• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Phantom Matches

daddypeach

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who likes playing Zelda without phantom sometimes? Sometimes I find it really fun to forget about down b like the good old days. I usually get kicked out of elite for it, but learn so much more about other characters and my own habits.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I've played Phantom-less Zelda since Melee lol

But I think it's generally good to learn to not rely on it. It's not even so good that she can rely on it outside laggy matches from my experience.

daddypeach

Smash Cadet
Melee Zelda's lightning kicks are the most satisfying. I didn't play her until Brawl came out, but now I see the light =D

Phantomless is such a different playstyle. It's a lot of fun, since it can be so easy sometimes to use Phantom every chance you can get.

I kind of wonder if there's a magic ratio to Zelda/Phantom use, even if it's matchup dependent.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
That's basically my whole playstyle since I started playing the game. I basically only use it to ledgeguard, but really suck it at it. If anything, I tend to prefer not to use it since I just feel it holds me back.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Melee Zelda's lightning kicks are the most satisfying. I didn't play her until Brawl came out, but now I see the light =D

Phantomless is such a different playstyle. It's a lot of fun, since it can be so easy sometimes to use Phantom every chance you can get.

I kind of wonder if there's a magic ratio to Zelda/Phantom use, even if it's matchup dependent.
=D

Top Bottom