• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB 1- Feb. 20, 2010 - HBOX, COLBOL, RockCrock, Shiz, Kspdn and other PRO SMASHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrach8

Smash Lord
N.O.O.B. 1- No One Owns Better GO U.S.A.
Feb. 20, 2010

1125 S Clarke Rd
Ocoee, FL 34761

(Use 1101 S Clarke Rd for your GPS)

Phone: (407) 217-1996

SINGLES- $15 per person
DOUBLES- $20 per team

Doors open at 12 noon.
Registration for doubles starts at 12 noon.

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

ATTENDANCE
1. Skrach
2. Dop
3. Col Bol
4. SlimNasty
5. LozanoGarbanzo
6. Eikelmann
7. Scidadle
8. CaptainCrunch
9. Hungrybox
10. D-Torr
11. Kyon
12. Vericz
13. Uuaa
14. LadyLegion
15. Dark Sonic
16. Linguini
17. Crom
18. AceDudeyeah
19. Angrylobster
20. KuyaSombreo
21. Rohins
22. Reno
23. Zone
24. Zoro
25. Trikrome
26. bladeofapollo
27. Frames
28. RockCrock
29. PolMex23
30. Moses
31. smash your m0m
32. knihT
33. Plup
34. Hive
35. yummynbeefy
36. DaShizWiz
37. KeepSpeedn
38. Projekt
38+. A few more and we have legit pools!

Setups
Plain and simple we need setups, help out ya boy, I have three tvs but only one cube:
1. Me
2. SlimNasty
3. CaptainCrunch

P.S. With this potentially being the first tournament in a series of many, I want to make it as fun as possible so any ideas would be much appreciated.​

P.S. x2 - If enough people come to the tourny including out of staters, I will personally make it worth ur while, how does $100 extra sound?​

Due to unforeseen expenses such as tables and chairs, im going to have to use some of my own money to throw this tournament so with that said, I cannot supply the bonus. But i will not be using the money from entrants to supply the dinero. So pot size is gunna be normal, and when i say normal i mean if more people enter the bigger the pot is going to be.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
ok so here's what you need to do

post at least three good pictures

make sure that the owner will not charge more than a $5 door fee OR take more than 25% of the pot.

and then pick a date at least a month in advance!

skrach8

Smash Lord
ok good deal.....

pics will come tmrw

door fee will be five

and date is gunna be next month some time... like i said it all depends on the info i get tmrw.. but thank you.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
APK!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an excellent idea. I just wish I still lived there. Skrach, you da man!

HYPE THIS!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
good stuff man.

And in other news,

H1roshi has just recieved word that iNetz Gamers (the nice venue) is down to start hosting melee tournaments again on ANY given Saturday - the first being the saturday after thanksgiving and Rom2, most likely.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hungry...

I think the majority of smashers are going to refuse to attend any tournament with more than a $5 door fee or 25% pot retention.

I don't know if INET has changed their policy, but everyone i've talked to around here says they're not going to INET if they are going to still take 50%.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hungry...

I think the majority of smashers are going to refuse to attend any tournament with more than a $5 door fee or 25% pot retention.

I don't know if INET has changed their policy, but everyone i've talked to around here says they're not going to INET if they are going to still take 50%.
yea I know.

There's a new guy running the place, so me and Brian can talk pay/rules policy with him.

We'll try to make it similar to gigs. Plus the venue already comes with 5 Lagless setups.

skrach8

Smash Lord
alright thanks mwarhead, i just called the guy rick, not robert, im guessing two different people.

I actually had a few questions about how you covered the expenses at gigz, percentage of pot taken out to cover those expenses, pay out etc. etc.

Alright to the rest of the smash community. I want to make this venue the standard for smash in CFL.

Ill be meeting with the guy on thursday to talk the money lingo. so ull get more info about this venue on thursday.

As for the first venue i mentioned..... THATS A HUGE NO.... THOSE BTCHES are tryin to charge me $100 an hour. i said fvck that!

Im going to try and keep this tounament as uniform as possible like i mentioned before.... and have it REAL OFFICIAL LIKE!!

AS FOR DOOR FEES.... i HATE PAYING DOOR FEES to be honest..... but in order to bring in big names such as.....
dont blink its colbol
i work for UPS HBOX
DOP THE BROWN FIKI
LINGUINI IS NO LIMP noodle
SHIZ THE MAGICAL WIZ
QDVS and his shoes
ROCK hes so pretty CROCK
UBAAAA ud never guess ICE
Phanna mint
hes not Green with envy Mario
Lampchops the sensei
and other party favs as well as OOS

A nice pot size is just good incentive.

GIGZ ran it without door fee and i will try to do the same..... i was also thinking that the door fee could go towards pizza. Pizza hut has that 5 dollar pizza deal right? In any case we will figure it out.

I plan on running this tournament tighter then a virgin's ******. HAHAH cmon that was pretty **** funny. And i will always aim for pools cuz they are just fun..... and also try to figure out a good seeding system..... with all that said...... well..... im done saying what i had to say.

Till next time..... good luck comrades..... LONG LIVE MELEE..... LONG LIVE SKRACH.... I MEAN SMASH!

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
alright thanks mwarhead, i just called the guy rick, not robert, im guessing two different people.

I actually had a few questions about how you covered the expenses at gigz, percentage of pot taken out to cover those expenses, pay out etc. etc.

Alright to the rest of the smash community. I want to make this venue the standard for smash in CFL.

Ill be meeting with the guy on thursday to talk the money lingo. so ull get more info about this venue on thursday.

As for the first venue i mentioned..... THATS A HUGE NO.... THOSE BTCHES are tryin to charge me $100 an hour. i said fvck that!

Im going to try and keep this tounament as uniform as possible like i mentioned before.... and have it REAL OFFICIAL LIKE!!

AS FOR DOOR FEES.... i HATE PAYING DOOR FEES to be honest..... but in order to bring in big names such as.....
dont blink its colbol
i work for UPS HBOX
DOP THE BROWN FIKI
LINGUINI IS NO LIMP noodle
SHIZ THE MAGICAL WIZ
QDVS and his shoes
ROCK hes so pretty CROCK
UBAAAA ud never guess ICE
Phanna mint
hes not Green with envy Mario
Lampchops the sensei
and other party favs as well as OOS

A nice pot size is just good incentive.

GIGZ ran it without door fee and i will try to do the same..... i was also thinking that the door fee could go towards pizza. Pizza hut has that 5 dollar pizza deal right? In any case we will figure it out.

I plan on running this tournament tighter then a virgin's ******. HAHAH cmon that was pretty **** funny. And i will always aim for pools cuz they are just fun..... and also try to figure out a good seeding system..... with all that said...... well..... im done saying what i had to say.

Till next time..... good luck comrades..... LONG LIVE MELEE..... LONG LIVE SKRACH.... I MEAN SMASH!
Gotta love that ego...

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Gigabits was simple.

70% of admission from Singles went to prize pool. Remaining 30% went to gigabits.

70% of admission from doubles went to prize pool. Remaining 30% went to gigabits.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Im going to have to reschedule the meeting cuz i fail at life. sorry people.

But if it helps this tournament won't be held till after Winterfest.... unless people absolutely want a tournament before then.... so in due time.

Poor status update. but the next one will be baller. FOR SURE

skrach8

Smash Lord
I just met with the Rick, owner of Trilobyte, and the place looks promising. He is going to be sending me pictures of the place which I will be uploading shortly.

Im aiming for February 20 which is the third Saturday of the month.

P.S. Im also debating running a brawl tournament just to increase some of the life in the lan center. So if can maybe get some help from XYZ or RX that would be great. This depends entirely on the community and our willingness to keep melee alive and keep brawl thriving.

Hive64

Smash Rookie
Awesome, Skrach!! Thanks for taking the time to try to get something set up! I'll be there at any tourny you end up settin up, hopefully with the whole A-Team(represent).

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
actually i wanna come to this mainly for the reason that I live in Ocoee.

it would be the first tournament that I wouldnt have to go through this huge hassle to drive to

should be pretty good

skrach8

Smash Lord
brawl wouldnt be on the same day....

I dont really want to run a tournament for brawl, the only reason i feel it necessary is to potentially turn people over to melee...

and just to get another monthly tournament goin for both games.

eventually i would ask XYZ, RX, ETC brawl players to host the tourny if they were up to it.

This is to SFL, NFL, and any other location.... if i see a big enough attendance i will personally, (and hopefully) add $50 to the singles pot and if out of staters come to this tournament there will be a bonus of $100 dollars for singles.

Now im not saying this is garuanteed.... since it is out of my own pocket. But i have two months to raise the money. so it should be no problem.

Now let me clarify what i mean by a big enough attendance. I want enough people for pools! Plain and simple.

You only need 40 people min. to do pools...I know we can hit that mark... LETS DO THIS PEOPLE!

Linguini

Smash Master
Ill be there if there's no brawl. Louis talk to Nasty. He's also down for the tourney on the 2nd. Bring colin.
Shiz/Rock/UI are coming.

황미영

Smash Champion
Man, I went there last month talking to the guy about hosting a tourney sometime, but I thought since it was in Ocoee, no one would come. I guess it took someone known in the community to help out. xD

It's pretty nice to get a scene in Ocoee again. xD The last tourney I went to here was in 2005 at Extreme Play. I can possibly get some local players to come to this.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
I realized that VSA Tampa and this tourney are both on the same date.

VSA might attract more of Florida, unless this was intended to be a replacement for those who can't go to Tampa.

skrach8

Smash Lord
alright im debating speeding this tournament up a month cuz of VSA supposedly having the same date..... what does everyone think bout makin it in the month of JAN....... i need input from all regions as to accomodate as many people as possible.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i'm down, you know i'll be there to represent NOOB TESTAMENT.

skratch
dop
otru
col bol
xyz
sheer
TBP
BO!
RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom