really nice one for 40$ if you know how to install it. You could also purchase an external one (dazzle cards seem to be a popular brand) for about 50$
thanks, and that only has the crew battles up, are you guys gonna put the tourney vids up?

Top Bottom