• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No option to save replay?

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I've tried searching and nobody else seems to be having this issue. I keep wanting to save a replay of my matches but, at seemingly random times, the Save Replay option just doesn't appear on the results screen. I click through every page of the results and still nothing. Some matches it's there, others it isn't. None of these matches are longer than a couple of minutes, so no way length is the issue. Anyone else getting this problem?

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
It doesn't work on specific types of gameplay, like Spirit Board or World of Light. It will ALWAYS function in online gameplay that doesn't have some type of special event based screen after match.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work on specific types of gameplay, like Spirit Board or World of Light. It will ALWAYS function in online gameplay that doesn't have some type of special event based screen after match.
I'm in single-player Smash mode. Like I said, it shows up SOME of the time, but not always. I've tried winning, losing, using different fighters, stages, stage forms, changing rules, everything I can think of, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to when I can and can't save them. I don't know what I'm missing here.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Are you pressing the button to save it or just waiting for a visible queue? I don't think I've seen the "press Y to save replay" icon come up in a long time, but it always works when I'm on the results screen and both players' GSP is shown (you have to be on the part where you GSP is visible, doing it on the "press A" part won't work).

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Are you pressing the button to save it or just waiting for a visible queue? I don't think I've seen the "press Y to save replay" icon come up in a long time, but it always works when I'm on the results screen and both players' GSP is shown (you have to be on the part where you GSP is visible, doing it on the "press A" part won't work).
Yeah, whether or not the prompt appears, I'm pressing Y on every page of the results screen and nothing happens.

WowieYes2

Smash Rookie
I think I know the problem, despite this being late, so you may have solved it. But I figured out that you shouldn’t pause at all during battles. Pausing during a battle will cause the save replay option to not appear. If you don’t pause at all, the option will appear, Hope this helps if you didn’t solve it.

Last edited:

fruot

Smash Rookie
If I am remembering correctly, I do not always see the save button either.
Usually, for me at least, I can still save by pressing "Y", even if I am not prompted.

Not sure if that was obvious or not... Hopefully I am not remembering incorrectly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom