• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs: The Return of the Troll! Scarborough, January 9th, 2010

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Gi is still the TO but he is way to busy to make the thread.

Just For Kicks
445 Midwest road
Unit 34
Scarborough
Saturday, January 9th, 2010

Schedule: (will get updated)
10am-9pm (I got an extra hour :))

Prices:
Brawl

Venue fee: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person) (if enough interest)

The reason why the venue fee is going to be so high this time was because last tournament (School > Brawl) someone stole a camera belonging to the owner of the venue. In order for us to somewhat help and show that we appreciate the venue we are going to increase the venue fee. (price still has not been decided yet)

Brawl +

Singles: $3, maybe $5

SF IV

Singles: $2

Food:
There is a Tim Hortons that is right across the street and a Subway that is about a 5 minute walk away.

Also the owner wants to do a BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs and cans of pop. The hamburgers and hot dogs would be $2 each and pop would be $1.
Directions from TTC transit:

1)From the TTC subway ( on Bloor-Danforth line, green) take the train to Midland station.

or

2) From the Yonge- University line (yellow) transfer to the Danforth line either on Spadina, St. George, or Bloor-Yonge and follow directions above (Bloor-Danforth)

3) Once you reach Midland station, take the 57 to ellesmere road. 5 minute walk to venue.

There are other ways to reach the venue, choose your preference.

For driving:
google maps people,
update on parking soon.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

General rules:
-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.
-DOUBLE MK IN DOUBLES IS BANNED
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Norfair (Doubles only)
Pictochat (Doubles only)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Optional Rules:
-Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:
-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Staff:
Gi
Mikey
Silverdoc
(Same people as last time I guess)

Wii + Brawl:

FiZZ x1 (Brawl +)
Gi x1
Fonez x1 (Brawl +)
5ive x1 (Brawl +)
Mikey x1
Wigi x1
Freeroller x1
Jigsaw x1

T.V.s:

FiZZ x1
Owner of the venue x2
5ive x1
Wigi x1
Hammabro x1
Nickcam x1
Gi x1 (maybe two)
Carter x1
Leafybug x2 (If he comes)
Jigsaw x1
Avarice x1

Extension Cords:

Power Bars:

Gi x2

Recording Stations:

5ive x1

Attendance List:

1. FiZZ
2. Gi
3. Pause
4. 5ive
5. Fonez
6. Eugene
7. Distructo
8. Iliad
9. Leafybug (maybe)
10. Avarice
11. Decoy
12. Jow
13. Mikey
14. Marik
15. Ray Kalm
16. Yoh
17. Crown
18. Carter
19. Tin Man (maybe)
20. Cruxis
21. Kuenzel
22. BOB SAGET!
23. Jow
24. Akariss
25. Mr. TD
26. NQ
27. Knuckles
28. Buenob
29. King Ace
30. Fool
31. Skyler Silver
32. Blitz90
33. Friend
34. Hype
35. Doc
36. JustNoOne
37. Stos (Maybe)
38. Wolfblade
39. Looft Waffles
40. Sauc3
41. Jack
42. JigSaw (Maybe)
43. Toronto Joe
44. i337
45. Freeroller
46. WIGI
47. Nickcam
48. SRTM
49. Hammabro
50. A-Tron
51. Hollow Corex
52. Friend
53. Friend
54. Riddlebox
55. Infzy
56. Inle
57. Jhin
58. xnaku
59. nOne
60. buenob bro's friend 1
61. buenob bro's friend 2
62. jMo292

Dud will probabaly bring her shirts and I will update you guys on that.

Everyone please bring equipment, we can make this tourney pro!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I wish Brawl+ events could start getting legit entry fees / prize pools...guess it still needs more interest to be built though.

There's a slim chance I'll be able to make this, but I'll try.

.decoy

Smash Ace
i'll be there.

and can i just say that the whole venue fee **** / stealing of camera is just ridiculous.

i thought we were past those days of stealing **** (like those wiimotes in the summer). i can only hope that it was one of the people there that was not really "from the community". that is pretty weak yeah.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'll probably be there.

I'm not getting ***** by Zero Suit Samus this time. **** that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I was going to make the tourney name

No Waahs: The Return of the Troll (Mikey approved or not)

Two reasons for no crying at this tourney; venue fee because some ******* decided to steal the camera, and because the Troll is attending and will make people cry.

Avarice, I'm with you on the B+ legit tournies but you know yourself that if I make the tourney $5, no one is going to join cept for 5ive, PG, Eugene, Distructo, you, me, and maybe Idea? That's it. But at $2, we get more people and it may lead to more interest. It's tough to say about B+, but all I can say is that after this tourney 5ive is planning on a B+ PR since there was not enough consistency to make a B+ PR before. That should help the hype.

And F1ZZ, thanks for the thread, and now it is up to you to update and ****, lololol, yes!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Hype this shiet up. Quick quick whip out a banner.

Edit: I should just reuse the same one and rename it lol.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
put me as a maybe, I definitely want to come to this, but its up to my parents, also have a low tiers event, I ain't training my low tier main for nothing!!!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
oh scarborough tournies, we need more of these, they are just so close to me

you can count me there

unless if holy confirms himself coming
then you can count me off

so put me down as a maybe i guess

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm taking Brawl like Ray_Kalm did last time. Get hyped.

I'll enter Brawl+ if I can stay. Hopefully the practice from last Tournament will enable me to not play as d@mn rusty.

Melee friendlies. Get hyped.

Ray_Kalm, you better come man. We need our matches. Tell Yoh and Crow to come with you and all 4 of us can take the bus back together again discussing Tactical Brawl on the subway lol. :yoshi:

Also, legit Tournament name. Someone stole a camera? Any ideas?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Everyone is too occupied with Pownz on the 19th, so just wait. And F1ZZ you gotta really advertise, when I'm done studying I'll go crazy on AiB again (get doc to help once more, lol) but for now just look for some people on this site and post on their page.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I can't make it to the Pownz one because if you can believe it, I have a freaking exam on a Saturday from 7-10pm.
Sooo yeah. I'm focusing on this one. I think I can go, I can't drive but its likely I can get a ride.

Marik we should get a few friendlies in next time, very few in the universe know
or care
about the legendary Yoshi/ZSS matchup.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
WOW! Another tourney around Toronto. Ill try to make it. Lets hope this is as epic as sauga putbreak.

swordgard

Smash Hero
oh scarborough tournies, we need more of these, they are just so close to me

you can count me there

unless if holy confirms himself coming
then you can count me off

so put me down as a maybe i guess
What the hell. Is winning money all that matters to you? Seriously, your attitude is disgusting considering your also one of the major complainers about MK.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik we should get a few friendlies in next time, very few in the universe know
or care
about the legendary Yoshi/ZSS matchup.
Agreed.

I should work on this horrible matchup, I'm tired of Zamus giving me a hard time.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
What the hell. Is winning money all that matters to you?
no of course not, having fun is!!
after all, competitive brawl is SO much fun right

camping, planking, and so much more that i enjoy

and lets not forget, i also love wasting money and time!

of course, why wouldnt i want to waste like 50 bucks on transportation and entry fees on a tournament that i wont make a profit out of?
why wouldnt i want to waste an entire day and not make anything out of it?

you are completely right, of course.

winning money is not important at all!

wasting my time, money, and not enjoying myself is much more important.

.decoy

Smash Ace
playing brawl is fun for some people - no need to bring that down.
if money is all that matters just say that. everyones got their reasons.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
A tournament honoring me, I'm flattered, I really am. I will be sure to make it to this, and I can probably give some sauga people a ride if I don't have a full car already. PS I should totally be part of the staff... Official position: Troll.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I've got no money.

Amped venue fee is just too much.

Can't even play BlazBlue with that. :(

Gichan

Smash Champion
PK-ow, that sounds like a waah. BB failed at the last tourney and will fail this time as well.

Yo Troll, please try to bring a tv as well, or mike, either one of you two, lol.

Top Bottom