• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob Peach Questions

FerWhat

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, first post here, so apologies if these are answered somewhere else.

I've been playing peach for a few months, and there's a few things I can't figure out:

1) .When doing the up throw chain grab on fast fallers, should I be using dash grabs or jump cancel grabs?

2) .I use dash attack to start a lot of combos. My friend has recently started shield grabbing all my dash attacks. I have tried using ground float canceled nairs as well, but I get shield grabbed out of those too. (I've also been getting shield grabbed out of float canceled bairs).

Are FC nairs and bairs safe on shield? And what are some other shield pressure options to mix in w/ dash attack?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Hey Guys, first post here, so apologies if these are answered somewhere else.

I've been playing peach for a few months, and there's a few things I can't figure out:

1) .When doing the up throw chain grab on fast fallers, should I be using dash grabs or jump cancel grabs?

2) .I use dash attack to start a lot of combos. My friend has recently started shield grabbing all my dash attacks. I have tried using ground float canceled nairs as well, but I get shield grabbed out of those too. (I've also been getting shield grabbed out of float canceled bairs).

Are FC nairs and bairs safe on shield? And what are some other shield pressure options to mix in w/ dash attack?

Thanks!
1) dash grabs
2) if you're fast enough and spaced right fc bair/nair are hard to punish even if they arent technically 'safe' on shield. as an approach you can also do fc fair>grab mixed up with fc fair>jab. if you are being shieldgrabbed on your fc bairs they are probably too close / not fced properly, try spacing them differently or with more of a fade back before landing

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I use dash attack to start a lot of combos. My friend has recently started shield grabbing all my dash attacks. I have tried using ground float canceled nairs as well, but I get shield grabbed out of those too. (I've also been getting shield grabbed out of float canceled bairs).

Instead of dash attacking, you can dash grab them. They have to keep holding shield to call out your dash attack which means you can grab them.

What height are you using FC nair from? Are you doing them from ground float height? Are you doing them from that height Armada likes to do where the front hand of nair is about on the same plane as the opponent's head? The height you do the nair at greatly impacts how safe it is on shield. Further, you need to make sure you're fastfalling the nair. There are two ways to do this: fastfall after you hit them/their shield which is the easy way and is what Armada does, or you can FF the nair before the hit to get a little extra advantage on shield which is moderately hard. The same goes for bair, but it's easy to FF bair before the hit since bair is twice as slow as nair.

If you're getting shield grabbed, dsmash is a good counter option. You may just have slow timings though. I wrote a post about Peach's shield pressure, but it may be a bit advanced. You might find it useful. At the end, I outline a good way to practice Peach's shield pressure.

Spaced dtilt on shield is safe against most characters. It doesn't really get you anything. Peach's shield pressure is basically FC aerials and grabs.

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
I've been having trouble with people shielding dash attack. But then of course it's because you conditioned your opponent to believe you'll use dash attack a lot. Luckily this specific situation is easily corrected and you can dash grab him. But watch for him when he realizes you are grabbing him. He will probably spot dodge.

Essentially, play a guessing game with him :)

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Use dash attack vs grounded opponents very sparingly, a good mixup could be FC fair from a distance>immediate dash attack, for example. Like they said, dash grab beats shield grab. If they sit in shield, bair>dsmash rips their shield for an easy poke.

FerWhat

Smash Rookie
What height are you using FC nair from? Are you doing them from ground float height? Are you doing them from that height Armada likes to do where the front hand of nair is about on the same plane as the opponent's head? The height you do the nair at greatly impacts how safe it is on shield.

What height should I be doing the FC nairs from? And why does Armada prefer to do FC nairs at the height you described? What are the advantages?

And yes, I have been doing the FC nairs at ground height.

Thanks!

Sycorax

Smash Ace
What height should I be doing the FC nairs from? And why does Armada prefer to do FC nairs at the height you described? What are the advantages?

And yes, I have been doing the FC nairs at ground height.

Thanks!
The height depends on what you're trying to accomplish. The lower they are the more advantaged they can be on shield. Higher nairs have more coverage though. I think Armada does those higher nairs to catch opponents if they try to jump. Her nair doesn't cover above and in front well so Fox and Falco can SH dair over ground float nair. Other characters can SH over it too and come down with something. I don't know for sure though.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I have another newbie question... I've recently switched to peach and I'm wondering how does she deal with projectiles, more specifically projectiles like Samus' missles and Doc's pills, because I know that float makes Falco's lasers a lot less threatening...

Top Bottom