• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Noob Question: Does MLG use PM? If not, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Because I hate melee now. I mean the few low tier underdog vs sheik/fox matches are fun to watch but its painful to watch such an imbalanced roster now that PM exists.

Does MLG not allow PM for legal reasons? Also, what's the biggest tourney that uses PM?

Peace

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
They do not because it is a professional organization and PM isn't an official Nintendo game. They were lucky to even get Melee at the time.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
>Melee is a terrible tournament game
>Generates incredible hype, massive turnouts to tournaments, heaps of stream viewers, 12 years after the game was released.

You have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
You have no idea what you're talking about, lol.
#shotsfired

You're one of the millions of other biased plebes who won't admit Melee was trainwreck because you use one of the only 3 or 4 tournament viable characters out of roster of TWENTY FIVE.

Seriously. Everyone has known here since day one the sobstory of Melee is that it was brilliantly designed mechanically (albeit a lot of it without intent) but that the character balancing was garbage, negating 80% of the fun and purpose of a game where you choose your favorite Nintendo character to fight with. People just don't have the courage to call out the decade-old elephant in the room.

If this wasn't such an internal issue with fans from the getgo, PM would never put so much work into balancing the entire Brawl roster and it wouldn't have exploded like it has.

EDIT: Oh looky the MLG finals on right now, MARTH v SHEIK? That's crazy they both must really love thosE characters DUR

Last edited:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
^stuff only people bad at the game would say

If you feel like these top 8 matches have been boring, I feel so incredibly sorry for you.

Last edited:

Bjørn Christian Noor

Smash Cadet
#shotsfired

You're one of the millions of other biased plebes who won't admit Melee was trainwreck because you use one of the only 3 or 4 tournament viable characters out of roster of TWENTY FIVE.

Seriously. Everyone has known here since day one the sobstory of Melee is that it was brilliantly designed mechanically (albeit a lot of it without intent) but that the character balancing was garbage, negating 80% of the fun and purpose of a game where you choose your favorite Nintendo character to fight with. People just don't have the courage to call out the decade-old elephant in the room.

If this wasn't such an internal issue with fans from the getgo, PM would never put so much work into balancing the entire Brawl roster and it wouldn't have exploded like it has.

EDIT: Oh looky the MLG finals on right now, MARTH v SHEIK? That's crazy they both must really love thosE characters DUR
Someone ban this ignorant ****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
#shotsfired

yo this dude with 8 posts is going in on melee wtf

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Bro I ain't gonna get banned for having probs with melee and defending a point when some trolly dude says "I don't know what I'm talking about". I wasn't tryin to start flames. Cheers to the solid dude who called me ignorant too, jezus wtf.

Also havin a hard time in tourneys against a-teirs when you're top brass Ganon doens't make you "bad at the game", dude who uses marth. You all are confirming my points so hard it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom